Manchester City

mrbojangles

Can't wait tongue.png

Do you think it is feasible that United could score 7 or 8 against Swansea Mr Bojangles,very improbable i know but interesting all the same especially if you beat Newcastle wink.png then still another game to go!!! squeaky bum time big time.

Edited by MrRed

And a miss hit!

there have been better goals than rooney's in the last 20 days never mind 20 years. pretty laughable.

Cisse's 25 yard outside of the foot bender the other day for example.

Bicycle kicks are for the MLS where they actually practise that <deleted> as it looks so awesome to the technically challenged but otherwise quite handy seppo's.

And a miss hit!

there have been better goals than rooney's in the last 20 days never mind 20 years. pretty laughable.

If Rooney's goal is now to be dismissed as merely a fluke, how are we to know that Cisse actually intended the ball to swerve and dip in the manner that it did?

And a miss hit!

If Rooney's goal is now to be dismissed as merely a fluke, how are we to know that Cisse actually intended the ball to swerve and dip in the manner that it did?

Its very unfair to call it a fluke. It was incredible that he connected with it, especially watching it in real time. However i doubt he intended to score off his shin. To vote a "slight" miss hit as the best goal of the last 20 years of the premier league is absolute folly.

Its very unfair to call it a fluke. It was incredible that he connected with it, especially watching it in real time. However i doubt he intended to score off his shin. To vote a "slight" miss hit as the best goal of the last 20 years of the premier league is absolute folly.

What's that you say carmine? An absolute volley? Yeah, i guess you could call it that. biggrin.png

Well its going to be obvious that Hughes will come and park the bus next weekend, and try to kick the sh#t out of us!

With what has gone on before with the 2 managers, and what is at stake, it couldnt be set up any better!!

I have thought all along that United will not beat Sunderland, and it wouldnt surprise me if City, being typically City, make us sweat more than we need to!!

But I think the book has been written.... Tevez to score late on to bring the championship to the blue side of town!!

More than happy with that result. Tough test at Newcastle and their fans created a good atmosphere. I was more nervous than last week against the RAGS. Should have scored more but I'd have taken 2-0 before the game that's for sure. Come on you blues, just one more to go.

and it wouldnt surprise me if City, being typically City, make us sweat more than we need to!!

Ain't that the truth. But it's part and parcel of being a city fan eh jack.

I don't really go along with theories that City will choke. You have a squad full of highly experienced internationals. True they haven't been involved before in a premier league run in but i really don't think the likes of Kompany, Yaya T, Silva, De Jong and so on are going to bottle it.

Truth is, its Utd that have choked. You could tell from Fergusons fury after the Wigan game, he knew

Yep United choked,and gave it back to them but over the season it was a good battle you could say the game at Old Trafford was the pivotal result.

United have missed out because we have been in transition biggrin.png all season and with the massive injuries crisis we had it is fair to say we did well to hang on in there all season.

Take nothing away from City though they have played some great football and have also ground out results when it matters.

I think there should be the same sort of decision by the Premier League as in Boxing if you are level on points the Champions stay Champions because after all they have not got more points than us only goals clap2.gif argggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! OK i am just joking,well done to City you bitter bastards.

and it wouldnt surprise me if City, being typically City, make us sweat more than we need to!!

I don't really go along with theories that City will choke. You have a squad full of highly experienced internationals. True they haven't been involved before in a premier league run in but i really don't think the likes of Kompany, Yaya T, Silva, De Jong and so on are going to bottle it.

Truth is, its Utd that have choked. You could tell from Fergusons fury after the Wigan game, he knew

I agree and I don't think we'll choke Carms but City have always liked to make us sweat biggrin.png

I think there should be the same sort of decision by the Premier League as in Boxing if you are level on points the Champions stay Champions because after all they have not got more points than us only goals clap2.gif argggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! OK i am just joking,well done to City you bitter bastards.

Nah. Level on points should be decided on the head-to-head. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I agree and I don't think we'll choke Carms but City have always liked to make us sweat biggrin.png

I haven't looked at the table but if QPR need to win then obviously they we have to come at you. If so, you will cane them.

I haven't looked at the table but if QPR need to win then obviously they we have to come at you. If so, you will cane them.

Not 100% sure but I think QPR just need a draw for certainty. That's if Bolton win away to Stoke. If Bolton lose, it doesn't matter.

Good job City. One more to go.

Or will there be one final twist?

Let's hope not.

I'm not a City fan, though watching them this season has been entertaining, but it would be great to have a new champion. And it's better than that team in second.

I'm not sure how common it is yet, but I did see a Thai guy wearing a city shirt in BigC Nakhon Sawan yesterday.

Unfortunately my Thai is not up to asking him if he is a lifelong supporter, or has recently converted from a currently less successful outfit.

I'm saying he's a Thai, but I suppose it's just as possible that he is a Canadian or a woollyback.

I'm not sure how common it is yet, but I did see a Thai guy wearing a city shirt in BigC Nakhon Sawan yesterday.

Unfortunately my Thai is not up to asking him if he is a lifelong supporter, or has recently converted from a currently less successful outfit.

I'm saying he's a Thai, but I suppose it's just as possible that he is a Canadian or a woollyback.

A lot of Thais who support City do so because of their red shirt / Thaksin support. Can't imagine a more despicable combination of interests. sick.gif

Let's hope not.

I'm not a City fan, though watching them this season has been entertaining, but it would be great to have a new champion. And it's better than that team in second.

agree, they have been the best team overall this season so i hope they do win it, 'bought' or not. do still think there's a twist left in it though.

best thing mancini's done this season by the way is bombing balotelli out. lad can be good but he's more often a liability.

Let's hope not.

agree, they have been the best team overall this season so i hope they do win it, 'bought' or not. do still think there's a twist left in it though.

best thing mancini's done this season by the way is bombing balotelli out. lad can be good but he's more often a liability.

As far as being the best team is concerned, i don't think the league lies and if come the end of it, City is top, well then we can all declare them the best.

As for Balotelli, am i correct in my memory to say Stevie that you were one of his defenders earlier in the season, and rather enjoyed his eccentriCITY? I may be wrong about that, although it would kind of fit as you seem drawn to players i consider knobs. Maradonna springing to mind. Anyway i'm drifting away from the point i was going to make. That being that i didn't think Mancini had bombed him really. He said he didn't really trust him and then proceeded to name him in the starting line up of the next game. Only after his ban has Mancini stopped playing him, but my guess would be not to make any point to the player, but simply because with a handful of games remaining, he wanted to name largely unchanged sides for a bit of consistency and without the worry of fatigue.

Balotelli is a loose cannon. One solid tackle on him and he will spend the rest of the game bitching at the referee. Mancini knows he could not trust him last Sunday. He could easily have got himself sent off again.

Balotelli is a loose cannon. One solid tackle on him and he will spend the rest of the game bitching at the referee. Mancini knows he could not trust him last Sunday. He could easily have got himself sent off again.

Unfortunately you are right. I really hope the lad grows up, as he has a lot of talent but he can't keep on getting chances to prove himself and then letting everyone down. I think he is at the last chance saloon, lets see if he has learned or not.

Let's hope not.

As far as being the best team is concerned, i don't think the league lies and if come the end of it, City is top, well then we can all declare them the best.

As for Balotelli, am i correct in my memory to say Stevie that you were one of his defenders earlier in the season, and rather enjoyed his eccentriCITY? I may be wrong about that, although it would kind of fit as you seem drawn to players i consider knobs. Maradonna springing to mind. Anyway i'm drifting away from the point i was going to make. That being that i didn't think Mancini had bombed him really. He said he didn't really trust him and then proceeded to name him in the starting line up of the next game. Only after his ban has Mancini stopped playing him, but my guess would be not to make any point to the player, but simply because with a handful of games remaining, he wanted to name largely unchanged sides for a bit of consistency and without the worry of fatigue.

city have been the best team to watch and have played the best football. it would be a shame if they blew it now and a team as average as the current united one won it.

i enjoyed balotelli as an amusing aside earlier in the season, yes. when he's driving round manchester giving out money and setting fireworks off in his bathroom he's funny. mancini stopped picking him after his ban because he was a liability and because he had tevez back fit. was nothing to do with how many games were left.

i feel sorry for anyone who considers maradona (at least spell it right eh rix?) a 'knob'. the man is and was a genius.

city have been the best team to watch

Based on previous discussions we have had about football on the matter of entertainment, i'm a bit surprised you consider this much of a factor.

and have played the best football.

Inclined to agree although i'm reminded of our FA Cup game this season when we played the better football and lost, and i was promptly told by Liverpool fans that we can't have played the better football or else we would have won the game. Perhaps you didn't share that view? If you did, be interested to know whether you would revise the comment above should City end up not winning the League.

it would be a shame if they blew it now and a team as average as the current united one won it.

It's an average team that has for much of the season performed like a pretty darn good team, evidenced by the fact it has the exact same points tally as the team that will likely win. City on the other hand have, if you look at the players and at the squad, has a team that should be excellent but has failed to be quite often. If you feel there is more to admire about a team that for much of the time punches below its weight, and you feel it more just that they should win over a team that punches much of the time above their weight, fine.

i enjoyed balotelli as an amusing aside earlier in the season, yes. when he's driving round manchester giving out money and setting fireworks off in his bathroom he's funny.

Just another arrogant little fcuker in my book. Kind of funny i guess when you are just reading about it from afar.

mancini stopped picking him after his ban because he was a liability and because he had tevez back fit.

He was a liability long before the ban, and Mancini said it himself by saying that he didn't trust him... yet he still played him.

i feel sorry for anyone who considers maradona (at least spell it right eh rix?) a 'knob'. the man is and was a genius.

He was a genius on the pitch, he was and still is a complete <deleted> moron (hope i spelt that right) off it. Love to know in what way you still consider him a genius?

There is a point in which one can overlook character flaws and put them aside to just concentrate on the talent they do have. There is also a point in which one can't. A point in which who they are as a person starts dirtying the waters of who they are as a footballer, and affects the admiration we might have. Well for me anyway. Perhaps there are some who could find out their favourite player was a child molester, and not have that fact affect their feelings in any way.

• Like 1