Manchester City

mrbojangles

Apparently the fee of 6m isn't the stumbling block, it's his salary.

Which is my point mrboj. Man City gave him a massive salary to sign for them. He still has that contract so if Man City don't want him any more they should buy it off him. While I agree totally £115k per week is a great deal of money it's obviously a lot less than he's getting now. Why should he loose out?

Man City have already played the hard man with Tevez last season (in my opinion the right thing to do at the time) but then towards the end of the season they buckled and caved in to him (in my opinion the wrong thing to do). But Adebayor is a different situation, he's done nothing wrong (except maybe not being a good enough player). All he's doing is honouring his contract.

Of course they could threaten to 'let him rot in the reserves' if he won't leave but I think that could do more harm to Man City than Adebayor in the long term. For a senior player that has proved his ability over the years Adebayor will firstly be extremely well paid for the remainder of his contract and secondly he will always find a 'good pay day' when that contract comes to an end.

But for Man City what sort of message does that send out to other world class players they might want to sign in the future? How many of those players will have second thoughts about signing for a club that tries to bully it's players out of the club when their face no longer fits? Long term that could be a much bigger issue.

That's why I said that in my opinion Man City created the problem themselves so should now admit their mistake and just pay the player in full for any financial losses he might incur by leaving the club and therefore terminating his contract early.

Now wait a minute this is turning into a nonsense.

What you are saying is that he has a contract with City but as City might not play him they should turn him into a 'free agent' by paying out the remains of his contract. Now when Adebayor becomes a free agent, whichever clubs wishes to sign him, will have to pay him a very high salary and also a very high signing on fee because they havent had to pay a transfer fee. So you are saying that the benefits of Adebayor being paid too much and not being good enough to get in the City team are 1) that is contract is cut short but that he is paid in full 2) he gets overpaid again on his next contract and a huge signing on fee. Perhaps he could turn out to be crap again and start all over again.

The reality is that City are taking a much reduced transfer fee to reflect the fact that he is an on-going liability to them. Spurs will pay a reduced transfer fee but a signing on fee to Adebayor to make up for a large proportion of the lost wages over the remains of his contract with City. Then Spurs will put him on what I imagine is a very generous package but much reduced from what he earnt at City to reflect the fact that he was never worth what he earnt at City but he is still a striker so needs to be kept in luxury cars. I rather suspect that Spurs sorted everything out with Adebayor before they sorted it with City (they have had a season or so to discuss things) and it is just as likely that agents are sticking their ugly nose into hold up matters as anybody else.

Now wait a minute this is turning into a nonsense.

What you are saying is that he has a contract with City but as City might not play him they should turn him into a 'free agent' by paying out the remains of his contract. Now when Adebayor becomes a free agent, whichever clubs wishes to sign him, will have to pay him a very high salary and also a very high signing on fee because they havent had to pay a transfer fee. So you are saying that the benefits of Adebayor being paid too much and not being good enough to get in the City team are 1) that is contract is cut short but that he is paid in full 2) he gets overpaid again on his next contract and a huge signing on fee. Perhaps he could turn out to be crap again and start all over again.

The reality is that City are taking a much reduced transfer fee to reflect the fact that he is an on-going liability to them. Spurs will pay a reduced transfer fee but a signing on fee to Adebayor to make up for a large proportion of the lost wages over the remains of his contract with City. Then Spurs will put him on what I imagine is a very generous package but much reduced from what he earnt at City to reflect the fact that he was never worth what he earnt at City but he is still a striker so needs to be kept in luxury cars. I rather suspect that Spurs sorted everything out with Adebayor before they sorted it with City (they have had a season or so to discuss things) and it is just as likely that agents are sticking their ugly nose into hold up matters as anybody else.

I didn't say Man City should make him a free agent at all.

Adebayor has a contract with Man City giving him a very high salary. Man City offered him silly money to sign for them but now say they no longer want Adebayor and want him to leave the club and move else where.

If Adebayor can't find another club willing to give him a similar contract he would loose out financially. What I was saying was, because Man City created the problem, Adebayor shouldn't loose out and Man City should make up the financial short fall for the length of time that his Man City contract would have run for.

That's not making him a free agent at all!

Spurs will pay a reduced transfer fee but a signing on fee to Adebayor to make up for a large proportion of the lost wages over the remains of his contract with City

Are you privy to the details of the offer then? Any contract offer made by Spurs would be a new contract to cover his time there, not to cover an old contract with a previous club. Do you really think Spurs will offer to pay what is Man City's responsibility themselves or is this just pie in the sky waffle?

The reality is that City are taking a much reduced transfer fee to reflect the fact that he is an on-going liability to them

As for the fee they are asking Man City will ask as much as they think another club is willing to pay, and they've come up with £6m. If they thought they could get more they'd ask for it. This situation happens all the time. Man U for example will probably loose £20m+ on Berbatov, not because they're feeling generous and charitable but because that's what he's now worth. It appears Carroll's value is going down at an even faster rate at the moment at Liverpool. Reports suggest they'd be willing to loose £15m over eighteen months to get rid.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

I'm sure Man City's Sheikh now gets it that you can't wander the planet offering big contractual salaries in a legally tight Anglo-American culture without there being consequences down the line. I hope that Adddie and Tevez hold Man city's feet to the flames. Their financial motivation is in fact helping football in the long run.

I'm sure Man City's Sheikh now gets it that you can't wander the planet offering big contractual salaries in a legally tight Anglo-American culture without there being consequences down the line. I hope that Adddie and Tevez hold Man city's feet to the flames. Their financial motivation is in fact helping football in the long run.

I'm sure Mansour is grateful for your advice Santi. However, right from the off he has stated that he knew he would have to pay over the top to get the right players to come and speed up the project, in particular due to the FFP coming into force. The rate at which he has spent will probably never be repeated again by any other club. One thing is for sure, he may be rich but he ain't stupid.

This made me chuckle.

Cantona 'kung <deleted> kicked coffee table' after Manchester City title win

It has emerged that Eric Cantona still has a kung <deleted> kick left in him, according to the Mirror.

A report claims that the Manchester United legend reacted angrily to Sergio Aguero's last gasp winner for Manchester City on the final day of the season.

The famous goal sparked scenes of wild celebrations as it secured City a first title in 44 years, but prompted wilder scenes in Cantona's living room, with the enigmatic Frenchman reportedly violently kicking out at a coffee table.

In 1995, Cantona was banned from football for 9 months, having reacted to some vitriolic comments in the crowd by kung <deleted> kicking Crystal Palace fan Matthew Simmons.

And now his son, according to the report, who was watching the dramatic climax to the 2011/12 season unfold alongside his father, has revealed the Frenchman's martial arts days may not be over just yet.

It is claimed that 23-year-old Raphael met a Manchester United fan outside a bar in Barcelona and described the incident in full detail.

After establishing that the fan supported United, Raphael is reported to have told him how the table "disintegrated" after receiving the full force of his father's anger.

The United fan says that he looked Raphael up on Facebook upon returning from Spain to confirm that he had been talking to Cantona's son.

Link:- http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/23/3259643/cantona-kung-<deleted>-kicked-coffee-table-after-manchester-city

Excellent news. Vinny is a top class player. 6 years is quite an unusual lenghty contract though, isn't it?

Manchester City captain Kompany signs six-year contract

Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has pledged his future to the club after signing a new six-year contract and wants to be part of the team as they continue to strive for more success.

Kompany has been hailed as one of the best central defenders in Europe and captained Manchester City last season as they won the Premier League for the first time in forty years.

"For me, if you are good somewhere then there is no reason to look elsewhere," Kompany told the club's website.

More:- http://www.sport360.com/article/manchester-city-captain-kompany-signs-six-year-contract

He had a fantastic season and is a great pro....a legend for your lot now and 6 years shows what City think of him.

Still waiting on the signings and who you are going to get rid of??

Excellent news. Vinny is a top class player. 6 years is quite an unusual lenghty contract though, isn't it?

Manchester City captain Kompany signs six-year contract

Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has pledged his future to the club after signing a new six-year contract and wants to be part of the team as they continue to strive for more success.

Kompany has been hailed as one of the best central defenders in Europe and captained Manchester City last season as they won the Premier League for the first time in forty years.

"For me, if you are good somewhere then there is no reason to look elsewhere," Kompany told the club's website.

More:- http://www.sport360....x-year-contract

A great player one of the best in the game, but your main problem is off loading players you have half a dozen who are on fat contracts who don't want to take a pay cut leaving or other clubs not willing to pay the same wages to them.

Not much action on the transfer market by city maybe you have to sell a few before you buy?

I think you should be more concerned that you have to sell before you can buy, and Mancini crying because he can't have RVP.

Kompany is a top player and 6 years he deserves.

I think you should be more concerned that you have to sell before you can buy, and Mancini crying because he can't have RVP.

I'm actually quite comfortable with the current situation. We already have a really good squad and until we off load, I don't think we should buy.

• Like 1

Still bought no one? Does Mansour have the staying power of Roman?

Are you serious ?

Well, yes. You only just won the league last year and others have strengthened. Do you think you win it again this year without improvements?

Fwiw i was happy to see you win last year - especially as a friend is man u mad and had to leave the pub after city equalized because he couldn't bear the agony. Cherry on the cake was that he called me 5 minutes later to ask if Man u were champions. Lol.

Are you serious ?

Well, yes. You only just won the league last year and others have strengthened. Do you think you win it again this year without improvements?

Fwiw i was happy to see you win last year - especially as a friend is man u mad and had to leave the pub after city equalized because he couldn't bear the agony. Cherry on the cake was that he called me 5 minutes later to ask if Man u were champions. Lol.

I agree others have strengthened and I do think we maybe need a tweak but off loading comes first. The thing about last season was that we had both Tevez and yaya missing, coincidentally when we slipped in performance. Maybe if they both play all season and we have stability, it will be like having 2 new players.

Yaya missed about 5 games for you didn't he?

Stability? you was very lucky with injuries last season mate it was more players not wanting to play or getting banned to often.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini isn't hiding the fact that he's getting impatient with the club's hierarchy in signing players.

"It is important [to get players quickly] because, after what we did last year, we must continue to win," says Mancini.

"This year will be harder than last so we need to improve our team. We have a man who works for this and we hope he can do a good job."

Who is this man Mr Bo?

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini isn't hiding the fact that he's getting impatient with the club's hierarchy in signing players.

"It is important [to get players quickly] because, after what we did last year, we must continue to win," says Mancini.

"This year will be harder than last so we need to improve our team. We have a man who works for this and we hope he can do a good job."

Who is this man Mr Bo?

rolleyes.gif Arsene Wenger of course.

• Like 1

Are you serious ?

I agree others have strengthened and I do think we maybe need a tweak but off loading comes first. The thing about last season was that we had both Tevez and yaya missing, coincidentally when we slipped in performance. Maybe if they both play all season and we have stability, it will be like having 2 new players.

Yaya will be missing for the same time last yearwink.png and Tevez will go walk abouts to play golf again, he only got a slap on the wrist last time so why not again.

If you are saying you will have stability we will have Vidic Cleverley Anderson Smalling maybe Fletcher and don't forget the young lad Scholes starting the season.

Who is this man Mr Bo?

His name is Brian Marwood and Mancini as already come out and starting to blame him for lack of transfers.

Who is this man Mr Bo?

His name is Brian Marwood and Mancini as already come out and starting to blame him for lack of transfers.

If you compair the two, Marwood and Mancini interms of achievement through ability i think Marwood has a much more difficult job than the italien ladyboy.

He has untold amounts of talent to through at any game situation where as Marwood has to try and broker a "good deal' for the club with other clubs and their players agents knowing that ultimately City's vulgar spending has no limits in buying who they want. Then he has to put up with Roberto using the media to knock him for not concluding the deals quick enough. Amusing stuff in City la la land!

Edited by carmine

Who is this man Mr Bo?

If you compair the two, Marwood and Mancini interms of achievement through ability i think Marwood has a much more difficult job than the italien ladyboy.

He has untold amounts of talent to through at any game situation where as Marwood has to try and broker a "good deal' for the club with other clubs and their players agents knowing that ultimately City's vulgar spending has no limits in buying who they want. Then he has to put up with Roberto using the media to knock him for not concluding the deals quick enough. Amusing stuff in City la la land!

So so true, tough job and with a manager that is used to getting who he wants at any price, now FFP is coming and with around 8 players who need shipping out and not willing to budge due to the huge pay cheques. but i still think RVP will end up at city hope not at united as we really need a midfielder to come in.

Who is this man Mr Bo?

So so true, tough job and with a manager that is used to getting who he wants at any price, now FFP is coming and with around 8 players who need shipping out and not willing to budge due to the huge pay cheques. but i still think RVP will end up at city hope not at united as we really need a midfielder to come in.

They will ship those players out and end up still paying half their wages such is the ludicrous situation that has been allowed to happen. BTW remember a bloke called Santa Cruz?! A once good striker probably bought so no one else could buy him.

Maybe there should be a separate league for City and Chelsea somehow based around points for goals factored in against spending and salaries. Would be quite entertaining i think!

Everyone else can then enjoy a normal season based on achievement

Maybe there should be a separate league for City and Chelsea somehow based around points for goals factored in against spending and salaries. Would be quite entertaining i think!

Yeah, cos nobody else every spends big money on a player do they.

Yeah, cos nobody else every spends big money on a player do they.

Not at City/Chelsea levels no, certainly not the salaries. Its turned the whole EPL transfer market into a circus.

Seriously MrB, i was only trying to get a rise but please don't defend the salaries city and the chavs pay! giggle.gif Its just appalling. You can i know bracket PSG and Madrid but i'm only talking about our league.

• Like 1