Manchester City

mrbojangles

Sorry to see him leave Goodison but I wish him well, maybe David Moyes will have something to play with in his war chest now. Really did not want to see any of the squad go, but if it means we hang on to Baines and Fellaini then it's not so bad.

What happened to the young lad Barclay he should get a few more games this time around!

Baines and Felliani need a stylist not an agent.

I was worried they would sign De Rossi or Javi Marinez, so i am very happy they have spent on rodwell. and he is reported to have trippled his wages to a six figure sum, good another average player they will find hard to off load later on.

nev. surely you understand that we are short defensively?

Savic is an accident waiting to happen!!!

Not so long ago Ferguson wanted Rodwell for 10 mill plus Carrick!!

He is a good young ENGLISH player. Cant say i am ecstatic but its a good buy!!

If he is over the injurys he has had, he is one for the future

Jack you are starting to sound like a Red smile.png 18 Million is way to much for a bench warmer.....the truth is United and all other teams will be happy if he is in your team this season regularly wink.png

So you would rather have Scholes than Rodwell? Give over!!

He is a midfielder who I remember being given glowing reports as to his ability to cover at centre half.

We will probably sell De Jong (not happy), Barry I dont rate that highly, and Yaya we will lose again in JAN!!

I would have loved to get De Rossi, but his price is ridiculous.

18mill is a gamble admittedly, but I would rather take that gamble than rely on ginger nuts Scholes!tongue.png

Yes if you are talking about the ginger prince,i would rather have him than Rodwell for this season! admittedly Scholes will be on the bench also quite abit..... but that is not the issue here we have Cleverly who you should be compairing Rodwell to yes?? smile.png

Cleverly Rodwell...Rodwell Cleverly? No brainer really is it thumbsup.gif

I didn't watch the game i was busy doing the ironing was it any good? Most people over the years seem to think the community shield is a waste of time.

Perfect for Mr care in the cummunity himself Mr Balotelli ....how did he perform did he get sent off?

What was the score? 100 billion all!! tongue.png

Yes if you are talking about the ginger prince,i would rather have him than Rodwell for this season! admittedly Scholes will be on the bench also quite abit..... but that is not the issue here we have Cleverly who you should be compairing Rodwell to yes?? smile.png

Cleverly Rodwell...Rodwell Cleverly? No brainer really is it thumbsup.gif

I think Cleverley is a great player in the making!

The point I am making is that we have so called cover at centre half in the name Savic who makes me shat my pants every time he gets within 5 yds of the ball!! We needed that cover , Cleverley cannot play that position as far as I am aware..... is it too much money? hell yeh!!! but he is young and English which will fall in with the "FIFA" plan

I didn't watch the game i was busy doing the ironing was it any good? Most people over the years seem to think the community shield is a waste of time.

Perfect for Mr care in the cummunity himself Mr Balotelli ....how did he perform did he get sent off?

Most entertaining game I've seen all season!!

Don't be silly MrRed, it was 3-2 to City!!

Did you hear though there was a massed brawl in the tunnel after the match over conflicting claims from both sets of players over who was earning the most money.whistling.gif

Blimey, that was hard going. Watched the match last night (dirty cheating Chelsea barstewards), got pished then had to drive up to Chaiyaphum at the crack of dawn and graft all day (well, point to things and instruct). In the Hotel now.

Anyway, planning permission is now in for an extention to the trophy room.

MrRed, you got to be in it, to win it. And to be in it, you have to have won something last season. wink.png

• Like 1

show off LOL

(yes miggy is bitter cos we havent got any trophy in a while whistling.gif <---- a preemptive remark to help those that wanna throw that line at me wink.png

of course I still maintain that we are the best team biggrin.png )

Blimey, that was hard going. Watched the match last night (dirty cheating Chelsea barstewards), got pished then had to drive up to Chaiyaphum at the crack of dawn and graft all day (well, point to things and instruct). In the Hotel now.

MrRed, you got to be in it, to win it. And to be in it, you have to have won something last season. wink.png

I hope your house falls down sick.gif

Jack,are you seriously saying that Rodwell has been bought to also play at the back(instead of Savic)? I hope so even better!

Or did i read your post wrong.

He can play at centre back, and with Kolo throwing the dummy out, and Micah out for at least a month... I dont want to be relying on Savic!!

He is a utility player and can be used in defence.

I dont know what Mancinis plans are, but he is certainly an upgrade to Savic if needed at the back

It's made of the finest Thai building materials and should last at least (insert guess) biggrin.png

Shit defending for the goal mrboj....in fact you're looking well rusty today. biggrin.png

Yeah, their first goal was against play and was down to bad defending. Their second was down to bad goal keeping. Pantimillion (sp) looks ok but he's a bit tall and therefore slow on the floor. Hart would have saved the initial shot and if not, at least been up quicker to get to the rebound.

It's made of the finest Thai building materials and should last at least until we win another title! biggrin.png

With FFP coming in, I think this is an excellent appointment.

Man City appoints new CEO

From:- http://www.arabianbusiness.com/abu-dhabi-s-man-city-appoints-new-ceo-470257.html

Abu Dhabi-owned Manchester City Football Club has announced that a former CEO of Barcelona will join the Premier League champions next month.Ferran Soriano, former vice-chairman and CEO at the Spanish giant, has been appointed CEO, effective from September 1, Man City said in a statement. Ferran has worked for several multinational companies across Europe and America and has more than 20 years of strategic consultancy and executive experience in football, telecommunications, consumer goods and aviation.

Man City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: “The process of finding a CEO has been deliberate, far reaching and exhaustive. "In Ferran we have our preferred candidate. His experience in football and in the wider commercial world make him exceptionally well equipped to lead Manchester City through its continued evolution.” Soriano added: “I am delighted to take up the position of CEO of Manchester City Football Club. The vision of the owner together with his commitment, and that of the chairman and board, make this opportunity absolutely compelling. "The club has incredible potential to be fulfilled both on and off the field. I very much look forward to playing my part to ensure that happens.”

During his time at Barcelona, Ferran led and managed the club’s turnaround from revenues of ¤123m and losses of ¤73m to ¤308m revenue and ¤88m cumulated profit within five years.

He also oversaw some of the biggest commercial and media deals in the industry and devised fan acquisition and relationship models and concepts for real estate development.

Edited by mrbojangles

Stunning second half of football. Looks like you Citeh fans are gonna have to keep those tranquilisers handy for another season at least!

Eight games into the season and I think I need to reassess my assertion, somewhere on the footie threads on Saturday morning, that the gap between the top clubs and the rest will be wider this year!

Stunning second half of football. Looks like you Citeh fans are gonna have to keep those tranquilisers handy for another season at least!

Tell me about it. Started this season as we finished the last one, jangling nerves.We played like there was no urgency until they got in front. Several poor performances. Also hope Aguero's injury isn't too bad.

Tell me about it. Started this season as we finished the last one, jangling nerves.We played like there was no urgency until they got in front. Several poor performances. Also hope Aguero's injury isn't too bad.

Likewise, about Aguero, he's one of those players that makes football great to watch. If the injury does prove to be a long-term one, then personally I'd go for Falcao, from Atletico Madrid, as a replacement.

Likewise, about Aguero, he's one of those players that makes football great to watch. If the injury does prove to be a long-term one, then personally I'd go for Falcao, from Atletico Madrid, as a replacement.

Wouldn't we allbiggrin.png. Man City are reportedly beyond their candy-store era, so I doubt it will happen. I'm staggered Falcao is still stuck in a non-CL team

Adam Johnson for sale,i have always liked him and hope he goes to a big club he has got the skills and creativity to do well anywhere.

Undoubtedly talented, but does not have the work ethic or professionalism of someone like, say Milner.

Also is inconsistent, likes the booze and gets a bit cocky.

Thats why Mancini will get rid