Manchester City

mrbojangles

Put me right Mr B. I saw an interview tonight with Mancini who said he's been talking to 8 clubs. Did I misunderstand as I had a few people chatting at the same time in the background. Is he being strongly linked with Monaco or something and isn't he out of order if he's talking to other clubs? I may have got it completely wrong, so take it easy. wai.gif

He hasn;t been talking with those clubs recently Ups. It was before he signed his new contract in the summer. Bit of a non story me thinks.

Mancini is a smart guy.

My understanding is that he was approached by Monaco last season. He.spoke to them over a 5 month period of time. At that time, his contract at City was due to expire within a year. He was offered a deal by Monaco which would have made him the best paid manager in the world, after Gus Hiddink and Ancellotti. He turned down the deal, and signed a 5 yr contract with City. He has admitted talking with 7 or 8 teams last year, but has said he always wanted to stay at City and finish what he started.

I, personally do not have a problem. He has not lied. I dont blame him for talking to other clubs at that time, as he felt that his job was under threat and his contract was running out.

I think our owner rates Mancini highly. The one piece of our 'management' that was causing giant friction with Mancini, was Brian Marwood. Marwood has now been moved sideways into a position developing our Academy, whilst we have brought in the ex Barcelona Director of football to replace Marwood as our Director of football.

I am convinced that Marwood was the culprit for us not bringing in 1 or 2 superstars, instead of the comparative mediocrity of Rodwell/Sinclair/Maicon/Garcia.

• Like 1

I am convinced that Marwood was the culprit for us not bringing in 1 or 2 superstars, instead of the comparative mediocrity of Rodwell/Sinclair/Maicon/Garcia.

I thought city have said that they ain't spending big anymore !

They have never said that Alfie.

They have said that they are not going to be spending as they did before.

But in order to keep at the top, you have to keep spending money, as long as that falls within the 'Fair Play' rules.

Mancini had something like 6 or 7 top players on his 'wanted' list. Marwood failed to deliver even 1, which is why we ended up with Sinclair on the last day of the season ( which Marwood even managed to almost screw that deal up)

Unless by not going to be spending as we did before, means they plan to spend even more, i think most people's understanding would be exactly along the lines that Alfie suggests.

Unless by not going to be spending as we did before, means they plan to spend even more, i think most people's understanding would be exactly along the lines that Alfie suggests.

Spending before was bringing in half a dozen players in for 25mill+ each.

We do not need to do that any more. 1 or 2 Players would suffice. De Rossi was one and Javi Martinez was another. They were our 2 main targets, along with Jovetic and RVP. 1 or 2 of those would have sufficed. With what deadwood we got rid of, we should have brought in a couple of exceptional players, instead of 4 or 5 bit part players.

Alfie, as jack said, they never stated that. The 2010-11 Annual Report is where it was mentioned about future spending. Here is a link to the full article of the report from City's website but below is a snipet of the subject you mention http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/November/MCFC-Annual-Report

In the report Chief Operating Officer Graham Wallace states: “Our losses, which we predicted as part of our accelerated investment strategy, will not be repeated on this scale in the future.

Alfie, as jack said, they never stated that. The 2010-11 Annual Report is where it was mentioned about future spending. Here is a link to the full article of the report from City's website but below is a snipet of the subject you mention http://www.mcfc.co.u...C-Annual-Report

In the report Chief Operating Officer Graham Wallace states: “Our losses, which we predicted as part of our accelerated investment strategy, will not be repeated on this scale in the future.

Are you only spending £150m in January then? Or will you go for £200m?

You up for some five a side then mrboj?

No word from Stevie yet....maybe he has an injury....most of the scousers seem to pick them up!

When i see you actually playing 5 a side pal Samui taxis will have turned their meters on.

In short Mrb, smokie will meet you in the bar! laugh.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

You up for some five a side then mrboj?

No word from Stevie yet....maybe he has an injury....most of the scousers seem to pick them up!

When i see you actually playing 5 a side pal Samui taxis will have turned their meters on.

In short Mrb, smokie will meet you in the bar! laugh.png

whistling.gif

rolleyes.gif Drats....my cover is blown....! clap2.gif

article-2226949-15D07630000005DC-489_634x840.jpg

Mario Balotelli has branded racists "stupid" and said nothing can be done to change their ways.

Manchester City's maverick striker has spoken out on racism as English football battles to preserve its image against a backdrop of racist allegations and episodes.

In a rare interview with Time Magazine, Balotelli, who suffered racist abuse while playing in Italy for Inter Milan, gave a withering verdict on those who discriminate because of skin colour.

"Racist people are few and you can do nothing against [to change] them," said Balotelli. You can talk, you can do what you want, but you can't do anything because they are just stupid people.

"When I wasn't famous, I had a lot of friends, almost all of them Italian," he says. "The racism only started when I started to play football."

But me, personally, I hope I can help Italy to be a modern country like England or America.

Balotelli spoke of his pride at seeing Barack Obama become the first black president of the US and said he hoped to meet him one day.

"I was really happy and I think it's something different," said Balotelli.

"I was really happy to see a black man be the chief [commander-in-chief]. I would like to meet him."

In the wide-ranging interview, Balotelli revealed he rarely leaves his Cheshire home and spoke fondly of City boss Roberto Mancini, with whom he worked at Inter.

"Now I don't go out," said Balotelli. "This year I don't go out, so it can rain as much as it wants, because I'm in the house!

"My relationship with Mancini is really important, He's known me since I was young and he's like a father to me.

"I used to play with the young children at Inter Milan, so I know him very well and I can tell him anything." blink.png

Edited by MrRed

Obviously lost in translation,what amazes me is why he is in the front of Time magazine? I mean what has he done especially in the USA to merit that!

I mean come on US election preview edition and who is on the front cover good old super mario!!

I must be missing something here

Obviously lost in translation,what amazes me is why he is in the front of Time magazine? I mean what has he done especially in the USA to merit that!

I mean come on US election preview edition and who is on the front cover good old super mario!!

Atleast i'm not the only!

Or he isn't as stupid as some believe

No i'm quite certain he is! In the context of the american election he probably thinks Barack Obama is a style of yoga

Edited by carmine

No i'm quite certain he is! In the context of the american election he probably thinks Barack Obama is a style of yoga

Well they say any publicity is better than no publicity. And I haven't seen Bales piccie anywhere other than Sheep Whistlers Weekly.

Well they say any publicity is better than no publicity. And I haven't seen Bales piccie anywhere other than Sheep Shaggers Weekly.

There tongue.png

Well they say any publicity is better than no publicity. And I haven't seen Bales piccie anywhere other than Sheep Whistlers Weekly.

Why is everyone always so unkind to gareth?

Did they not spend big in the past then ? 40.gif

there's a european edition of time and a US one. they usually have different covers. suspect that's the european one.

Put me right Mr B. I saw an interview tonight with Mancini who said he's been talking to 8 clubs. Did I misunderstand as I had a few people chatting at the same time in the background. Is he being strongly linked with Monaco or something and isn't he out of order if he's talking to other clubs? I may have got it completely wrong, so take it easy. wai.gif

He hasn;t been talking with those clubs recently Ups. It was before he signed his new contract in the summer. Bit of a non story me thinks.

Mancini is a smart guy.

My understanding is that he was approached by Monaco last season. He.spoke to them over a 5 month period of time. At that time, his contract at City was due to expire within a year. He was offered a deal by Monaco which would have made him the best paid manager in the world, after Gus Hiddink and Ancellotti. He turned down the deal, and signed a 5 yr contract with City. He has admitted talking with 7 or 8 teams last year, but has said he always wanted to stay at City and finish what he started.

I, personally do not have a problem. He has not lied. I dont blame him for talking to other clubs at that time, as he felt that his job was under threat and his contract was running out.

I think our owner rates Mancini highly. The one piece of our 'management' that was causing giant friction with Mancini, was Brian Marwood. Marwood has now been moved sideways into a position developing our Academy, whilst we have brought in the ex Barcelona Director of football to replace Marwood as our Director of football.

Gladioli is a cert at the end of the season Jack.

Perfectly good goal ruled out for the Hammers,you see BOJ Howard Webb has his favourites.

City going nowhere yesterday.

Grasping at straws there Red. It was nothing to do with Webb. I'm not sure if you know the rules or not but it was the assistant who ruled it, not Webb. He was off side anyhow but could have easily been give. I even took off my blue specs and checked the papers and non of them say he was definately on side.

City going nowhere yesterday.

Yep, agree. The Spammers looked totally happy with a point and at times had everyone behind the ball. Bad day at the office but still not lost in the league this season thus far.