What would you suggest for a single guy in his 50's

David48

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A long time expat who's a member here told me "You don't find them. They find you."

While my personal preference is to stay forever single, if I were looking I'd find reasons to meet as many gals as I could who work in banks, as nurses, teachers, etc.

2-1.jpg

I have seen some bad things from teachers

Got a ruler across your knuckles, did you 555?

not me but some of my friends that married thai teachers have a pretty rough row to hoe.

Huh, You are Thai bashing. It was your friends to blame. You cant blame Thai teachers, as they are perfect people. Huh, where are you "thialiketoo" help me out with this Thai basher.

A long time expat who's a member here told me "You don't find them. They find you."

While my personal preference is to stay forever single, if I were looking I'd find reasons to meet as many gals as I could who work in banks, as nurses, teachers, etc.

2-1.jpg

I have seen some bad things from teachers

Yes i would cross Teachers off the list also.

Use the interweb , you can cut through the dross and find some gooduns.

Did this 9 years ago and married 8 years now. Still see two other girls I met way back then who are now married also.

As a bonus the Wife has no parents which helps a lot here from some of what i read.

My suggestion

STAY AWAY FROM BANGKOK AND PATTAYA. I live in Pthum Thani and find that most of the women here are more centered and not interested in the fastlifestyle.

Then again if you are looking for a girl to date drop me a PM and we can talk have a few single friends that are looking for the right man.

• Like 1

Farmtown. Worked for me.

What, did you also marry a "MissFarmGirl" ?

Unlikely ... there is only one MissFarmGirl.

I have the original, so if two girls say they are MissFarmGirl ... one of them has to be wrong.

Sadly Munger, it's back of the detritus of Thailand for you.

Easy to spot from the BarStool where you live.

Stay singe and you will be a lot happier up to you

how can you possibly speak for others? I know plenty of guys who would feel exactly opposite to that

Who assigned you forum cop?

He's openly offering his opinion on the subject in general. I don't see nothing wrong at all in his advice. The OP and/or his friend can take it onboard or ignore it completely.

• Like 2

Yep, ask friends, who indeed are in long term relationships....

A friend of mine did that and still ended up gettin screwed. I went so far as to warn him from the beginning but he did not want to listen. Sad but true. He was in his fifties too.

Any suggestions for the member who is in his 50's, good shape and ok financially who wants to find a good wife for a long term relationship ?

This has disaster written all over it.

Coming to Thai Visa for marital advice is like asking the captain of the Costa Concordia for some tips on navigation.

Are you suggesting that the member look for Thai Cabin Crew?

Certainly, you can go the easy way and find a lady of negotiable virtue; there are plenty available, you may be lucky and find a good one. Or, you could simply do it the old fashioned way. Stay out of the bars, go places to meet normal women; depending upon your age preference; frequent shopping malls, gyms, universities, hospitals, office buildings, etc., where there are coffee shops. Make eye contact, ask for assistance finding a good restaurant, a store, a movie theater, a tourist attraction, etc., strike up a conversation. You will find women who simply are willing to speak English. A friend of mine found his lady love at a gas station, not pumping gas, but getting her car filled; he simply asked directions to a local restaurant. They struck up a conversation and . . . the key is to stay put there and keep looking.

• Like 1

ask local married farang their wives are likely to have single/divorced/widowed friends looking to meet someone. and if they are good guys they will have heard all the gossip and steer you away from the lunatics

My gf can find you a girl of any age you require.

The usual deal she makes with the girl is 10% of the take.

From what I have seen, it isn't an unusual deal.

Beware of good guys and their Thai wife, they all get a cut.

• Like 1