Triumph bikes in Thailand

DILLIGAD

I was not feeling bored on my good selling cbr650f at buriram track this weekend actually.

I think some people have misconceptions about fun or boredom.

It is what you make of it guys! And honda current line up here is ready to do what you want to make of them for a lot less than othersa and with a lot more reliabilty, cheap service and service centers etc.

That is why honda again rules on sales and ducati suffers. Clearly people dont find scrambler and some others models that exciting!

Triumph did a good job though. But their sales will saturate one the low price hype is over. Also its service is very expensive people say.

And a honda is boring but a 60 years old 230 kg underpowered triumph boneville is not? I juat laugh at this.

Good for you that you enjoy your cbr650.

I expected a post like that from you since you only owned Honda's during your short time as a big bike owner and anything not Honda is not really for you, is it?

When I saw the price for the Bonneville's I was stunned, I always admired them when I seen them and the owners seems to love them very much.

67hp 865cc 225kg & aircooled, sure you can buy more bang for your buck elsewhere but who said I wants most bang for my buck??, or the Triple perhaps that can run in circles around the cbr650.

Well you can laugh as much as you like, I don't need your advise regarding what bike to buy and I am not obsessed by HP anymore since I am a grown up man now and rather take it easy out on the roads and come home in one piece.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You meet the nicest people on a Honda - the old ads said.

Times have changed.

Times have changed.

seems to be you meet the biggest tw.ts on a honda, still a catchy slogan

where the words end and attacks begin. as usual and same guys. nothing to say but bs.

why dont you use ignore function?

sorry guys but i dont think so you understand anything about bikes.

yeah, classic 'old farts on scooteers syndrome' if they are not on bar stools of course:)

so biggest &lt;deleted&gt; and squids are found on bar stools talking from there about bikes and calling names from their old pink fat a...s...s...e...s.

Edited by ll2

I was not feeling bored on my good selling cbr650f at buriram track this weekend actually.

I think some people have misconceptions about fun or boredom.

It is what you make of it guys! And honda current line up here is ready to do what you want to make of them for a lot less than othersa and with a lot more reliabilty, cheap service and service centers etc.

That is why honda again rules on sales and ducati suffers. Clearly people dont find scrambler and some others models that exciting!

Triumph did a good job though. But their sales will saturate one the low price hype is over. Also its service is very expensive people say.

And a honda is boring but a 60 years old 230 kg underpowered triumph boneville is not? I juat laugh at this.

Good for you that you enjoy your cbr650.

I expected a post like that from you since you only owned Honda's during your short time as a big bike owner and anything not Honda is not really for you, is it?

When I saw the price for the Bonneville's I was stunned, I always admired them when I seen them and the owners seems to love them very much.

67hp 865cc 225kg & aircooled, sure you can buy more bang for your buck elsewhere but who said I wants most bang for my buck??, or the Triple perhaps that can run in circles around the cbr650.

Well you can laugh as much as you like, I don't need your advise regarding what bike to buy and I am not obsessed by HP anymore since I am a grown up man now and rather take it easy out on the roads and come home in one piece.

short time?

what do you know about me guzzi? so you are also from the same barricade of people assuming and talking from their a...s..s..e..s? and attacking people just bc they dont like the idea?

i owned many bikes and many brands in my riding life, before thailand guzzi.

but of course for you bonneville has a great performance. possibly your capability level is just fit with it if not overwhelming you:)

and i am not giving you any advice too:) funny. each on his own. go buy what you want but know how to respect others and their ideas.

yep, bonneville might be enough for you but for some it is a collectible heavy iron classic bike. just bc it is enough for you it does not mean it is a superb bike!

What makes you think my post was directed at you ?

It was an attempt to inject some humour into a topic.

I notice that this happens more and more.

c'mon. you attack someone and once get slapped on the face, then you start crying like 'oh, i was just injecting some humour' you throw this to hens man and i notice this happens more and more too.

you might not be so bright maybe but not everyone is same here.

it looks like some people are pissed on honda's leading sales.

and poor ducatis with lots of character, they lost all their sales to 'boring' honda and triumph with clever price adjustment:)

hard days wait for ducati especially after triumph's mean coming. poor scrambler sales too as they send me an sms everyday if i would like to buy one!

How did I attack you. I never quoted your post, so this is an assumption you are making.

And like most assumptions people make, it is wrong.

If you want to get all offended, I can do nothing about that. You take this on yourself.

Why are Honda bikes so popular ? Mostly because they are inexpensive.

All bikes are built to a price point, you do not get Brembo brakes and Ohlins suspension on a 300,000 baht bike.

Edited by seedy

c'mon. you attack someone and once get slapped on the face, then you start crying like 'oh, i was just injecting some humour' you throw this to hens man and i notice this happens more and more too.

and poor ducatis with lots of character, they lost all their sales to 'boring' honda and triumph with clever price adjustment:)

hard days wait for ducati especially after triumph's mean coming. poor scrambler sales too as they send me an sms everyday if i would like to buy one!

Seems like that rock solid CB'r'650 is developing a bit of soul/character, ending up in the back of a pickup due to a bit of dirt on the radiator. She seems a bit sensitive. I thought the upside of boring, low spec "value for money" was durability and reliability?

Just kidding ll2, I enjoy most of your posts but if you dish it out to all the other brands that people enjoy then you have to accept that most people will come back at you sooner or later :)

short time?

what do you know about me guzzi? so you are also from the same barricade of people assuming and talking from their a...s..s..e..s? and attacking people just bc they dont like the idea?

i owned many bikes and many brands in my riding life, before thailand guzzi.

but of course for you bonneville has a great performance. possibly your capability level is just fit with it if not overwhelming you:)

and i am not giving you any advice too:) funny. each on his own. go buy what you want but know how to respect others and their ideas.

yep, bonneville might be enough for you but for some it is a collectible heavy iron classic bike. just bc it is enough for you it does not mean it is a superb bike!

You are right, my bike riding capabilities are not as good as it once were (it's called getting old) since I am over 50 now. There is a reason that professional bike/car riders/drivers retire at 35-40 tops, they can't keep up with the young guns anymore and are left out in the cold.

I respect all bike riders no matter what they ride, you are the one getting angry just because I call Honda bikes offered for sale here boring to look at, I didn't say they are boring to ride.

The Bonnie is considered a superb bike II2, all reviews prase it for what it is, a retro naked bike. look at the triumph forums, the owners generally loves them very much and some have even done a iron butt on them (1000 miles in less than 24 hours), not bad eh. The engine can go over 100k miles without any problems and many owners do their own maintanence because it's a simple motor.

I bet the bonnies sells better world wide than the cb & cbr 650 range and will keep doing so, because many bikers (like me) just love a bike like that and sales no's don't lie, if so many buys them there must be something good about them.

Triumphs biggest sale year ever was like 50,000 bikes they're a pimple on hondas ass

That would be relevant to me if I was a shareholder in Honda. As a consumer/enthusiast the profits of Honda mean absolutely nothing to me. I care only about the enjoyment the bike gives me.

Does anyone really buy motorbikes based on the profits of the company they are buying from? Weird...

Triumphs biggest sale year ever was like 50,000 bikes they're a pimple on hondas ass

That would be relevant to me if I was a shareholder in Honda. As a consumer/enthusiast the profits of Honda mean absolutely nothing to me. I care only about the enjoyment the bike gives me.

Does anyone really buy motorbikes based on the profits of the company they are buying from? Weird...

Sales /= profits!

I'm sure that the scooters don't have nearly the same margin for Honda that big bikes do for companies. Granted, the sheer volume of those sold equals quite a bit of money, but to worry about Honda selling millions of scooters compared to another manufacturer selling 'real' motorcycles seems odd.

I think people should buy what they like. It could be a benelli,buell or whatever. The comment is only in response to those talking about how great triumph sales are or aren't.

Times have changed.

seems to be you meet the biggest tw.ts on a honda, still a catchy slogan

Just wait until my new one piece leather racing suit is finished - color matched to my pink and white Hello Kitty Scoopy ! Fit some wide whitewall Pirellis and I am good to go !

Then you will see what a Honda rider can do at Buriram ! May have to sell my red PCX !

^ you should keep the PCX because you can fit the one-piece under the seat when you're not wearing it ...

Why would he not be wearing it.....besides they frown on nudity in Thailand?

During shopping?

Yes, what a disgusting thought, shame on you BKKBike09

Glad you enjoyed your time at Buriram, LL2. It's pointless comparing 2 different kinds of bikes IMO. I've had allsorts of bikes Sports/commuter & Retro and have to say, I had the most enjoyment riding a Bonnie. That's not because it was the fastest or best handling, it's just about an individual's enjoyment and maybe I'll see you one day at Buriram enjoying riding your bike.

Seems like that rock solid CB'r'650 is developing a bit of soul/character, ending up in the back of a pickup due to a bit of dirt on the radiator. She seems a bit sensitive. I thought the upside of boring, low spec "value for money" was durability and reliability?

Just kidding ll2, I enjoy most of your posts but if you dish it out to all the other brands that people enjoy then you have to accept that most people will come back at you sooner or later smile.png

well jonny. dirt in the radiator is not a concern. no one can predict concrete in it.

it is still better than many non working panigales at the track day! a buddy of mine just bought a cbr1000rr next to his 1.5 million baht panigale as it is always creating problems for him. this time it did not even work. so he use his honda as back up bike - now as primary bike. bc he says honda never breaks down.

and dish out what? we are just talking about sales numbers here which are solid facts jonny.

here what i am seeing is poor sales of those characterful ducatis although you guys say thai people like bikes with character. dont know why this pisses people?

and when you mention this fact, people start to speak like 'oh, that is a boring bike and cheap' without even riding one!

just cannot stand a bunch of guys with wrong assumptions or dont know what they are talking about or assuming things about others.

some of us ride our bikes everywhere and everyday too, unlike some keeping their expensive ducatis or agustas as weekend toys to go to starbucks or ride a mere 60 km:)

just different levels of motorcycling jonny.

maybe some does not want to accept the fact that a cheap honda can generate a lot of fun. and expensive bike does not necessarily and automatically means fun. you have to know how to get the fun out of it. fun is in the eye of the beholder and depends on the rider. if you are a squid, you are a squid on a ducati or honda. bikes are just tools at very foundation.

if you feel superior just bc you ride 750 k ducati and if you think it is never boring bc it is an expensive duc, you are thinking wrong.

moreover there are other things apart from fun in motorcycling as well.

Edited by ll2

Glad you enjoyed your time at Buriram, LL2. It's pointless comparing 2 different kinds of bikes IMO. I've had allsorts of bikes Sports/commuter & Retro and have to say, I had the most enjoyment riding a Bonnie. That's not because it was the fastest or best handling, it's just about an individual's enjoyment and maybe I'll see you one day at Buriram enjoying riding your bike.

bonneville is a cool retro looking bike. sure loved by their owners around the world. it moves around nicely with a classic aura.

but does these facts make a honda boring dilligad honestly?

How did I attack you. I never quoted your post, so this is an assumption you are making.

And like most assumptions people make, it is wrong.

If you want to get all offended, I can do nothing about that. You take this on yourself.

Why are Honda bikes so popular ? Mostly because they are inexpensive.

All bikes are built to a price point, you do not get Brembo brakes and Ohlins suspension on a 300,000 baht bike.

man just i dont understand.

you can always use ignore function of you dont like my posts. this tells a lot about you and your poker friend.

just have some character guys, it feels like you have hate/love relationship with me:)

And honda is mostly more expensive than other japanese bikes around the world too still best seller.

just have some character guys, it feels like you have hate/love relationship with me:)

Just having fun. Love/Hate - can't be bothered. Life is too short. I poke fun on lots of my posts, not directed at anybody.

Was my Hello Kitty Pink and White Scoopy aimed at anyone - only myself. Only injecting some humor.

I own nothing pink but my butt. And my one - eyed friend.

But anyone posting erroneous info on a public internet forum better be ready to be challenged. I know I have many times, most recently by Dave Boo. I saw the error in my post and apologized immediately - because he posted about my error in a polite and respectful manner.

Life is like a mirror in many ways - what you see reflected is what you project.

Just kidding ll2, I enjoy most of your posts but if you dish it out to all the other brands that people enjoy then you have to accept that most people will come back at you sooner or later smile.png

well jonny. dirt in the radiator is not a concern. no one can predict concrete in it.

it is still better than many non working panigales at the track day! a buddy of mine just bought a cbr1000rr next to his 1.5 million baht panigale as it is always creating problems for him. this time it did not even work. so he use his honda as back up bike - now as primary bike. bc he says honda never breaks down.

and dish out what? we are just talking about sales numbers here which are solid facts jonny.

here what i am seeing is poor sales of those characterful ducatis although you guys say thai people like bikes with character. dont know why this pisses people?

and when you mention this fact, people start to speak like 'oh, that is a boring bike and cheap' without even riding one!

just cannot stand a bunch of guys with wrong assumptions or dont know what they are talking about or assuming things about others.

some of us ride our bikes everywhere and everyday too, unlike some keeping their expensive ducatis or agustas as weekend toys to go to starbucks or ride a mere 60 km:)

maybe some does not want to accept the fact that a cheap honda can generate a lot of fun. and expensive bike does not necessarily and automatically means fun. you have to know how to get the fun out of it. fun is in the eye of the beholder and depends on the rider. if you are a squid, you are a squid on a ducati or honda. bikes are just tools at very foundation.

if you feel superior just bc you ride 750 k ducati and if you think it is never boring bc it is an expensive duc, you are thinking wrong.

Nothing about feeling superior, I love riding all bikes and often ride a 7 year old KSR110 around Bangkok. I just thought it was a bit ironic that you invade every non Honda thread to put down the other brands and 'big up' Honda, and yet your trusty Honda couldn't survive a track day tongue.png

And I'm not sure about this cliche about Ducati riders going to Starbucks either. Never ridden any bike there in my life and I've put 3100 kms on my 899 since I bought it less than 3 months ago. Never talked about the bike having soul or character either. Maybe better save those preconceived ideas for someone else?

I quite like the CBR650 range and was considering one briefly but I felt I'd get bored of it quite quickly. It seems you're already pretty keen to upgrade to the CBR1000RR which kind of backs up that theory. Hopefully Honda will upgrade the CBR1000RR to have a similar power/electronics package as the leaders in that class, then I might be on a Honda in 2016 same as you. If I do choose a Honda for my next bike, I won't immediately start running down all the other brands though wink.png

Nothing about feeling superior, I love riding all bikes and often ride a 7 year old KSR110 around Bangkok. I just thought it was a bit ironic that you invade every non Honda thread to put down the other brands and 'big up' Honda, and yet your trusty Honda couldn't survive a track day tongue.png

And I'm not sure about this cliche about Ducati riders going to Starbucks either. Never ridden any bike there in my life and I've put 3100 kms on my 899 since I bought it less than 3 months ago. Never talked about the bike having soul or character either. Maybe better save those preconceived ideas for someone else?

I quite like the CBR650 range and was considering one briefly but I felt I'd get bored of it quite quickly. It seems you're already pretty keen to upgrade to the CBR1000RR which kind of backs up that theory. Hopefully Honda will upgrade the CBR1000RR to have a similar power/electronics package as the leaders in that class, then I might be on a Honda in 2016 same as you. If I do choose a Honda for my next bike, I won't immediately start running down all the other brands though wink.png

Where i am running down on other brands?

Or are others running down a particular brand or country of origin?

C'mon jonny. We aint no kids man.

I believe this discussion is originated due to hondas superiority on sales and some pissed including you, no?

Edited by ll2

Back on topic.

After having a Kawasaki, Yamaha and Ducati dealer in Korat. Anyone know if Triumph may set up shop there?

I would certainly buy another Street Triple R at the right price.

If all else fails, Khon Kaen has a dealership if you don't want to venture into BKK, maybe closer too. About 190 clicks I think, 2 and a bit hours, or an hour by Triumph Triple.....

my honda survived many track days but what about your ducati 899, ever been on a track or get close to one?whistling.gif

or if your bike gets broken, do you share it with us with an open hearth like how your 750 k thb luxury bike broke down?

moreover, it is my fault on possibly not removing the radiator to clean before the track day, lazy to do that.

and you are the one running down on other brands just by saying honda sells more because there are cheap and made for profit and they are boring etc jonny, no one is running down on other brands.

and anyway, honda arranged a free tow truck and drove my bike and me back home at the end and did not left me high and dry in the middle of Buri Ram on a long weekend holiday.

and fixed the bike for free.

bonneville is a cool retro looking bike. sure loved by their owners around the world. it moves around nicely with a classic aura.

but does these facts make a honda boring dilligad honestly?

Sorry for delay in replying. I have been touring Cambodia on my Japanese Bike, which is a irrelevant as commenting weather Bonnie"s make any other make boring.

Let's stay on topic, guys.