Bangla Road's bars on the 5th of December

sawadeeka

It may not be law but the bars will be "expected" to close, as in every year of the previous 8 that i've been here.

From the OP: "there would be no booze ban on December 5, nor even any “request” to shops, bars, restaurants and wholesalers not to sell alcohol on the day."

I hope you're right, stevenl, but we'll see.....

But surely Jimbo as you implied on the other thread you will be closed as a mark of respect no?

Could you please tell if bars on Bangla Road will be closed or will not sell alcohol this friday? I don't know how it was before on 5th of December on previous years since I like to party on Fridays and it was not on Fridays. I have a friend visiting and wonder if any bars will be open in Bangla...

How was last night?

Gee you lot down south seem like a grouchy lot. No such problems in Pattaya with everyone just getting on with life and enjoying ourselves and very little bickering among members. No confusion over whether bars open or not. Go Gos were closed and live music toned down out of respect for the King but most bars open. Even the Hare Krishna celebrated with a very colourful parade down Second Rd. Enjoy.

Gee you lot down south seem like a grouchy lot. No such problems in Pattaya with everyone just getting on with life and enjoying ourselves and very little bickering among members. No confusion over whether bars open or not. Go Gos were closed and live music toned down out of respect for the King but most bars open. Even the Hare Krishna celebrated with a very colourful parade down Second Rd. Enjoy.

But you're so bored you go down to the Phuket forum to complain about it.

• Like 2

Most of the bars were closed yesterday or didn't sell alco on Bangla Road. Still had good time wth mango shakes and live music.

Today gonna be another round:) and hopefully those handsome aussie dudes will be more happy.

I'm gonna rock tonight!!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app