Al-Qaeda chief Adnan el Shukrijumah 'killed in Pakistan'

Lite Beer

Al-Qaeda chief Adnan el Shukrijumah 'killed in Pakistan'

A senior al-Qaeda militant, accused of planning to bomb trains in New York and London, has been killed in Pakistan, the country's military says.

Adnan el Shukrijumah was killed in a raid in north-western Pakistan, near the Afghan border, the military said.

The FBI describes him as al-Qaeda's global operations chief, a post once held by the alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

Shukrijumah was born in Saudi Arabia and lived for several years in the US.

He was named in a US federal indictment as a conspirator in the case against three men accused of plotting suicide bomb attacks on New York's subway system in 2009.

He is also suspected of having played a role in plotting al-Qaeda attacks in Panama, Norway and the UK.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30358538

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-12-06

the number of al-Qaeda chiefs killed over the years clearly indicates "more Chiefs than Injuns" coffee1.gif

Nope, they're just the ones getting the headlines. From the linked article:

Pakistan's military said two other militants were killed in the raid on Saturday.

Some day the West will release they have been in a holy/religious war for a long time. The nonsensical notion that denying this is true makes it so is deeply troubling. By definition alone this is a religious war; it is not necessary for the attacked to state the same motive.

• Like 1

the number of al-Qaeda chiefs killed over the years clearly indicates "more Chiefs than Injuns" coffee1.gif

Pakistan's military said two other militants were killed in the raid on Saturday.

does that mean you find the ratio 1 chief : 2 injuns acceptable?

Never mind all the women and children, of which there have been hundreds. They are compassionately called "the collateral damage".

• Like 1

Never mind all the women and children, of which there have been hundreds. They are compassionately called "the collateral damage".

Yes, and the more Al Quaeda operatives get killed, the less innocent women and children will be killed by those same Al Quaeda militants.

• Like 1

Yes, and the more Al Quaeda operatives get killed, the less innocent women and children will be killed by those same Al Quaeda militants.

You don't need to rationalize why you support killing innocent women and children for my benefit. If it helps you live with yourself then by all means carry on.

• Like 2

You don't need to rationalize why you support killing innocent women and children for my benefit. If it helps you live with yourself then by all means carry on.

words of wisdom!

80-90% of those killed and harmed by terrorist militants are civilians. If misrepresenting facts allows you to maintain your false narrative, then by all means, carry on.

I'm not sure if your figures are correct but I'll grant you that they are. It's horrific, I think we might agree on that. Emulating that strategy, which exacerbates the problems, when we know there are countless thousands standing ready to take the place of those we may kill seems like a shortsighted strategy to me.

Of course the death of innocents at the hands of Islamic terrorists is horrific - what would you think if you know that US drone attacks result in significantly reducing the deaths of civilians that usually happen at the hands of terrorists.

In fact, your myth of 'countless thousands standing ready' is just that, a myth. The countless thousands standing ready are those ready to inform on terrorist militants, or those working together to defame and ridicule Islamic fanatics like ISIL. You are repeating propaganda by Islamic militants who would WANT this to be true, and who depend on westerns tools to believe them.

Same with Hamas who indiscriminately kill and execute their own people, and then turn around and blame those deaths on Israel. The jig is up for Islamic propaganda.

It was meant as an example for your original statement being hyperbole.

Not being one to assume that details on the outcomes of one attack represent an overall ratio, I find your question to be

meaningless.

80-90% of those killed and harmed by terrorist militants are civilians. If misrepresenting facts allows you to maintain your false narrative, then by all means, carry on.

I'm not sure if your figures are correct but I'll grant you that they are. It's horrific, I think we might agree on that. Emulating that strategy, which exacerbates the problems, when we know there are countless thousands standing ready to take the place of those we may kill seems like a shortsighted strategy to me.

Any alternative strategies? Realistic ones, that is.

Any alternative strategies? Realistic ones, that is.

I've already suggested the drone initiative - respond to one suggestion at a time. It's very realistic, as surgical drone usage is currently being employed, and has been shown to dramatically lower casualty rates.