UK pensions-life certificate

Just now, transam said:

Remove your name etc and post it...I would like to talk to the person that signed it's name for a chat...

5 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Under UK law the basic state pension is a benefit.

Signing the document without the presence of the person cannot be an oversight. The countersignature is to witness the signature and confirm identity

<deleted>...... do some groundwork...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/11194265/State-pension-is-not-a-benefit-says-minister.html

• Like 1

This all getting a bit silly now, here is some facts.

Way back the first life form I received was 4 weeks after posting in UK I telephoned the IPC and told them a week later saying I was posting back the form that day and have no idea when they will receive it, they said don't worry we're aware of postal delays .

The four items that have been referred to that must be seen by witness must be on a newer form because the one I have does not state that.

The form just writes down proof of ID to be showed is one of the following showing your photo:- Passport -- ID Card -- Driving licence,  what I showed was my Thai DL.

People who I have signed for sent photocopy of their passport and I just filled out the back with my details and their passport issue detail and number, left date for them to put.

In stamp box I just write I have no stamp etc and my telephone number. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

This all getting a bit silly now, here is some facts.

Way back the first life form I received was 4 weeks after posting in UK I telephoned the IPC and told them a week later saying I was posting back the form that day and have no idea when they will receive it, they said don't worry we're aware of postal delays .

The four items that have been referred to that must be seen by witness must be on a newer form because the one I have does not state that.

The form just writes down proof of ID to be showed is one of the following showing your photo:- Passport -- ID Card -- Driving licence,  what I showed was my Thai DL.

People who I have signed for sent photocopy of their passport and I just filled out the back with my details and their passport issue detail and number, left date for them to put.

In stamp box I just write I have no stamp etc and my telephone number. 

Sounds good.

I just add my passport number..... not necessary, but I do it ..

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So how does the pension provider KNOW who was there at the time if they are in the UK and we are in Thailand?

Save   your breath Bill ?

The forms come back signed, a box gets ticked and the pension payments continue.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, billd766 said:

So how does the pension provider KNOW who was there at the time if they are in the UK and we are in Thailand?

They don't, but the witness signed declaration says..

"I certify that this declaration was signed in front of me by the person whom l believe to be the person named on this form"..Plus they have to look at an item brought by the guy to back up who he is.

They sign to that fact, if they were not present then the witness is being naughty.

After all a dead blokes pension could still be paid by fraudulent witness certification..

1 hour ago, transam said:

They don't, but the witness signed declaration says..

"I certify that this declaration was signed in front of me by the person whom l believe to be the person named on this form"..Plus they have to look at an item brought by the guy to back up who he is.

They sign to that fact, if they were not present then the witness is being naughty.

After all a dead blokes pension could still be paid by fraudulent witness certification..

"Naughty" ?

How quaint.

I have never certified a dead person (and I am certain Kwasaki hasn't)..... what a ridiculous idea.

Helping to ensure expats receive their pension, uninterrupted, is the objective.

You know little about the death process in Thailand if you think that DWP continue to pay a pension to a deceased expat. It would be unusual for that to happen; in all bereavement situations I have been involved in (many) there has never been more than one month overpayment of state pension. Perhaps DWP just have a sixth sense about deaths......... or maybe there is a process ...... the life certificate is a 'catch all' back up to that.

Edited by Jip99
2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Like you buddy I have never lied in my life but myself in this case I make an exception. ?

I certify that this declaration was signed by someone I'm just helping out and believe to be the person named on this form who cannot find a person who will sign the bloody form.  ?

Thailand reports dead UK citizens and IPC is informed of this. 

I haven't had a life form for over 3 years. 

You can have one of my two life forms if you like.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Like you buddy I have never lied in my life but myself in this case I make an exception. ?

I certify that this declaration was signed by someone I'm just helping out and believe to be the person named on this form who cannot find a person who will sign the bloody form.  ?

Thailand reports dead UK citizens and IPC is informed of this. 

I haven't had a life form for over 3 years. 

Blimey, they keep sending them to me...?.....and I don't even own a Ford....?

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Blimey, they keep sending them to me...?.....and I don't even own a Ford....?

There well their you go I lied and said I had a Aston Martin, you must maintain your English stance.   ?                            

• Haha 2

To add fuel to the fire the lawyer that witnessed mine insisted it be signed in front of them and dated the same date has her witnessing it. She also took photo copies of my passport and completed Life Certificate. She even gave me a receipt for the 2000 baht I shelled out for her witnessing it. I told her they never check but she said they might do and that is why she has taken copies of everything.

Edited by khastan
  • Like 2

I have spent some time going through this thread, it would appear that the 20 + years I spent as a civil servant weren't totally wasted, I wasn't a career CS and achieved the dizzy heights of E1 :biggrin:

But according to the list of accepted occupations is serving or retired Civil Servant (permanent) I can sign your form for you and annotate with my staff number, they could check that quite easily, so for the price of a large Leo I will do your form if you live in Pattaya or surrounding area, I don't however have a rubber stamp, and if anyone is unsure if I can or cannot sign I feel sure a quick call to the DWP should confirm that a 20 + years service as an E1 will be accepted. :thumbsup:

PM me if interested ?

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, khastan said:

To add fuel to the fire the lawyer that witnessed mine insisted it be signed in front of them and dated the same date has her witnessing it. She also took photo copies of my passport and completed Life Certificate. She even gave me a receipt for the 2000 baht I shelled out for her witnessing it. I told her they never check but she said they might do and that is why she has taken copies of everything.

Lawyer Thai would be the worst to go to they only want money. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
On 1/7/2015 at 6:38 PM, evadgib said:

Re the Petition about election votes in the pinned topic at the top of the page; In order to instill a little more enthusiasm can I suggest anyone that fits the profile of suitable signatories in this thread refrains from doing so (within reason) until claimants have added their support? Less than 2000 of the 500k that are affected globally by this fiasco have done so to date which frankly renders it doomed to failure, which is exactly what HMRC/Govt are banking (if you'll pardon the pun) on.

Link to Petition: https://www.change.org/p/end-pension-freezing?lang=en-GB

Having read the briefing papers, I'd say there is little point in continuing to campaign for an uprating.  Successive governments have all come to the same conclusion, and numerous courts decided that their actions are entirely lawful.  If it ever was going to be changed, then that change would have taken place when the new state pension was introduced, and probably would not have been applied to the old state pension anyway imo.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, khastan said:

Yes I fully agree with you but the only reason I went to a Thai lawyer is because after the bank manager refused to witness she told my missus she has to go to a lawyer and recommended the one I used.

Yeah I understand I've been here a while.

The Lawyer right so 1000 for me and 1000 for my bank manager friend. ?

21 hours ago, khastan said:

A lawyer with a bit of savvy....No comebacks.....

My friend does mine and looks at my PP and inserts my PP number on the page he fills in...No comebacks...?

10 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Having read the briefing papers, I'd say there is little point in continuing to campaign for an uprating.  Successive governments have all come to the same conclusion, and numerous courts decided that their actions are entirely lawful.  If it ever was going to be changed, then that change would have taken place when the new state pension was introduced, and probably would not have been applied to the old state pension anyway imo.

Totally agree it will all die out along with the pensioners, I knew my UK pension would be frozen.

UK gov pensions are getting further away in time I think my youngest son is goner be 70 before he gets his, so private pensions are playing a bigger part in the future, or it's social security payments and you can't get them abroad.