What drink/brands in Thailand are 'good' for your health?

simon43

I too went on a soy milk kick. Then I found out that soy milk is loaded with estrogen and it makes you grow tits. Is there nothing that is truly good for you?

Having a glass of soy milk each day will not make you grow tits.

99% of soy is GMO .... same as corn .... just dont consume it ...

So what? GMO does not always correlate to unhealthy.

See? The GM enhancements have dulled your critical faculties, so you've stopped paying attention to scare campaigns. The fact that you don't believe what I'm saying—is the proof that it's true.

You may consider

- Fresh Palm juice : especially known to fight toxins brought by pollution

- Kathiop or hibiscus juice / tea ,it's dark red and you find it everywhere (mosly with sugar unfortuanately )now just been in season you can find it fresh, it's one the highest anti oxidant drink and here it's cheap as chips

- bai bua bok or pennywort juice, the dark green juice sold in most places and often without sugar: really good for improve skin health, heal duodenal and gastric ulcers, Minimize varicose veins and hemorrhoids, boost memory and counteract Alzheimer's disease and more.

- Bai Yanang same color rarely contains sugar it has been used as an herbal medicine for fever relief, alcohol intoxication, anti-inflamation, antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-bacterial. Yanang leaves contain polyphenols, flavenoids, alkaloids, B-carotene and minerals such as calcium and iron.

- Chrysanthemum tea ; the pale yellow one, often with sugar , good for influenza, fever, skin etc

• Like 1

I was drinking way too many soft drinks and it was showing. My problem is I like beverages with distinctive flavors. I now make weekly batches of cold tea and store it in old Pepsi bottles, keeping them cold in the fridge.

There are usually a good variety of teas in Indian grocery stores and I can buy different blends so I can make a variety of different tasting teas. Thailand also has the locally grown "Number One Brand" in large, red square cans and smaller cylindrical cans; available everywhere and reasonably priced. It's a very red tea and is often used in Thai Milk Tea..Cha Thai Yen.

For variety, I like adding other distinctive flavors such as clove, cinnamon, orange peal, ginger or fresh mint. Sometimes I'll buy different herbal teas and blend them in.

I make it a point not to make the tea too strong or bitter so I don't need sugar to improve the taste. Steeping tea for too long, more than 3 minutes can make it bitter. I usually use less than the recommended tea/water blend to get a milder, less tannic tea.

Even in standard teas there seems to be minimal caffeine, some really hot days I may drink more than a litre but don't notice any increased jumpiness or difficulty sleeping.

Sometimes, at dinnertime I will add a little lemon or lime juice to add to the astringency... great with food.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

^^^ Just begun experimenting with cold-brewed tea. Only made two batches so far, but very happy with the results as there is less of the bitter tannins - websites I have checked suggestcold brewed has fewer of the health benefits, but not significantly so. Ergo, 1 to 2 litres a day should be acceptable.

As I said, only two batches so far - the first was tea (green tea) bags with a 2 inch chunk of dried pineapple, left 12 hours in the fridge. Drunk next day with a squeeze of lime juice (bottled is ok) - very tasty. Second brew was loose leaf black tea with a wedge of dried mango. Again very tasty. Adding the dried fruit makes it nicer, but I'm not sure about the sugar content.

BTW, my cardiologist has told me to drink two cups of coffee a day, morning and evening.

You may consider

- Fresh Palm juice : especially known to fight toxins brought by pollution

- Kathiop or hibiscus juice / tea ,it's dark red and you find it everywhere (mosly with sugar unfortuanately )now just been in season you can find it fresh, it's one the highest anti oxidant drink and here it's cheap as chips

- bai bua bok or pennywort juice, the dark green juice sold in most places and often without sugar: really good for improve skin health, heal duodenal and gastric ulcers, Minimize varicose veins and hemorrhoids, boost memory and counteract Alzheimer's disease and more.

- Bai Yanang same color rarely contains sugar it has been used as an herbal medicine for fever relief, alcohol intoxication, anti-inflamation, antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-bacterial. Yanang leaves contain polyphenols, flavenoids, alkaloids, B-carotene and minerals such as calcium and iron.

- Chrysanthemum tea ; the pale yellow one, often with sugar , good for influenza, fever, skin etc

GF makes/sells Pennywort and Bai Yanang juice fresh daily. Just search on google "pennywort juice chiang mai" and/or "bai yanang juice chiang mai" - her website comes up easily.

Doug