Cd Rom Drawer Keeps Opening..

Rimmer

The CD Rom drawer on the GFs confuser keeps opening for no apparant reason. It stays open until you manually close it then 2 minutes later it opens again. Any ideas at all?

I have run all the usual programs such as Spybot, Spyware Blaster and Adaware also Avast thinking it might be a trojan or such but nothing.

Edited by Rimmer

The CD Rom drawer on the GFs confuser keeps opening for no apparant reason. It stays open until you manually close it then 2 minutes later it opens again. Any ideas at all?

I have run all the usual programs such as Spybot, Spyware Blaster and Adawar also Avast thinking it might be a trojan or such but nothing.

maybe the button stuck!!

It could be as simple as mechanical alignment with the unit being too close to the front panel button. If a slight touch on eject button opens it this may be the cause and opening case and loosen holding screws enough to move back a bit could fix it.

I also had the same problem. It just started out of the blue for no apparent reason, and I did the same things you did. I finally just put my finger on the tray to keep it from opening. It hasn't done it again since, and there are no problems with using it normally. Go figure.

I had same problem, eventually the drive gave up altogether. - Solly!! :D

Slight Highjack:-

Sometimes I notice that the CD drive activates for no reason – light flashing – It can happen while I am doing something else completely or just surfing the Net – it activates for no reason – What is going on? :o

Beachcomber