Speeding Lamborghini hits 2, knocks out traffic light in Bangkok

webfact

Among 363 Lambos there must be a few orange ones for sure...

Orange and no plates?

Orange and no plates, in Bangkok, that particular model, with young male driver repeatedly seen zipping in and out of cars at breakneck speed. Not a needle in a hay stack, but more like standing out like a pink bentley. Anyway, a shame people at the scene didn't pull him and out beat him to a pulp, like they did on former miss thailand's son after he crashed into innocent people, then got away with it. This boy might be a goner upon impact had he not been in such a protective car.

Edited by gemini81

Gerry1011, how did you get those figures?

The Porches and Jaguars are fair enough, but that many Lambos??...and Ferrari's for that matter.

Plenty of rich there I suppose.

From an article published in the English newspaper that we cannot quote...

I was more surprised by the number of Porsches. That is quite a large number...

I read about a similar accident in Phuket, with the Isuzu of a British guy that was not found at the scene... That particular case will certainly attract less comments than this one. Many people seem a bit envious of the driver (not the British Isuzu one, the Thai Lambo one) :)

Edited by gerry1011

Gerry1011, how did you get those figures?

The Porches and Jaguars are fair enough, but that many Lambos??...and Ferrari's for that matter.

Plenty of rich there I suppose.

Just to give some sort of idea go to one2car.com Thai Tents car sales

Lambos there are 75. 2nd hand ones For Sale

The lot cheaper supercar Ferrari there are 39. 2nd hand ones For Sale

on the other hand Jags that do not come in this supercar bracket there are also 75. 2nd hand ones For Sale a number of these are the old XJ

​as for Porsche well they are many millions of baht cheaper than a Lambo but some 429. 2nd hand ones For Sale

So Lambos costing 36 million baht up look to have good sales figures in Thailand

That is a lot of second hand super cars for sale.

In the article I read, they consider super cars to be the cars worth between 8 and 40 million (new).

That's why we find Jaguar in the list.

And it probably inflates the overall numbers.

But for Ferrari and Lamborghini all the models are super cars indeed. And many on the roads...

Accidents can happen.

Accidents happen much more with cheaper cars, as a matter of fact ;)

But accidents in Toyotas or Nissan seem to attract less attention (and far less posts)(except for the accidents involving a Fortuner maybe).

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Just out of curiosity, if you won the lottery or got an inheritance of $20 million and decided to buy a supercar and it got out of control when you were slightly over the limit and killed an innocent passerby, would you pay the cop 50,000 baht to say you were not speeding if it meant your insurance would pay everything or would you accept all responsibility and go to jail for 15 years? The same for if you had 2 beers and the cop said you were over the limit but would be willing to wait a couple of hours to take the blood test - would you say, "no, take it now as I want to take full responsibility"?

Interested as how many people are not corrupt.

It could happen to most of us - how many have ever gone over the limit(speed or alcohol)?

I must say that I would agree to corruption.

• Like 1

Potentially the new police chief has the opportunity now to show us real change.......

Driver Chatchai Adirekwutthikul, 26, was uninjured. Police said his blood alcohol level did not exceed legal limits. He’ll be charged with damaging public property and reckless driving resulting in injury

So he wasn't pissed, just like so many Couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dogs bum.

• Like 1

I think this car was " registered" by my wife's uncle, I bought my Pick up from.And I did see the car in Sisaket before. He was sent to an inactive post in Bangkok, paid really good money to get his position back, but then the Junta joined the game.

150 K per car isn't that bad, when you only sign the new book and register 10 cars per week.

I can't even call him a corrupt <deleted>, as he wanted to stop doing it, but had many enemies who were threatening him to death, if he'd stop.He had a security guy, his own gun, but a sniper would have done the final shot.

From that time on his life became so shitty and he understood that you can't eat money.

Unfortunately were/are also high politicians involved. But it seems the tahaan's taking over, replacing ll these guys with soldiers.

I think this car was " registered" by my wife's uncle, I bought my Pick up from.And I did see the car in Sisaket before. He was sent to an inactive post in Bangkok, paid really good money to get his position back, but then the Junta joined the game.

150 K per car isn't that bad, when you only sign the new book and register 10 cars per week.

I can't even call him a corrupt <deleted>, as he wanted to stop doing it, but had many enemies who were threatening him to death, if he'd stop.He had a security guy, his own gun, but a sniper would have done the final shot.

From that time on his life became so shitty and he understood that you can't eat money.

Unfortunately were/are also high politicians involved. But it seems the tahaan's taking over, replacing ll these guys with soldiers.

And you really wonder why you keep having problems teaching English - I find this very hard to understand.

• Like 1

In the article I read, they consider super cars to be the cars worth between 8 and 40 million (new).

But for Ferrari and Lamborghini all the models are super cars indeed. And many on the roads...

Accidents can happen.

Accidents happen much more with cheaper cars, as a matter of fact wink.png

But accidents in Toyotas or Nissan seem to attract less attention (and far less posts)(except for the accidents involving a Fortuner maybe).

Wonder what the reactions would be with a Nissan Skyline is it a supercar ? lots here, seen a few Honda NSX here ? Mclaren seen a few on the roads, as well as the Benz with the Mclaren engine [sLR]..

Lots of Bentleys here but cheap, even the all new Continental GT is only 20 million. [say it quick, but compared to a Lambo]

Accidents can happen.

Accidents happen much more with cheaper cars, as a matter of fact wink.png

Wonder what the reactions would be with a Nissan Skyline is it a supercar ? lots here, seen a few Honda NSX here ? Mclaren seen a few on the roads, as well as the Benz with the Mclaren engine [sLR]..

Lots of Bentleys here but cheap, even the all new Continental GT is only 20 million. [say it quick, but compared to a Lambo]

Not sure myself what is called a super car.

The listing I saw was just considering cars worth more than 8 million to be super cars. Maybe the taxes are different for cars that price.

Nissan Skyline is an affordable type super car for those who can't buy a really expensive one. This is the dream car of many Thai youths.

But the Nissan GTRs are very powerful cars and (I think) priced just under 8 million...

I would put the GTR in the super cars' group because of the engine...

Well, a lambo is definitely a super car ;)

Edited by gerry1011

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This guy always drove like a fool.

I've seen him doing well over 200km/hr up the highway before. Drives it like a real dik.

I've seen him doing well over 200km/hr up the highway before. Drives it like a real dik.

Too bad he wasn't pulled out by witnesses and given a good thrashing for recklessness. What a jerk. He often parks it at CDC on weekends to show off. Saw him pass me by on the highway too toward at narong exit, swerving this way and that.

With dark tints and no registration plate how do you know it was the same person? There are a lot of Lamborghinis in Thailand.

True.

Just not that many orange Lambo's flying around so it's a wild guess.

How many orange Lambos have you seen?

There may be quite a few...

As of Sept 30, a total of 5,319 Porches were registered in Thailand along with 2,296 Jaguars, 463 Ferraris, 391 Bentleys, 363 Lamborghinis, 241 Lotuses...

Don't forget the unregistered ones..

According to the Thai news on the box this morning, his insurance expired 5 days ago......

I don't know if this is true but i have heard that in the UK if you can prove that you have a certain amount of money/income you don't need insurance,anyone know if this is true

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Too bad he wasn't pulled out by witnesses and given a good thrashing for recklessness. What a jerk. He often parks it at CDC on weekends to show off. Saw him pass me by on the highway too toward at narong exit, swerving this way and that.

With dark tints and no registration plate how do you know it was the same person? There are a lot of Lamborghinis in Thailand.

True.

Just not that many orange Lambo's flying around so it's a wild guess.

How many orange Lambos have you seen?

There may be quite a few...

As of Sept 30, a total of 5,319 Porches were registered in Thailand along with 2,296 Jaguars, 463 Ferraris, 391 Bentleys, 363 Lamborghinis, 241 Lotuses...

Don't forget the unregistered ones..

There must be hundreds more wink.png Edited by Scott

I have a thousand Baht that says the driver will never be brought to justice...

I have two thousand Baht that say the driver will never be brought to justice ......

Just out of curiosity, if you won the lottery or got an inheritance of $20 million and decided to buy a supercar and it got out of control when you were slightly over the limit and killed an innocent passerby, would you pay the cop 50,000 baht to say you were not speeding if it meant your insurance would pay everything or would you accept all responsibility and go to jail for 15 years? The same for if you had 2 beers and the cop said you were over the limit but would be willing to wait a couple of hours to take the blood test - would you say, "no, take it now as I want to take full responsibility"?

It could happen to most of us - how many have ever gone over the limit(speed or alcohol)?

Interesting, not a single person said they would be willing to be totally corruption-free and accept all responsibilities if in the same situation, yet plenty criticizing the guy in question.

• Like 1

I won't drink and drive. Ever . That simple. Other people's live are not mine to gamble with.

I've seen many many innocent lives ruined due to ignorant people thinking they are different, special, better than the rest and should be able to "drink a bit "

Cocks every last one of them. Rich or poor. In fact the rich are worst because the are often more educated and should know better.

I won't drink and drive. Ever . That simple. Other people's live are not mine to gamble with.

I've seen many many innocent lives ruined due to ignorant people thinking they are different, special, better than the rest and should be able to "drink a bit "

Cocks every last one of them. Rich or poor. In fact the rich are worst because the are often more educated and should know better.

Have you ever gone above the speed limit?

Have you ever gone above the speed limit?

only when drunk

I think that in the future, each time a farang has an accident with his cheap car, I will come to spit some venom on the cheap farang society. Same as some do with the Thai society...

Let's start with the british drunkard who crashed his Isuzu on Christmas night at full speed.

It's funny how much envy these Lamborghini owners can attract among farangs...

I can't imagine the reactions on here if a farang who is a Thailand Elite member has an accident with his lambo. The thread would heat up for sure :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

I think that in the future, each time a farang has an accident with his cheap car, I will come to spit some venom on the cheap farang society. Same as some do with the Thai society...

Let's start with the british drunkard who crashed his Isuzu on Christmas night at full speed.

I can't imagine the reactions on here if a farang who is a Thailand Elite member has an accident with his lambo. The thread would heat up for sure smile.png

Well said!

I'm sure if I could afford a Lambo, I'd go over the speed limit. Would never drive drunk but.

I can't imagine the reactions on here if a farang who is a Thailand Elite member has an accident with his lambo. The thread would heat up for sure smile.png

Well said!

I'm sure if I could afford a Lambo, I'd go over the speed limit. Would never drive drunk but.

Not sure which area you are... But we can go for a tour.

I never drink and drive :)

As for the speed limits... Well, you know ;)

Had to drive into Bangkok yesterday, totally amazing how many Porsche were sat in traffic jams, many on red plates. [most were 911 turbos, some Targa] why anyone would want a sports car or supercar in traffic jams is beyond me.. no envy as could not fit in any sports car, if did manage to get in one, no idea how to get out again. if people have so much money sure they could afford a 2nd small car for the City [most appeared to have mirror or dark tints so no one could see them anyway]

not related to sports cars but also amazed how many BMW X1 there were most on red plates..

Had to drive into Bangkok yesterday, totally amazing how many Porsche were sat in traffic jams, many on red plates. [most were 911 turbos, some Targa] why anyone would want a sports car or supercar in traffic jams is beyond me.. no envy as could not fit in any sports car, if did manage to get in one, no idea how to get out again. if people have so much money sure they could afford a 2nd small car for the City [most appeared to have mirror or dark tints so no one could see them anyway]

not related to sports cars but also amazed how many BMW X1 there were most on red plates..

Yesterday was the weekend already.

All the supercars owners have more than one car. They also move around in discreet vans during the week, or a regular Benz... or Rolls Royce for some (you would enjoy that one for sure).

On Sunday you often see supercars in group because they go out of the city for the Sunday Drives...

If we follow your idea everyone would move around on bicycles.

It's a bit like asking oneself why so many Brits move to Thailand just to end up drinking beer in bars all day long (nobody envy these ones, of course).

I wonder what is the difference between sitting in heavy traffic with a Nissan Micra or a Ferrari 458...

People who buy supercars buy them because they can, that's it.

And besides this, most super cars owners are part of one (or more) group(s), which leads to more fun and friendship.

Same as the Vespa or Toyota clubs... but a different level ;)

Edited by gerry1011

Well said!

sorry guys but you cant help stupid, anyone that drives like an idiot deserves top be tossed in jail, that includes this dropkick and anyone else that does the same thing. I suppose you both think that the red bull heir was hard done by too, really pathetic trying to defend an idiot just because he is thai, try looking at what he did not his nationality, maybe if these hi-so's stopped playing with themselves they would grow a brain