canuckamuck

I switched my avatar for Christmas, and now I want to switch it back but it won't let me.

I have tried for a couple of days, on three different browsers. And interstingly different browsers choose different images to display.

I have uploaded here what Firefox sees when I go to change my photo. Photo and avatar are they same thing right?

The non Christmas version is the one I want, but when I get back to the forum, the Christmas one is the only one that comes up. No matter how many times I try.

I have also tried uploading a hosted image, but it has not worked either.

post-10408-0-53771600-1419650496_thumb.j

Edited by canuckamuck

ISP caching in Thailand is not optimized for short TTL (time to live) but for keeping cached data for long periods to reduce their international bandwidth. As such, it can take anywhere from several minutes to 2-3 weeks before the cache is cleared and you to see the updated avatar. Also try CTRL+F5. That reloads the page bypassing your local cache. If no change than you will just have to wait.

• Like 2

ISP caching in Thailand is not optimized for short TTL (time to live) but for keeping cached data for long periods to reduce their international bandwidth. As such, it can take anywhere from several minutes to 2-3 weeks before the cache is cleared and you to see the updated avatar. Also try CTRL+F5. That reloads the page bypassing your local cache. If no change than you will just have to wait.

Neither ctrl/F5 nor clearing the cache work for Firefox in the UK (cable ISP).