Renewing a British passport in Thailand (BKK)

I helped an Elderly Brit through Trendy,not being Brit they were more than helpful.They joked about the ease about me renewing my Portugal Pport being easy to renew....no one copies them,no handouts in Lisbon. It's Forgeries that cause you a prob,not living here and second class

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to Thai visa they were in L K metro they done mine they charged me 1750 baht to do everything plus postage and passport fee well worth it no stress.

Can you confirm you had a private company handle all the paperwork and have them submit everything to Trendy and then send you the new passport ?

Thanks

Alan

Agents that deal completely (100 %) in order to finalize the UK passport application procedure via Trendy in BKK would be a very acceptable activity for passport applicants, and the cost of 1,750 bath would not be a problem.

Fellows that used those agents, or know those agents, please advice.

I sent a mail to Thai Visa Express around 1 hour ago, and received a very fast reply.

Everyone has to do this in person now so we don't offer any passport services at all now.

I also would be very interested to find any agent who can handle the whole process, only problem is it needs to be a registered company with some track record as you would be handing over your passport, cash, and original documents.

we process these daily we are registered UK agents - our fee is 5000 THB .

A great friendly shop to do all your preparation for an application is the Kodak shop on the corner of soi 6 beach road Jomtien, they know the photo requirement for a UK passport.

Also have fast internet PC's to download the forms, and colour copying of the old passport is cheap.

The shop by the immigration sent me there told me they do a better quality photo than they do, B120 for 8 pictures, color copy each page of old B10

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

My British passport expires in May 2016 and my visa expires in Apr 2016, with the proof of address, all I have is a letter with my Thai address on, it's in English and it's from HM Customs and Revenue as I have registered my Thai address with them, would this be acceptable? Also what are the available times to book appointments.

any help would be appreciated.

Hi all,

My British passport expires in May 2016 and my visa expires in Apr 2016, with the proof of address, all I have is a letter with my Thai address on, it's in English and it's from HM Customs and Revenue as I have registered my Thai address with them, would this be acceptable? Also what are the available times to book appointments.

If you read this thread from the beginning, it will tell you all you need to know, particularly the first page

Yes the letter will be fine, but you will need to get it translated to Thai, all is revealed if you start at the beginning here on this thread

• Like 1

Hi all,

If you read this thread from the beginning, it will tell you all you need to know, particularly the first page

Yes the letter will be fine, but you will need to get it translated to Thai, all is revealed if you start at the beginning here on this thread

Oh translated to Thai, I have a TOT bill with my name on it, it's all in thai will that be acceptable, sorry for my laziness but this thread is huge

Edited by nicelee808

would a tot bill be acceptable as proof of residence? also what are the opening and closing times for the appointment and finally when you pay with credit card to you need to have the card with you as mine is at my mums in england but I have the details and I frequently use it

Hi all,

The address has to be in English not Thai. Trendy send the application to Liverpool who speak read and write in English - sort of - You can use someones credit card - look at the instructions.

• Like 1

Hi all,

The address has to be in English not Thai. Trendy send the application to Liverpool who speak read and write in English - sort of - You can use someones credit card - look at the instructions.

Yes lol, sorry thats what I meant Thai to English, but honestly the OP can't be bothered to read 5 pages to get the info he wants, hardly "huge" then i am done

Hi all,

Yes lol, sorry thats what I meant Thai to English, but honestly the OP can't be bothered to read 5 pages to get the info he wants, hardly "huge" then i am done

the op has read it, no info regarding appointment times(opening-closing times) no info regarding whether my letter would be acceptable hence the request for additional info.

would a tot bill be acceptable as proof of residence? also what are the opening and closing times for the appointment and finally when you pay with credit card to you need to have the card with you as mine is at my mums in england but I have the details and I frequently use it

This thread should assist with information on opening times:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/865918-what-are-the-opening-times-of-uk-passport-office-in-bangkok/

I don't know what this trendy is supposed to be. I lived in Thailand for 10 years and in that time had 4 or 5 renewals. I used to download and print the application form for renewal, fill it in and drop it off personally at the British Embassy off Sukhumvit. Pay either in cash or debit card and never waited more than 3 weeks for my new passport. Someone on here says that once you've submitted your application you can't travel, well when I went to the embassy they just took a photo copy of my passport, gave it back to me and I travelled outside Thailand. Your old passport is not cancelled until you go and pick up your renewal passport, then they cut the corner and give it back to you along with your new passport.

From the UK Gov website....they electronically cancel your old passport as soon as the application is received. Not that every border will know that but in theory it is not valid for travel.

You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).

You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

If I travel to Trendy from Ubon by air submit my application, will I be able to return by air, or will I need to get on the train? I would think as long as I am able to keep my existing passport I should be able to fly domestically right!

Hi all,

His post clearly said the letter was in English!

Hi all,

Here's my plan, I will fly to Bangkok from Ubon, I will arrive in bangkok at 8:00 am, I've requested an appointment for 11:00 am, I will wait for my application to be processed, I then will have a return flight at 7:40 pm, In your experience and providing my paperwork is in order, would this be achievable or would this be cutting it a bit fine.

Also regarding transferring my visa, is it possible to not transfer the visa as it will soon expire and just apply for a new one into the new passport.

Any helpful replies will be cool.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

Here's my plan, I will fly to Bangkok from Ubon, I will arrive in bangkok at 8:00 am, I've requested an appointment for 11:00 am, I will wait for my application to be processed, I then will have a return flight at 7:40 pm, In your experience and providing my paperwork is in order, would this be achievable or would this be cutting it a bit fine.

Also regarding transferring my visa, is it possible to not transfer the visa as it will soon expire and just apply for a new one into the new passport.

Any helpful replies will be cool.

Thanks in advance

I can't imagine that submitting the paperwork will take more than about 30 minutes, as long as it's all in order. So you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the afternoon in the Nana district before your return flight.

• Like 1

Do you literally mean a tourist or non-immigrant visa obtained from a Thai embassy or consulate abroad? Or an extension of stay obtained from an immigration office here in LOS?

A tourist or non-immigrant visa cannot be transferred from an old to a new passport - meaning, therefore, that you will need to travel around with both passports until the visa has expired.

In the case of an extension of stay, though, Immigration will insist on formally recording the details of your current stamp in your new passport, even if the stamp is due to expire shortly. For this purpose you will require a letter from the British Embassy in Bangkok. The With-It Tower Mob should advise you on how you can go about obtaining this letter when you pick up your new passport from them.

• Like 1

Do you literally mean a tourist or non-immigrant visa obtained from a Thai embassy or consulate abroad? Or an extension of stay obtained from an immigration office here in LOS?

A tourist or non-immigrant visa cannot be transferred from an old to a new passport - meaning, therefore, that you will need to travel around with both passports until the visa has expired.

In the case of an extension of stay, though, Immigration will insist on formally recording the details of your current stamp in your new passport, even if the stamp is due to expire shortly. For this purpose you will require a letter from the British Embassy in Bangkok. The With-It Tower Mob should advise you on how you can go about obtaining this letter when you pick up your new passport from them.

Thanks OJAS, nice informative response, lucky for me based on your info, it is a Non-immigrant O received from Savannakhet

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I have not read every post in this thread! I read every one in the thread about proof of address for renewing British passports and still could not find an answer!

Then, looking through my mountain of paperwork I found copies of the "Pending" and "Approved" letters they issue on the Thai Immigration website when you do your 90 day online.

I was wondering if these could be used as proof of address?

They are official paperwork, are written in English, contain your Thai address and the barcode.

Does anyone know if these can be used to confirm your Thai address?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before!

I'm sorry I have not read every post in this thread! I read every one in the thread about proof of address for renewing British passports and still could not find an answer!

Then, looking through my mountain of paperwork I found copies of the "Pending" and "Approved" letters they issue on the Thai Immigration website when you do your 90 day online.

I was wondering if these could be used as proof of address?

They are official paperwork, are written in English, contain your Thai address and the barcode.

Does anyone know if these can be used to confirm your Thai address?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before!

I should not worry to much about proof of address, I used a small Sophon bill that was in Thai, had it translated on the ground floor of Trendy for B400, if what you have is in English it will be fine, I don't think its a very important point in the application, just photo copy, they will give you original back at the application interview

• 1 month later...

I have today made an appointment for a passport renewal. I downloaded the "Paying by Credit card or Debit Card" form and saw an item "Valid From.."

I have a KTB debit card valid for Internet Banking but on the card there is no issue date.

Just to be safe I called KTB and asked if I could use this card to pay for my UK passport renewal.

They informed me I could not! Has anybody had any problems with this recently. I don't have any other credit card.

How can I pay for my new passport in Bangkok? My appointment is for Friday 11 March.

Has anyone used a KTB card recently and had any problems? Anyone who can reply quickly?

Help much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I realize this is an old post but I am currently sorting out a new passport and I was wondering, previously there were places around the British Embassy where you could get passport photos taken. Is that the case around the HMPO at Trendy Place?

BKKJ