Renewing a British passport in Thailand (BKK)

• 2 weeks later...

On the VFS Thailand Website I can see no page about passport applications just Visas, can somebody please give me the URL of the necessary page?

Thanks

Its not on it. Start here...https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y'>https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y[/

The only communication with VFS is by email to set up the appointment.

So that's what you do, when you have all your documents etc for passport renewal you just email vfs to arrange an appointment at the trendy office at sukhumvit soi 13?....

Oh I get it now, it's at the end of the 'start here' link you provided, I was confused for a while...thanks.

Edited by clearmirror

On the VFS Thailand Website I can see no page about passport applications just Visas, can somebody please give me the URL of the necessary page?

Thanks

Its not on it. Start here...[url=https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y]https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y[/

So that's what you do, when you have all your documents etc for passport renewal you just email vfs to arrange an appointment at the trendy office at sukhumvit soi 13?....

Yes.......thumbsup.gif

Thanks

Its not on it. Start here...[url=https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y]https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y[/

Yep....

"You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre

The Trendy Office Building,

28th Floor,

Sukhumvit Soi13,

Klongtoey-Nua,

Wattana,

Bangkok

Thailand

• 4 weeks later...

Renewed my passport today at the Uk passport

On Saturday, December 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Paratrinque said:

Details for application given in post #3 by Lite Beer.

TRENDY BUILDING 28th Floor,

Sukhumvit Soi 13

But you need to make an appointment first.

Be careful on the UK Embassy website, (passports), there are very specific requirements for passport photos re:size and dimensions of face and background colour.

On application I was told 6 to 12 weeks but received confirmation to collect new passport less than three weeks after application.

VERY helpful staff and excellent service.

Wonderful service. Did mine today. For over 3 years I've been dreading getting a new passport. Heard all the negative news and expected a big fuss, lots of paperwork and delays. Went in all hyped up and anxious and after a couple of minutes with an angel of a girl in the interview room I was in passport renewal bliss. So easy she made it, helped me fill out all the forms, got all my paperwork in order and gave me a reciept all in less than 10 minutes. Best of British service even though she was Thai. I am so happy now. A big weight off my mind.

My advice to those who need to renew their U.K passport is don't worry. Follow what paperwork you need to bring. Have a credit card with you and go there to the Uk visa application centre. The interview is open. If your missing documents they will let you go get them and come back later in the day.

The only down side of the day was going to terminal 21 afterwards. What a boring shopping mall that is. Very disappointing.

Edited by Wilsonandson
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been there twice in the past 15 months to renew a passport and each time the VFS staff member filled in a Document Receipt Checklist and signed it BUT with a wrong date? What is that all about I wonder? The first time I pointed it out and he changed it, the second time I only noticed it when I got home and had forgotten it happened before so wasn't paying full attention. Now I am wondering if it makes any difference, but odd the same error is repeated - the guy was doing a lot of idle chat with the other girls in the office at time so not fully on the ball??

Renewed my passport today at the Uk passport

Wonderful service. Did mine today. For over 3 years I've been dreading getting a new passport. Heard all the negative news and expected a big fuss, lots of paperwork and delays. Went in all hyped up and anxious and after a couple of minutes with an angel of a girl in the interview room I was in passport renewal bliss. So easy she made it, helped me fill out all the forms, got all my paperwork in order and gave me a reciept all in less than 10 minutes. Best of British service even though she was Thai. I am so happy now. A big weight off my mind.

My advice to those who need to renew their U.K passport is don't worry. Follow what paperwork you need to bring. Have a credit card with you and go there to the Uk visa application centre. The interview is open. If your missing documents they will let you go get them and come back later in the day.

The only down side of the day was going to terminal 21 afterwards. What a boring shopping mall that is. Very disappointing.

Got my new passport last week. It took 15 days! What more can I say. Fantastic!

9 minutes ago, samuisecret said:

Renewing passport this year, quick question, can i pay for it with my K bank debit card ?

Payment is taken in the UK so the card needs to be able to handle foreign "cardholder not present" transactions.  Have seen numerous posts of difficulties in using Thai debit cards.  Far better to use a UK card, doesn't have to be yours.

2 hours ago, Mosha said:

Does anyone have a telephone number, I think my kasikorn debit card is a problem for them. I need to talk with them and find out options. And it's a long trip for me.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is of any use.....

Contact the Passport Adviceline

Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time)
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm (UK time)

Not sure if this is of any use.....

Contact the Passport Adviceline

Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time)
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm (UK time)

Thanks, but I really need to talk with the Trendy Office people.

I find it quite annoying that they insist people turn up in person. Not a big deal if one lives in Bangkok or Pattaya but two trips up from elsewhere to get a passport is ridiculous. The Canadian Embassy allows you to sent the application by post and they return it by EMS- why so difficult for the UK? From posting to return it took 10 days for a new Canadian Passport.

I'd be happy if they had swipe pad where you could type in your pin number for your Thai ATM card.

42 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I find it quite annoying that they insist people turn up in person. Not a big deal if one lives in Bangkok or Pattaya but two trips up from elsewhere to get a passport is ridiculous. The Canadian Embassy allows you to sent the application by post and they return it by EMS- why so difficult for the UK? From posting to return it took 10 days for a new Canadian Passport.

You don''t have to turn up in person, I did an application and pick for an old guy on my estate, he never set foot in the place

4 hours ago, Mosha said:

The With-It Tower Mob cannot be contacted by phone, I'm afraid. Your only option is to contact the Passport Adviceline as referred to in post #168 (and no doubt brace yourself for being "serenaded" with the entire suite of Beethoven symphonies from start to finish before someone there can be bothered to pick up your call).

The With-It Tower Mob cannot be contacted by phone, I'm afraid. Your only option is to contact the Passport Adviceline as referred to in post #168 (and no doubt brace yourself for being "serenaded" with the entire suite of Beethoven symphonies from start to finish before someone there can be bothered to pick up your call).

OK thanks

4 hours ago, Mosha said:

Even if you could, which you cant, I doubt they could tell you anything useful.  Payment is done in the UK.  You really don't have any options other than providing details of a card that will work there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Prior to March 2014 it was, in fact, possible for us Brits living in LOS to submit our renewal applications by post or courier and have our replacement passports sent to us direct. To the best of my knowledge the UK is alone in now requiring its nationals to make 2 trips to an office building with a ridiculous name in Bangkok for passport renewal purposes. IMHO these trips can prove just as arduous for those of us living in Pattaya and my neighbouring part of the world as for those living further afield, particularly if we are not in great shape physically.

4 hours ago, sungod said:

You don''t have to turn up in person, I did an application and pick for an old guy on my estate, he never set foot in the place

And if, like me, you're an old guy who doesn't know anyone in his neighbourhood sufficiently well as to entrust them to make the necessary trips on his behalf....?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got my new passport by applying on a Wednesday and pickup a week on Tuesday, so 13 days inc two weekends ain't bad!

Q. My passport has an opaque yellow sticker on back page with "Please remove this label" printed on it. Also the accompanying guide pamphlet it says "The label on the back page of passport was used during the production process and can now be removed.". All quite straight forward one might think, but under the yellow label is another hidden transparent stuck on label that looks like an RFID chip! Can this label be removed as well or whats its purpose?

Having read through all the information,am I correct in thinking that as I do not have a credit card I must return to The UK to renew my passport there? If I have to do that would that not also mean that my re-entry visa would be invalid as it would be in the old passport?