How many foreigners wifes were not former sex workers

manxninja

Lets face it older men visiting bars in Thailand meet younger girls . Some of them end up marrying.

But no need to be a sex worker when you work in a bar to entertain....? If you look at where foreigners meet Thai women here I would say it happens in bars. Maybe as many as 50% of older men met their younger wife in a bar...

But it doesnt mean they have slept with 100's of foreigners , only a few....

Hahaha.... Only a few ? Yes the ugly girls only sleep with a few guys. The hot ones go every night. Or did you mean only a few hundred :)

Edited by ttthailand

I guess one man's ugly is another man's cute. Tastes vary. Personally I prefer western women, who plenty here seem to regard as repulsive.

I have no problem with western women, as long as they fit my under 50Kg weight requirement.

Hey, hey, I am not fat at all. I wonder why TV male members think that western women are usually overweight?

Not all western women are British or American.

You have to visit my country and you will see, that on average women are slim and beautiful.

We discussed this topic last night at dinner with friends. This group consists of all farang men and Thai women. All the women were born and raised in Tahiland. We now all live in the States. We have all known each other for at least 5 years, some as much as 10 years. We are good friends, and by now we all pretty much knew the real backgrounds of each other. (Yes, when we first met, some did NOT tell the truth how they met their wifes). So, here is the break down:

Thai wife went to University met husband while working at the British embassy. Husband went in to get help - met his future wife.

Thai wife while working in the HR department at oil company met husband on Match.com

Thai wife was a flight attendant for Thai Airways met husband while flying.

Thai wife was a mistress for army general, met current husband while at a bar.

Thai wife worked at bar when met husband

Thai wife was a nanny in the states when met husband. They were introduced by her employer.

Thai wife was married to much older farang living in Thailand. She was 19 he was 55. She got a job working at a computer company when she was 25. While working at this company, when she was 28, she met her now husband. They moved to the states when she was 29 and got married.

2 bar girls - 2 chance meetings at work - 1 internet - 1 affair - 1 introduction from friend (employer)

Its not so much the case now, but going back to the 80s-90s, it was quite difficult finding a non bar worker who spoke English. I can quite understand why so many guys formed relationships this way.

About me---single-never married, & in 23 years of living here, I have not even been with a hi so Chinese-Thai university educated bank manageress, Doctor, Virgin.....I can only assume that's because they have all been taken by the ThaiVisa Posters.

If you happen to live in Patts, be careful what you say as there are a couple of regiments of Ex SAS and Ex Seals hanging around the bars there. whistling.gif

I guess one man's ugly is another man's cute. Tastes vary. Personally I prefer western women, who plenty here seem to regard as repulsive.

I have no problem with western women, as long as they fit my under 50Kg weight requirement.

Hey, hey, I am not fat at all. I wonder why TV male members think that western women are usually overweight?

Not all western women are British or American.

You have to visit my country and you will see, that on average women are slim and beautiful.

Unusual, but which country is this ? smile.png

• Like 1

I do not see anything wrong with this. I have several mates who have ex bar girls for wives , and every one of them are perfectly happy and living a normal married life.

What many do not understand that these girls work bars mainly because they have a family to support and earning Bht 130 per day working in a rice paddy is not a happy life. When the right guy comes along, they are mostly happy to retire from the bar. Unlike most western prostitutes, they are not there because they are lazy or have a drug problem. Its all about survival, i remember hearing my dad at the end of WW2 telling his brother that in Germany he could get a different woman every night of the week if he wanted for a carton of cigs or some toilet soap etc. this also was survival. I recently was told by a German holiday maker that she was disgusted by the bar girls.................of course she would be, she was'nt an 18 yr old trying to survive in Berlin in 1945. So lighten up all you people who condemn bar girls and consider them worthless. thumbsup.gif

And so you believe....

• Like 1

Seems I've probably slept with more than a few "wives" over the past few years (none of them mine) ! w00t.gif

In fact, of the last 4 "steady" girlfriends I've had over the last 9 years, 1 married a Thai and lives up country now, 2 married foreigners and are still in Pattaya and 1 is (supposedly) in jail ! All 4 were working in bars when I met them (the 2 that married foreigners were still working in bars when they met their husbands as well).

I've met women outside of bars as well ("no, never work bar. Only work clerk in hotel") who would put some bar girls to shame in the bedroom. I know one that used to work (a lot) in bars, until her Thai boyfriend knocked her up (and split of course), now she works in Big C. I'm sure she's not the only one that now works in a "legit" job after having formerly played the game. Another one used the money she made working in the bars to finance her way through a proper hairdressing school and now works in Bangkok (as a hairdresser, though she apparently makes the odd sortie back to Pattaya if the bank account needs a little boost).

As long as you are happy with whoever you've married, who cares what other people think ? If they are small and petty enough to try and use her past against her (or you) then you probably shouldn't be friends with them anyways.

• Like 1

I'd bet anything that the vast majority of farang men that have had a relationship with a Thai woman, had it with a former or current bar girl.

However, it's quite possible that the majority of Thai women involved with a foreigner are not. The prostitutes are just very prolific.

From Michael Marshall's 'The Straw Men':

As if whores were little more than unwanted pets,

as if they had never run laughing to the return of a parent,

or said a first word,

or spent long nights wondering what their stocking would hold.

quoting a writer is not really making a point ...

Well I have had it both ways and when i left America , if I had been rich I don't think she would have left but that's life , hit and miss . my first Thai wife danced one night and I saved her , she now lives in USA and is happy , after we split up for normal reasons , we are still friends and she mailed me diabetic slippers for Christmas but wrong size , so anyone need a pair of

12 1/2 - 13 US size lovely slippers 1000B , and she spent 45$ on shipping , plus about 30$ on slippers ! She had after we split married a guy i knew in Oil worker , saved her life paid for her kidney transplant....all true , left his cheating ass and visited me with her latest a few years back and married him this year , I like him seems like a good guy even tho he turned her into a San Francisco Giants baseball fan , LOL As ex- NY team Like the LA Dodgers I hate both these deserter teams !

Ok , now my 2nd & 3rd were only for short spans , but when I met my Lady Flower , all my friends could not believe how lucky I was , a true Pure hearted person , 15 years later we hopefully will get married next year....and its almost that in 3 1/2 hrs ! Matter fact , we owe her Mom about 70,000 B from our business we closed in Phuket , not because food wasn't good , just no support like use to be in Patong...part why I left , remember I can prove everything I write , cause I know some Schmuck is thinking , Nobody can be this lucky ! I almost agree , but she is going home to get some more money , until my VA Benefit starts and its been 10 months tomorrow but that's another story , why its taking so long ! I had met Flower as she had just left being a caregiver for an old Chinese-Thai woman who died , she is my caregiver now and People who meet her just are amazed how kind a person she is , and to put up with a man whose all wives or GFs before Thai or American,

were Bi--sexual , I have gone from the Hot & nasty kind of women to the Angelic , It's boring , but it is what it is when you really know you are truly loved for nothing else but you ! I use to have a saying about why i have had so many relationships and it was true , I took little girls ( They were all over 21) turned them into Women and they realized they needed to go out into the World and find what else there is ! Don't laugh but I am still in touch with all of my exs in USA and occasionally a old Thai friend will re-appear but none since leaving Phuket after 22 years there. As a Go-Go Bar Manager and Chef in Thailand since 1988 and coming here since 1985, I have seen it all ! I do not care what anybody thinks especially Whiskey Tangos who look down on Men Or Women for their behavior of going with younger Ladies or Men here . I see both sides get screwed over by the other ! It's like this Folks , its all the same all over the World except for some Cultural stuff , but only 2 types of humans on this planet, other then Sex of Male & Female , even the gay & lady boys are still M or F with different feelings and hormones raging in them , and a few with both sex organs ! It is either Good People or Bad People ! That's all its a matter of , not nationality , over the years they've put us all down like bad mouthing Russians now , it was Germans , Japanese , Canadians , The Swiss the Swedish , The Norwegians , The Dutch , The Aussies , The Brits , The Euros , and lets not forget The Americans who helped it all with our stupid fracking WAR in SEA ! I've met good & bad from every place , and that is the plain and simple truth of the matter !

I should speak Thai perfectly or real good after almost 30 yrs. but i don't but my ex and present ladies , speak pretty good English , which has been a big help to me and many of my friends or people we meet ! Flower gets asked questions by people all the time when they see her shopping at Supermarkets and see her purchases ,I tell her they are hitting on her but she says no , just curious & nosy I eat nothing but my cooking or American or Mexican or Italian or French or English pub Foods at restaurants in Thailand over the years, only if no choice do I eat fried rice dishes at a Thai place and a few other dishes but I don't eat fish only shrimp & lobster and Tuna in a can with mayo , I love Chinese American but its more Chinese - Chinese style here , the Brit Chinese is not the same as San Francisco or NYC Chinese American like Moo Shu Pork , Egg Rolls not Spring Rolls , Sweet & Sour Pork....forget Chop suey & Chow mein or American fried Rice lol ! I tell Flower she should start a shopping biz for people who hate to shop and can afford to pay someone else to do it right , which she has learned to do....she even gets mad and frustrated with Thai staff in Supermarkets who have no idea about anything on their shelves or where anything is , just like we do !!

I'd be genuinely interested in what you think you're going to learn from this stupid <deleted> question really.

Congratulations,

You've mastered racist troll baiting 101

Probably that everyone lies...... If I was a betting man, I am guessing probably

about 70 % married a sex worker. Just reread all the threads that say upstanding

Thai women regard farang as dirt on their shoes. And the next farang that tells

me he married a hi-so Thai - Chinese with relatives in powerful governmental

positions, I may just bitch slap him for insulting my intelligence.....

Unless......... you showed up in Thailand speaking perfect Thai, were loaded with

money, were exceptionally charming, and then took the time and effort to move

in the right social circles. I guess then you could end with one of these rare

and desired Thai women.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

I'd be genuinely interested in what you think you're going to learn from this stupid <deleted> question really.

Congratulations,

Probably that everyone lies...... If I was a betting man, I am guessing probably

about 70 % married a sex worker. Just reread all the threads that say upstanding

Unless......... you showed up in Thailand speaking perfect Thai, were loaded with

and desired Thai women.

My estimate is 90%+.

• Like 1

Congratulations,

and desired Thai women.

My estimate is 90%+.

Haha I was trying to be kind....... :-) It is the first day of the year, and with a hangover I

would not be able to deal with the firestorm of protests from the Bangkok guys who

insist they married a Thai/Chinese hi-so. At least the guys living in Nakorn Nowhere

are a bit more honest with their farm girl wives..... That is not a knock, as my girlfriend

is a farmer's daughter. I just cannot live upcountry !!

• Like 2

How do you come to thailand at an older age .No friends. No language skills.End up married within 18 months or so? With someone who has never been abroad, speaks limited English and is from a poor background, from a certain region and doesn't have a job or never seems to have had a job?

Pen pal?

Whoever you marry you marry their history...

Thais will know anyway..

If you speak thai you will know what the Thais think ( on occasions )

Even if they were not most ( foreigners ) will think they are..

It can be tough for a thai married to a foreigner.

• Like 1

How do you come to thailand at an older age .No friends. No language skills.End up married within 18 months or so? With someone who has never been abroad, speaks limited English and is from a poor background, from a certain region and doesn't have a job or never seems to have had a job?

Pen pal?

Whoever you marry you marry their history...

Thais will know anyway..

If you speak thai you will know what the Thais think ( on occasions )

Even if they were not most ( foreigners ) will think they are..

It can be tough for a thai married to a foreigner.

This post is just silly, marriage is a gamble, know the girl 1 day ot 5 years, the gamble is the same.

20 years later they may steal everything or have their lover murder you, or they may still love you.