Non Immigr. O 1 year visa issued at Thai Embassy in Germany

I am a retired 70 Y old German living in Thailand in the North.

I had previously (2 Years already) got issued a retirement 1 year visa ( extension) from Mae Sai Immigration together with a Re-entry visa.

I have a Non Immigration M ( multible entry ) for 1 year visa but no Re- entry visa as such yet.

Do I need a re- entry visa should I leave before March as I only got a Permit to stay for 90 days when entering Thailand in December 2014.

Looks like I must apply for a re- entry visa at the Immigration office and a permit to stay for 1 year ?

Do I need again a bank letter to show the 800 K bank deposit for 3 months.

Or is the multible entry M valid for re entry.

Any advise would help.

Edited by kraxlhuber

You seem to have a Multi Entry Non imm O visa.

You can enter as many times as you want provided the Visa is valid.

Each entry gives a stay of 90 days.

You then have to exit and return to get another 90 days.

Thank you

Looks like I have to redo the whole procedure of getting a new retirement visa in order to not to have to leave and reentry Thailand?

Sounds to me I have made a mistake not to extend the old retirement visa before it expired but I travelled to Europe then.

Well yes,

now i have a new visa for one year based on the rule of been married to a Thai and shown the bank statement of 800 K.

Is it possible to convert the Non Immigrant O visa into a retirement visa at the offfice in Mae Sai.

I just dont like to travel again as in the past to Mae Sai and go over the border, my passport is getting full soon.

now i have a new visa for one year based on the rule of been married to a Thai and shown the bank statement of 800 K.

Is it possible to convert the Non Immigrant O visa into a retirement visa at the offfice in Mae Sai.

I just dont like to travel again as in the past to Mae Sai and go over the border, my passport is getting full soon.

It is not a conversion, it is a new application. And it is for an extension of stay, not a visa.

You can apply, with all the required paperwork, during the last 30 days of you allowed stay. You can also apply, with much less paperwork, for a 60 days extension based on having a Thai spouse.

Edited by paz

You can apply for an extension of stay during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries you get from your visa.

For an extension based upon retirement you will the need 800k baht to be in the bank for 60 days.

For an extension based upon marriage you would only need 400k baht in the bank.

very clear and precise post.

I just cant see the advandage having a retirement visa versus a marriage visa, other than the 90 days notice of stay by mail which is exactly great, forfeits the border run and the stamps in the passport.

I am married with a thai lady since 19 years and have 2 teenaged kids in school/ university.

Since I have already a 1 year non Immigration O visa , multible , I dont have to worry just right now.

Better I go to the immigration asap and inform myself of the options.

Or go again all of the 9 yards and apply for a retiremant visa before the 90 days permit of stay expires, together with the bank statement of 800.000 baht

You confusing extensions and visas.

If you apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement or marriage you do 90 day report to immigration.

What you have now is a multiple entry visa that requires you to leave the country. This can be issued for various reasons including for retirement,

You confusing extensions and visas.

If you apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement or marriage you do 90 day report to immigration.

What you have now is a multiple entry visa that requires you to leave the country. This can be issued for various reasons including for retirement,

This means I can convert/ reapply for a retirement visa again as before at the immigration office before the 90 day expire of the permit of stay issued at the airport when arrived

What do I need to show again when applying for a retiremant visa?

You will need bank letter confirming the 800k baht in the bank and copies of your bank book to prove the funds have been in the bank for 60 days on the date you apply.

Copies of your passport pages and TM6 departure card.

A completed TM7 application form.

You may also need proof of residence.

You will need bank letter confirming the 800k baht in the bank and copies of your bank book to prove the funds have been in the bank for 60 days on the date you apply.

Copies of your passport pages and TM6 departure card.

A completed TM7 application form.

You may also need proof of residence.

bit tricky all,

" need to proof that the 800.000 baht is in my savings account on the day i apply for the retirement visa",

is it on the same day or can it be 1 day earlier

BTW, I have the yellow Tabian Baan Book.