South Korean plunges to death from 26th floor of a condominium

Lite Beer

mmm me thinks if this were a European or an Aussie all the armchair detectives and TV crew would be battling it out here but being a Korean it is eerily quiet

I guess because he is Korean nothing is suspicious

I have said a heartfelt prayer for this rich good looking man that died too young - bless his soul Amen Amen Amen

I don't think nationality has anything to do with it being eerily quiet. It sounds to me like it was just a really, really unfortunate accident and a horrible way to go, but the photo appears to confirm the massage lady's story and the comments about the guy perhaps being oily and slippery also sound plausible, so unless there is another theory somewhere that has not been told I am not sure there is much to say except RIP young man. What happened is a terrible tragedy, and to his family and friends i offer my sincerest condolences.

• Like 2

mmm me thinks if this were a European or an Aussie all the armchair detectives and TV crew would be battling it out here but being a Korean it is eerily quiet

I have said a heartfelt prayer for this rich good looking man that died too young - bless his soul Amen Amen Amen

I don't think nationality has anything to do with it being eerily quiet. It sounds to me like it was just a really, really unfortunate accident and a horrible way to go, but the photo appears to confirm the massage lady's story and the comments about the guy perhaps being oily and slippery also sound plausible, so unless there is another theory somewhere that has not been told I am not sure there is much to say except RIP young man. What happened is a terrible tragedy, and to his family and friends i offer my sincerest condolences.

Sometimes ya just cant win.

If you post about it then you get accused of being heatless and having no respect for the person who has died.

If you don't post its because you don't care.

Maybe just 10.000 posts saying R.I.P. is all that is needed.

• Like 1

It's disgusting but i have noticed this type of racist actions. It's as if being asian his life is worthless.

You do realize there are several threads on here about 2 Burmese kids who could face the death penalty ?

You should think about the people of whom you regard as disgusting racists, are the same people who have paid money into their defense.

Now go crawl back into the same hole you came out of.

You sure those ppl actually paid money to defend those burmese kids? Where's the evidence?

It's very sad but not surprising - apparently South Koreans have amongst the highest suicide rates in the world, so it should be LESS surprising that a South Korean jumped to his death than a westerner.

Ms Kong-ngern said when she recovered from the shock she alerted the condominium staff.

Who knows with the way they write these things but unless she took an abnormal time to "recover from the shock" then why report this? And if she did take an abnormal time, then that is suspicious (possibly getting rid of evidence like sign of struggle). Maybe she was scared she could be implicated and wondered what to do for a couple minutes but I don't buy shock ... instincts say to report, scream, get help or whatever despite there not very unlikely being anything to help if he fell at that height but to stand there in the room in shock and do nothing sounds strange .... but am speculating on nothing because never can make sense of what is relevant or not in these news articles.

Oh come on now, as most people have logically pointed out (not that there was even any need) there is nothing much to be said other than the guy had a massage and was silly enough to try and get some photos while sitting on a the handrail, and fell.

How many Thai's do you know? Have you ever asked a Thai girl to make a choice? like "baby you choose what's for dinner", or "where would you like to go this weekend?", that's shock right there! Now if this lady saw a man fall from the balcony, then yes I would say that would also be quite confronting for her, and the way that Thai's report thing's they always include these silly little tidbits.

Better find another case to investigate Sherlock ;-)

I was there. Well, most of the articles are half accurate as it was the Somerset hotel (not condo) by Asoke, (not Thonglor). The part about a Korean man falling from a building is true... I know because I was the there in person inside the window at a restaurant about 20 feet from where he fell.

He fell just before 11 am, we are told by a masseuse, while posing for a photo at the Somerstet hotel. The sad story is....Well, I was almost done with breakfast and ready to go home, then I heard a lound crashing sound outside and the manager who was by the window screamed in terror. Myself and the restaurant owner ran over and the man from Korea was there in the driveway, he was already gone. . . I was still in shock. I called my dad, he said to see if it was possilbe to help the man or call an ambulance - the hotel manager did call but it was too late for him.

I was the only customer there, I think no one else was a witness beside the hotel staff and manager. Later I left by the back entrance, as the police had cordoned off the area, I have not heard more. I wish condolensces to his family. I also wonder if more could be done to keep people safe. I am still in shock and this is really sad. Rest in Peace

• Like 2

Accidents do happen. But, Thailand has a very high rate of balcony suicides.

Why would so many people fly to Thailand to kill themselves?

I suspect most victims of such a mishap come from communities with only low-rise buildings.

Have there been news where the victims were from Hong Kong or Singapore?