Bus fares to Thai provinces to be cut

webfact

Bus fares to provinces to be cut

7344-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Interprovincial bus fares will be cut two satang per kilometres, Mrs Suchinda Cherdchai, president of the Association of Interprovincial Bus Operators, assured.

Her assurance of reduced bus fares for travel to provinces came after her meeting with Transport Minister Prajin Juntong yesterday.

She said bus operators agreed to cut interprovincial bus fare by two satang per kilometer for each route starting on January 16 in accordance with the Transport Ministry’s announcement on new bus fare.

Interprovincial bus fare should be lowered by some 20-45 baht depending on the route, she told reporters after the meeting.

But in an exchange for the fare cut, Mrs Suchinda, however, called for the ministry to accept the association’s six-point proposal, including reduction of trip frequency of bus services and reduced premium for third-class insurance coverages.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bus-fares-provinces-cut

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-08

Another Thai government subsidy. They insist on every Thai being happy. These government subsidies will do it.

Really? It doesn't have anything to do with the cost of diesel being lower or anything else?

It must be a government subsidy because YOU say it is.

• Like 2

I am glad to hear of a cut in bus prices, even a 2 satang per KM is okay.

Here where I live in the snow and cold, our bus prices went up 15 cents Canadian per

bus ticket, and that's within the city I am so lucky to be able to live.

Travelling across this country by bus is pretty expensive, as compared with even 5 years ago.

Travelling by train is completely expensive, and I think that only a few tourists are still

getting across Canada by that method.

So what I am reading on this post is a good news story!

Be Happy!

• Like 1