Better off alone in thailand

Good manners and courtesy are universally appreciated....including letting another (stranger - to boot) spend time with their companion....why would anyone question this.....? Basic life 101....

No, good manners and courtesy are definitely not universally appreciated.

In all too many of the 50+ countries I've been in, I've experienced a barely suppressed hostility on the part of the locals.

Thailand, if you get away from Bangkok and the tourist areas is a well known exception among knowledgeable travellers.

Edited by JingerBen

I'd imagine people would cross the road to avoid the OP.......everything else is merely his imagination.

Now he's back on the Gold Coast 'hangin' with his bros & lookin sick all the Thai stuff is irrelevant.

Pffffftttttt no way mate i now live in auckland nz and Realised i no longer need to goto pattaya to pick up middle aged thai women as there is enuff promiscous 40 something cambo and thai women in my area less the risk of an embarrasing trip to the countless vd clinics available .

Edited by Rangsitreppin
  • Like 1

I'd imagine people would cross the road to avoid the OP.......everything else is merely his imagination.

Now he's back on the Gold Coast 'hangin' with his bros & lookin sick all the Thai stuff is irrelevant.

Pffffftttttt no way mate i now live in auckland nz and Realised i no longer need to goto pattaya to pick up middle aged thai women as there is enuff promiscous 40 something cambo and thai women in my area less the risk of an embarrasing trip to the countless vd clinics available .

Woohoo! Sloppy (old) seconds!

But getting back on topic... are these Thai slappers in Auckland giving you the cold shoulder or are you just reminiscing (again)?

Woohoo! Sloppy (old) seconds!

But getting back on topic... are these Thai slappers in Auckland giving you the cold shoulder or are you just reminiscing (again)?

Personally I get more turned on pulling an on thai slapper in auckland than in thailand its more of a chase and they arent after your money here just company as they are often lonely thats the middle aged ones anyway the amount of time older thai women crack onto me in bus stops,grocery stores, pokie rooms and pubs . Edited by Rangsitreppin

yes - they are being polite… if i am out with my wife, it is rare that I will be approached. It would be considered an intrusion. I live in an area with few farang and I am often approached - by the curious and by people who want to practice their English...

Very much. Many people tell me that Thais will try to be nice with a farang on his own, but not if he's got company. That's born out by my own experiences. Alone can be very funny, but with someone and you have created a cocoon of your "partnership" which no-one wants to violate

dude you sound like dr. phill, man up a bit. not everyone needs to like you, i do not. :-)

Good manners and courtesy are universally appreciated....including letting another (stranger - to boot) spend time with their companion....why would anyone question this.....? Basic life 101....

No, good manners and courtesy are definitely not universally appreciated.

In all too many of the 50+ countries I've been in, I've experienced a barely suppressed hostility on the part of the locals.

Thailand, if you get away from Bangkok and the tourist areas is a well known exception among knowledgeable travellers.

50+ countries is a pretty good indicator that you're a tourist and will be treated as such ;) My experience of living and working in many countries has been mixed, but Thailand rates very highly on the friendly list. As I said before - travelling alone is a very different experience to travelling as one half of a couple. Solo is much better for inter-acting with locals everywhere.

Very much. Many people tell me that Thais will try to be nice with a farang on his own, but not if he's got company. That's born out by my own experiences. Alone can be very funny, but with someone and you have created a cocoon of your "partnership" which no-one wants to violate

dude you sound like dr. phill, man up a bit. not everyone needs to like you, i do not. :-)

dude -- not everyone needs to man up -- some of us are men already ;) Friends are the measure of your worth.......

• Like 1

some people just have the social vibe and attract people to talk with them.

others put off the "i'm not approachable" vibe and people stay away from them.

I've had friends that could gather a group of strangers within an hour and another that would not meet anyone for a day or two. Both rather friendly people.

• Like 2