Do you find all the abbreviations a pain in the backside ?

KhnomKhnom

I agree some posters put abbreviations that mean nothing to most people, VPN, if you typed the full name it would mean nothing but as vpn its ok. iOS i assume is apples pile of rubbish, EC again i assume is electrol commision. KMITL is ok as long as somewhere the full name is in the thread, but in a few weeks the abbreviation will mean nothing.

but as for the rest, is it a time saver to abbreviate when we have all day to do nothing. cut and paste saves time without the brain searching

nancyL are you serious about using google, google NMG, CES, would anone be wiser.

make the post/thread easy to read, its far more enjoyable not to have to scratch your head, or do some research to get the guist of the post.

JMTCW ( Just my two cents worth )

Edited by steve187

NMG and CES are not trivial.

Google helps you with these search terms:

"NMG site:thaivisa.com" -> Nation Multimedia Group (Thaivisa mother company)

"CES site:thaivisa.com" -> ??

The article in the tech section is a BAD example how to use abbrevations.

http://tech.thaivisa.com/ces-2015-review-lots-noise-gems-smart-home/1867/

Only for the insiders it is clear that it is about the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Edited by KhunBENQ

NMG and CES are not trivial.

Google helps you with these search terms:

"NMG site:thaivisa.com" -> Nation Multimedia Group (Thaivisa mother company)

"CES site:thaivisa.com" -> ??

The article in the tech section is a BAD example how to use abbrevations.

http://tech.thaivisa.com/ces-2015-review-lots-noise-gems-smart-home/1867/

Only for the insiders it is clear that it is about the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

So are you saying to follow a thread you must do a thaivisa specific google search ? OMG

as i said its ok to abbreviate if the full name is in the thread title, but to make them up on the fly out of lazyness is just that lazy

JMTCW

Edited by steve187
  • Like 2

Abbreviations are way overused on Thaivsa, but I think the trend is for more. Pretty soon they will have the "abbreviation police" be a violation of forum rules.

One should not have to run to Google to find out what the poster is talking about. Thaivisa does not allow languages other than English, yet any post in, say Spanish, could easily be translated with Google Translate. How about we start allowing Spanish?

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 2

Abbreviations are way overused on Thaivsa, but I think the trend is for more. Pretty soon they will have the "abbreviation police" be a violation of forum rules.

One should not have to run to Google to find out what the poster is talking about. Thaivisa does not allow languages other than English, yet any post in, say Spanish, could easily be translated with Google Translate. How about we start allowing Spanish?

Que? Por favor

• Like 1

What does mean,

I presume it is rude and got it to mean Mother in law fun, Knowing my ex mother in law she had a face like a slapped trout,

But, being a mother in law myself i just smile and pretend i don't understand a word anyone is saying. So i can be fun.

FOUSB.

Edited by Patsycat

• 2 weeks later...