I like 3 in 1 but not the lumpy bits

krisb

I stirred my morning 3 in 1 for over a minute thinking that's got all the lumpy bits, I can't see them anymore. Wrong, still heaps of them.

It's gotta be the powdered milk?

How do you get rid of them all or is it not possible?

Not to be a smart ass, but I don't drink coffee, however, to add something of potential minute value, know there is now

1. cholesterol-free skim milk in British Columbia, so if they can do it here...

it will be in LOS sooner or later...same with

2. unsweetened yogurt, and

3. ***protein powder, with no added sugar or cholesterol..thumbsup.gif

***reminder to self to bring 3 kilos next trip to Phuket

wai2.gif

Personally 3-1 should not be classified as coffee. Look closely at the ingredients, 55% sugar is it? Rediculous.

I would usually have 1 sugar in my coffee anyway so 55% sugar is not much more than 1 tea spoon of sugar.

Personally 3-1 should not be classified as coffee. Look closely at the ingredients, 55% sugar is it? Rediculous.

I would usually have 1 sugar in my coffee anyway so 55% sugar is not much more than 1 tea spoon of sugar.

http://products.nestle.ca/en/brands/coffee/nescafe/nescafe-3-in-1.aspx found this online, not sure about other brands.

suffice to say, I would get a good coffee, espresso will do, add a small teaspoon of un-refined sugar and there you go.

part of http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/lifestyle/9391-coffee-benefits-may-not-extend-to-3-in-1.html :

Nevertheless, it does appear that coffee is good for you. Unfortunately the additional ingredients in 3-in-1 are certainly not beneficial and may be harmful. As with many of the public health challenges we face in Myanmar, a strong regulatory agency and consumer awareness will be important in allowing people to safely realise the benefits of coffee.

I might force this muck down my throat if accompanied by a whiskey. With unnecessarily luxurious coffee grinders at ฿3800.- it's not surprising that few Thais know anything about decent coffee let alone sell it. You can walk past aisles of 'coffee' in BigC or Macro and find nothing that I would describe as coffee. Arabica is also difficult to find, ground or not. i have to travel 2 hours to find a place that sells coffee beans that are usable. Ok, rant over, peace and love..

... drink coffee?

Second biggest commodity in the world.

lot of people (obviously including cooked and me..) would not qualify 3-in-1 to be coffee... for me, the only thing I call coffee is Nespresso... expensive but my #1.

but for 3-in-1 in emergency cases - the secret of not having lumpy bits is hot water. What I do is wait for it to be boiling, switch off the kettle and once the bubbling stopped, I immediately pour it over the powder and never experience lumps.

Amazing how many people insist that we should drink/eat only what they like w00t.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

I enjoy the food snobs here, they are so easy to rile up. I imagine they read their own posts back to themselves in their best Victorian accent and then say something like, here here, that's the stuff.

• Like 1

... drink coffee?

lot of people (obviously including cooked and me..) would not qualify 3-in-1 to be coffee... for me, the only thing I call coffee is Nespresso... expensive but my #1.

but for 3-in-1 in emergency cases - the secret of not having lumpy bits is hot water. What I do is wait for it to be boiling, switch off the kettle and once the bubbling stopped, I immediately pour it over the powder and never experience lumps.

There are a lot other good coffees beside Nespresso.....But 3-in-1 is not one of it.

• Like 2

Amazing how many people insist that we should drink/eat only what they like w00t.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

I enjoy the food snobs here, they are so easy to rile up. I imagine they read their own posts back to themselves in their best Victorian accent and then say something like, here here, that's the stuff.
Just as I cannot understand it when people say they have no sense of rhyme I cannot understand why people accuse me of being a snob because I won't eat factory processed muck.

sent from phone using bih thumbs

While the kettle is waiting to reach boiling point, about half way through pour 1/2 inch of hot water into the cup, and stir in the powder, then when boiled add the rest and continue to stir...all gone , no lumps. Make gravy the same way biggrin.png

... drink coffee?

I hate the smell of coffee, so I have never drank it, same goes for alcohol, that's why I'm a lifelong teetotaler, besides, I thought 3 in 1 was hot chocolate.

I put it in a water bottle full of cold water and shake the *%&$ out of it. It gets rid of all the lumps and I can get my quick dose of caffeine and be on my way.

I'm not gonna bother boiling water unless it is for real coffee. 3 in 1 is purely for getting caffeine.

• Like 1