'Democracy has died in Thailand today': Thai ex-PM Yingluck

webfact

Just my objective point of view

Thai junta's victory over Yingluck has proven Thai democracy one giant step backwards as Thai people fails to achieve a legal representation of their interests in a convincing way.

It is your subjective point of view as it is your opinion.

My subjective point of view is that Thai people failed to achieve a legal representation of their interests in a convincing way with the 2011 election, given 1/3 of the registered voters didn't even bother to show up and the Phuea Thai party got less than half of those that did show up.

The junta had nothing to do with that. One of the things the new political system will try to achieve is to get more people interested in elections at the grass root level.

yes it will be "you can vote for any of the candidates in your constituency as long as they are yellow" and THAT is what is going to happen (eventually). The ammart will put in laws and a constitution which blocks dissent and protest and ensures only there 'on message' stooges get elected

I like your confidence, 'it will be', 'will put', 'what is going to happen'.

Are you also good at predicting the Stock Exchange and share movements?

If you don't realise that the rice scheme was manufactured and managed to fail and impeach Yingluck by the ammart and conceived long ago in order to crush any opposition to the military/yellow rule . . well, you are dafter than Suthep and Prayuth together

Wow........ and all life on earth is manipulated by the aliens living on Jupiter. Shielded from our prying eyes into space by their superior technology.

Or are you still sitting in the bar somewhere coming up with these theories because you have nothing better to do?

no not from Jupiter but it is EXACTLY what has happened and if you fail to grasp it I wonder if you are really from the same planet as humanity as even my 12 year old Thai niece 'get's it'

To suggest that some already had plans to use the not yet mentioned RPPS to bring down Yingluck seems to stress faith and imagination a wee bit.

BTW I cannot blame the 12-year old for the education she gets, but I wonder about her teachers.

• Like 1

Thai junta's victory over Yingluck has proven Thai democracy one giant step backwards as Thai people fails to achieve a legal representation of their interests in a convincing way.

My subjective point of view is that Thai people failed to achieve a legal representation of their interests in a convincing way with the 2011 election, given 1/3 of the registered voters didn't even bother to show up and the Phuea Thai party got less than half of those that did show up.

The junta had nothing to do with that. One of the things the new political system will try to achieve is to get more people interested in elections at the grass root level.

yes it will be "you can vote for any of the candidates in your constituency as long as they are yellow" and THAT is what is going to happen (eventually). The ammart will put in laws and a constitution which blocks dissent and protest and ensures only there 'on message' stooges get elected

I will be delighted to be wrong and IF they let the PTP freely stand without let or hindrance I will be happy to say i was wrong but until that fantasy comes true from this unelected military Junta I shall hold to my view that this is ALL a grand manipulation by the yellow ammart and you will keep living in your fascist 'heaven'

one of us is obviously wrong - let's see

• Like 2

If you don't realise that the rice scheme was manufactured and managed to fail and impeach Yingluck by the ammart and conceived long ago in order to crush any opposition to the military/yellow rule . . well, you are dafter than Suthep and Prayuth together

Wow........ and all life on earth is manipulated by the aliens living on Jupiter. Shielded from our prying eyes into space by their superior technology.

Or are you still sitting in the bar somewhere coming up with these theories because you have nothing better to do?

no not from Jupiter but it is EXACTLY what has happened and if you fail to grasp it I wonder if you are really from the same planet as humanity as even my 12 year old Thai niece 'get's it'

To suggest that some already had plans to use the not yet mentioned RPPS to bring down Yingluck seems to stress faith and imagination a wee bit.

BTW I cannot blame the 12-year old for the education she gets, but I wonder about her teachers.

it's not about the RPPS you should do some reading outside of your beloved 'The Nation'.

It's about things we 'cannot discuss' and if you don't get that then there is no hope for you old boy

yes it will be "you can vote for any of the candidates in your constituency as long as they are yellow" and THAT is what is going to happen (eventually).

BINGO!!!

It is disgusting and inexcusable to make up excuses to go against the majorities wishes when they do not support your agenda, but it is not surprising coming from the same people that cheer terrorist attacks until they are told it is inappropriate. It is simply silencing the majority and makes one no better off than the Junta that they purport to distain because of that very same reason of not listening to the majority.

The reds cancerous approach on how it treated the majority began with the 2007 constitution referendum. That one did not suit the shin regime even though in their strongholds the majority overwhelmingly voted against the constitution. So because it did not suit the agenda that majority was denounced.

Then we move to the water management scheme the majority didn't want. That didn't suit the PTP agenda so they steadfastly refused to let the majority have a say in it (until the courts intervened)

Then we go to an amnesty bill the majority didn't want. That did not suit the PTP agenda so that majority was ignored.

Then we go to the failed 2014 elections. The majority made it very plain and clear they were not going to vote (in the areas there were no PDCR protestors. I had to say that because the reds blame a windy day on the PDRC) and the ones that did vote made it very clear they did not want the PTP.

Then we have every single poll up to yesterday. The majority ignored……AGAIN……..and more excuses made up with my favorite being "All the Thai people I know love yingluck"

Then we have todays poll. It is not the poll results that are interesting. It is obvious that with enough contempt for the voters this outcomes was inevitable, but what is interesting yet not surprising is the reaction to it.

It is this reaction that also contributes to why the majority are sick of the PTP. For years they have only been seen favorably when they suit the PTP or shin agenda. When they do not suit the agenda there is a 7% minority that intimidate then, denounce them or belittle them (including the "All the Thai's I know" falangs on this forum). The PTP reaction to the majority is dependent on if that majority will benefit them. When it doesn't they are treated like garbage. Just ask Plodprasop who called protestors garbage. Red shirts that intimidated and threatened farmers…FARMERS that voted for the PTP at election time, but dared go to Bangkok to protest because they simply wanted what the PTP promised then 6 times before the PDRC started protesting. And some think the majority won't have an indifferent view point on yingluck after that!!

That is how the PTP treat their majority when their majority does not support them.

When the largest protests in history came out to voice disapproval for the amnesty it was joined by all sides yet the 7%'s and some on this forum suggested it was a minority and denounced the millions that came out. They downplayed the numbers. They did what ever they could to not allow that majority to have a voice. They demonized them and belittled them all because they protested that their voice was not represented in parliament by the PTP. Yet when 3 kids from a university stand in front of Prayut and show 3 fingers they play that one up as representative of an overwhelming majority. There is absolutely no logic behind this argument, but they play these illogical majority cards with as much thought as a drunk sailor with $5 to his name trying to win $10 so he can take the hooker home that is sucking his ear.

The next election results are already being boxed up in PTP wrapping through undercurrents of the cancoruos disrespect for the majority with comments stating that if the PTP don't win it is because the Junta did this or that or because the constitution will allow this or not allow that. Not because the majority are sick of the PTP mind you. Those comments are not the sign of a rational thinker and only shows an underlying fundamentalist outlook.

It might be time for some radical fundamentalists to start respecting results even when it does not go their way. What will they do in the future when the majority does not suit their agenda and there is no martial law? Throw grenades again.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

I will be delighted to be wrong and IF they let the PTP freely stand without let or hindrance I will be happy to say i was wrong but until that fantasy comes true from this unelected military Junta I shall hold to my view that this is ALL a grand manipulation by the yellow ammart and you will keep living in your fascist 'heaven'

I didn't say what I think on this, so your 'one of us is obviously wrong' suggest you simply assume without proof you're right.

BTW if the Pheu Thai party is to freely stand without let and hindrance they must first get rid of their pay master. Furthermore you following with 'yellow amart', 'fascist heaven' and so indicates a clear bias which seems to blind you a wee bit.

I didn't say what I think on this, so your 'one of us is obviously wrong' suggest you simply assume without proof you're right.

BTW if the Pheu Thai party is to freely stand without let and hindrance they must first get rid of their pay master. Furthermore you following with 'yellow amart', 'fascist heaven' and so indicates a clear bias which seems to blind you a wee bit.

Indeed I AM biased - never claimed I was not:

Biased towards democracy

Biased towards fairness

Biased towards Thai people having freedoms of expression and dissent

and

Biased against fascism - you are right!!! (for once - a rare thing which deserves to be highlighted RUBL IS RIGHT)

Biased against vindictiveness

Biased against an elite who manipulate ordinary, decent Thai people

and a wee bit biased against foolish and naive TVF posters!!!

Guilty as Charged M'Lud

it's not about the RPPS you should do some reading outside of your beloved 'The Nation'.

It's about things we 'cannot discuss' and if you don't get that then there is no hope for you old boy

and since its about things we allegedly cannot discuss you use that to make a point which cannot be clearly dismissed without going into things we cannot discuss? 'The Trial' from Kafka comes to mind.

Anyway for Ms Yingluck democracy has died as she feels prosecuted for having done like the good girl she is, what her brother told her to do.

Edited by rubl

Biased towards democracy

Biased towards fairness

and

Biased against fascism - you are right!!! (for once - a rare thing which deserves to be highlighted RUBL IS RIGHT)

Guilty as Charged M'Lud

You forgot the bias towards Amply rich people being granted the democratic right to rape the country. Plus bias against objectivity.

BTW just to clear a misunderstanding, you're not charged.

Yingluck's version of democracy: 'we win the election, we get to do as we please with no censure until someone else wins the election. The end'.

How this women ever got this far in life amazes me, luckily her brother gave her a job.

" we get to do as we please with no censure until someone else wins the election."

How is this any different from the supposed leader of the free world Barack Obama with his " I've got a pen and I've got a phone " attitude (and I can completely disregard the US Constitution?)blink.png

Edited by midas

junta cheerleaders out in force.

have fun. enjoy the news.

And remember...

if you do nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear...

CheerLeader1.gif

Obviously leading an illegal coup is a far less serious crime than winning the mandate of the voters. This place gets more like animal farm all the time, Prayuth is like Napoleon and any election winner Snowball, to be persecuted with a trumped up charge and hopefully chased off the farm. What happened to 'reconciliation'? or was that just for some of the pigs biggrin.png

PTP GOOD governance ??? JOKE Trumped up charge what is the loss 700 billion ???? JOKE.

Suppose the Yingluck cheer leaders Want her back to repeat the same sort of governing...JOKE. don't blame me--you posted what you did.

do you write random texts after selecting a random post to reply to?

Who the heck are you a wanna be mod ?? your post doe's not contain anything to do with the topic. Is this all your denial can offer ?? attack a poster who is surely with the Majority. I can assume you have not much to say about the topic as it must leave a lump in your throat. Sorry it hurts, and I feel so sorry for Yingluck who shot herself in the foot because she listened to her brother.

In response to mr. Jag, in my 7 years doing business in Thailand I have never won an argument, and believe me there were many.

When Thai rak Thai kicks in you as farang better take a walk.

Reminds me of a farang lunch in Phitsanulok where the host of the farangs got into an argument with the manager of the restaurant. The poor guy got so angry and frustrated that he took a bunch of plates and smashed them to the tile floor. The sudden show of many managers made it worse. Police was called.

Do you recognize yourself here?

Needless to say the hotel lost the business of the many years old wednesday farang lunch.

Not that they care !!!

Biased towards democracy

Biased towards fairness

and

Guilty as Charged M'Lud

Then you are bias against Thaksin, or don't you realize what you have just posted ?

So, you wouldn't support new elections, or is it only under your terms?

BTW, you throw the word Ammart around like you know what it means. You would be surprised at how many different definitions there are. How do you define it?

Don't you realize that in the 2011 election the democrats were prevented from campaigning in the red areas, there was even a Dem canvasser killed for having the temerity to try.

There were reliable reports at the time of that election by people who lived in the villages, of intimidation of voters by village heads where the whole village had to vote PT.

I remember one poster on here saying his wife's family voted Democrat and were ostracized on the orders of village head.

There was no need for vote buying in these areas for there is a village fund and the threat was made that if your village does not vote for us you will not get the fund.

These things happened and are documented.

This is exactly what must be prevented and all parties must be given a fair chance to be heard in all electorates, that is why there must be changes and if these changes work against the previous intimidation and threats of the Thaksin proxy parties then that is only because they are the worst offenders.

post-12069-0-99088400-1422102573_thumb.j

Do you know what that is ? I will tell you . That is a group of reds who followed the Dems around to their meetings and did their best to disrupt and intimidate anyone from going to listen. (where would they have got the money to do that ?)

In this instance they were blocking the main gate and the road to the school where the meeting was held, they were making as much noise as possible and those who wanted to attend had to walk more than a hundred meters through a temple to get there after the police blocked a side gate, the police then stood by and did nothing.

• Like 2

Very selective Robbie nz considering it was worldwide news how the yellow dems stopped the voting public from even getting to to a polling booth to even get their chance to vot which was not only legal but constitutional at the time.

Yet you seem to ignore this fact and really it doesn't natter which side you happen to support or what outcome that election may have had the fact is under the law it was leaf a land what's happening now is not.

If an election was held and the yellow dems got in and thrown the PTP out no problem at least it was done by the people for better or for worse.

Don't you realize that in the 2011 election the democrats were prevented from campaigning in the red areas, there was even a Dem canvasser killed for having the temerity to try.

There were reliable reports at the time of that election by people who lived in the villages, of intimidation of voters by village heads where the whole village had to vote PT.

I remember one poster on here saying his wife's family voted Democrat and were ostracized on the orders of village head.

There was no need for vote buying in these areas for there is a village fund and the threat was made that if your village does not vote for us you will not get the fund.

These things happened and are documented.

This is exactly what must be prevented and all parties must be given a fair chance to be heard in all electorates, that is why there must be changes and if these changes work against the previous intimidation and threats of the Thaksin proxy parties then that is only because they are the worst offenders.

attachicon.gifDSC_1231.JPG

Do you know what that is ? I will tell you . That is a group of reds who followed the Dems around to their meetings and did their best to disrupt and intimidate anyone from going to listen. (where would they have got the money to do that ?)

In this instance they were blocking the main gate and the road to the school where the meeting was held, they were making as much noise as possible and those who wanted to attend had to walk more than a hundred meters through a temple to get there after the police blocked a side gate, the police then stood by and did nothing.

Thank you for bringing this up. Some will remain in denial and pictures won't help, but it is one reason why I laugh everytime I read that the PT were democratically elected.

Very selective Robbie nz considering it was worldwide news how the yellow dems stopped the voting public from even getting to to a polling booth to even get their chance to vot which was not only legal but constitutional at the time.

Yet you seem to ignore this fact and really it doesn't natter which side you happen to support or what outcome that election may have had the fact is under the law it was leaf a land what's happening now is not.

If an election was held and the yellow dems got in and thrown the PTP out no problem at least it was done by the people for better or for worse.

So, if both sides were allowed to stop the other, what kind of democracy did Thailand have? Don't you think election reforms are needed.

Yes I select the worst, what I have seen and what is the truth you select what you have been conned into believing.

Have you seen this :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700555-unpaid-thai-rice-farmers-allege-intimidation-as-protest-ends/ BANGKOK: -- After claiming they had been pressured by intimidation, the farmers dispersed Tuesday evening and had no idea when long-overdue payments from the government's rice-pledging scheme would arrive.

"We don't know what to do next," Siraprapha Kukhong, 49, one of the protest leaders, said yesterday.

Another protest leader, Chatree Ampoon, could not be reached for comment following reports that red shirts and officials had intimidated his wife over his participation in the protest. "She called him about the threats she faced. He was overwhelmed and cried. Many of us cried with him," Siraprapha said.

This is the kind of democracy you support, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Incidentally I don't support any side only the truth, look the word up sometime.

• Like 1

Only the junta can hold a press conference. Her freedom of speech has been denied. Shame on this junta for being so one sided with one voice. And not the voice of the people.

Then why does she not say what she wants to say to the Thai people and post it on her face book, she still seems to chat a lot on there about the Junta and everyone else.

binjalin is dead right and a lot of posters here will soon get the Government they want and deserve.

Well done.

A couple of years later, 30 million disenfranchised Thai voters will make their voice heard and you won't like it.

Look at:

S. Korea.

H.K

Phils

Japan

Any country you care to name.

At some time in the future, the military will have to cede control.

At that point, expect ructions.

And it's got sod all to do with Thaksin or Yingluck.

• Like 2

binjalin is dead right and a lot of posters here will soon get the Government they want and deserve.

Well done.

A couple of years later, 30 million disenfranchised Thai voters will make their voice heard and you won't like it.

Look at:

S. Korea.

H.K

Phils

Japan

When the military cedes control it will be to an elected government. Some people will want to get involved and some will sit on the sidelines and complain. So it goes.

the new prime minister just gave each rice farmer 1,000 baht for each rie of land they had up to 15,000 so what is the differant in what he did and what she did they both say they did what they did to help the rice farmer.

• Like 2

Well done.

Look at:

S. Korea.

H.K

Phils

Japan

Ah, so your post has nothing to do with the topic of Ms. Yingluck posting on facebook and even refering to her Ulan Batar speech which also had the remarks on her poor, persecuted brother ?

Shouldn't you try to find the correct topic then?