Hooters opening in Pattaya!

MZurf

The last Hooters I was in was in Tokyo a few years ago. Took my wife there as she wanted to know what it was all about (I didn't want to go, honest!wink.png) . As with most things she took it all in stride and we ended up having a fun couple of hours. Must admit it gave me a bit of a chuckle when the tiny (but very well endowed by Japanese standards) waitresses bellowed "WELCOME TO HOOTERS!!" as we walked through the door.

Maybe Hooters isn't for Pattaya, but what about a gay equivalent of it? What would you call a gay version of Hooters?

Big Dick's.

The last time I was in Puerto Vallarta Hooters seemed to be doing really well ... but so many Americans there ...

I never went to a Hooters. I guess, it's a American thing. Only looking but no touching. Then i prefer a Beer Bar with some chicks, beers and street-food.

Me either, never been and never will go.

What's the opposite of a bucket list?

A shit list

• Like 1

I am going to have to say this is the best burger I have ever had in Thailand. All amerian restaurant 2nd and pastrami on rye I would give 3rd. I'v not been to a hooters back in the states since moving over here 15 years ago but the wings tasted the same as I remember. I got the spicy which is not really spicy at all but they were excellent, The spicy wings at NY pizza are great also and much cheaper as that family is from of up state NY so they know buffalo wings. Cheese burger 490b wings 410b sales tax and 10% service added to bill.

The Hostest told me they have 7 female Russian staff working there.

Well, all the fat boys will be happy with this news....??

post-53398-0-64539200-1452479268_thumb.j

What a PITY !!!! We just went to HOOTERS for the third time, but this time we turned "at the gates to heaven". Still this absolutely horrific band, which was the man reason we left. The song they played was so "out-of sync" it was beyond amateurish. There were about 40 guests in total, few waitresses, the funny girl with a personality -mentioned before - trying to get guests coming in at the door. If you can't find a band that can really entertain the people, just get a fun DJ and start playing a good mix of oldies, soft rock with the occasional contemporary hit. Many of us would like a clean place with good food & drinks and great music. Keep trying! MS>

Went there on Sunday with a couple of friends. We drank some jugs of Asahi (which is decently priced). The beer nice and cool. Service on the slow side so you have to wave your arms around a bit. Sat on the seats facing the beach so we spent our time aimlessly speculating on the antics the other side of the road. We ordered some onion rings. A bit greasy, so not recommended. Also some chicken wings but they didn't arrive, not that we cared all that much after the third jug of beer. I thought the music inside was overly loud, so sitting away from it worked fine. The waitresses nice.

So summing up those posters who have been to Hooters it seems that they suffer from very slow poor service, greasy grossly overpriced food and a band that is so loud and bad that it drives people away at the front door.

<deleted> why would you bother unless you are a sadist or perhaps have a financial interest in the place.whistling.gif

• Like 2

So summing up those posters who have been to Hooters it seems that they suffer from very slow poor service, greasy grossly overpriced food and a band that is so loud and bad that it drives people away at the front door.

<deleted> why would you bother unless you are a sadist or perhaps have a financial interest in the place.whistling.gif

Stick with the jugs of beer and the seats facing the beach and it is fine.

What a PITY !!!! We just went to HOOTERS for the third time, but this time we turned "at the gates to heaven". Still this absolutely horrific band, which was the man reason we left. The song they played was so "out-of sync" it was beyond amateurish. There were about 40 guests in total, few waitresses, the funny girl with a personality -mentioned before - trying to get guests coming in at the door. If you can't find a band that can really entertain the people, just get a fun DJ and start playing a good mix of oldies, soft rock with the occasional contemporary hit. Many of us would like a clean place with good food & drinks and great music. Keep trying! MS>

Correct a the music - Pattaya has dreadful music which is helping to the Go Go bar scene. But that aside the music from Hooters is so loud it driving people out of hotels in Soi 13 and has led numerous complaints already to the city council. As for clean places - they abide all around. But the music is an insult in some places.

Stick with the jugs of beer and the seats facing the beach and it is fine.

And people were happy when they demolished the beer bars there. There must be more masochists around than I thought.
  • Like 2

Anyone remember all the comments made about Central Festival when it first opened? Never last. Would fall down due to poor construction. Over priced, no one would go, etc. It's still there and doing a good business

Apt comparison. Edited by Jingthing

Anyone remember all the comments made about Central Festival when it first opened? Never last. Would fall down due to poor construction. Over priced, no one would go, etc. It's still there and doing a good business

Apt comparison.

I don't think so.

Central Festival is a shopping mall of which there is nothing to compare in Pattaya.

Hooters is a bar of which there are thousands in Pattaya and it is an overpriced one at that.

Lots of places to shop as well, much cheaper than overpriced Central.

It all depends what you are shopping for; bigcamera/powerbuy/banana it and the shoe shops (forgot the names) you see all over Thailand, have exactly the same price in any shop.

Okay sure if you go to a special branded clothes/shoe/bag shop, you pay top $ as you would do almost anywhere in SEA.

We walked past Hooters this last weekend app 12 non time and it looks very nice I must say, looks like they are still finishing off the final details.

Looks like an expat manager there.

I might pop in for a drink one day.

I forgot to add: BKK Thais and other well off Asians might like it and keep the place packed during weekends, time will tell.

Also being a large chain, they will be supported if they can't earn money and will likely hire different managers if they don't earn enough money.

Edited by guzzi850m2

3rd. visit lat night from 19.30 - 23.00

-Obviously still staff problems with few girls on the floor. Will be very difficult to resolve with state of local work-ethics!

-Good mixture of guests, about 60% occupied on gr. floor. OK for Monday and compared to other venues.

-Band shows some improvement, but is just the wrong venue for them to play, also too loud. Why does HOOTERS Pattaya have to have

a live bad at all?? Plenty of loud venues down the road. Play some great music, re-arrange the speakers for quality and not volume and people might stay and enjoy themselves.Seen very few groups staying on after dinner.

-Add couple big screens out-front.

-Try to somehow get a warmer feel to the place to pull in people. Lights? Candle glasses along beachfront bar, torches?

-DJ tries to entertain, but same bull-ride routine and all girls doing their pathetic dance routines - sorry Thais just can't move - every hour or so.

Certainly quite boring and trivial after second visit.

-Waitresses still running around trying to match food to tables & guests, while food gets cold. Jez..., after almost 3 weeks this should not happen anymore. Train your staff! Get a system going.

-Another problem will be girls with the typical local "I am beautiful attitude & faces" There are a couple natural smiley ones, but just not enough. The best one was missing last night, a little speedy and very attentive, funny and friendly waitress with great E. Will be tough to find natural ones

who realize working is part of life in most parts of the world and for most people.

-Food was good and portions huge. Took a while, but that is fine......

-Get a dedicated couple girls to set-up or rather clean tables. What a mess!!

-Get a floor manager, that knows what he is doing, the skinny Farang looks totally lost and just does not present enough for a place like this. Neither does he catch up on people wanting to order, pay or on dirty tables or problems with guests, that girls can't resolve themselves.

>>>>> Train staff....It is just the wrong vibes & feel, still. And guests do feel this and do comment on it.

Some improvements, but still no HOOTERS atmosphere, still an overall amateurish feel to the entire operation.

Keep going guys and make it happen! Plenty of us want you to be successful! MS>

Edited by moonseeker
  • Like 1

who really knows if it is doing good business? It's busy certainly at certain times but that may be due to the air-con and large car park.

Large what now?

Large car park. Like about 10-12 levels

Do try to keep up...tongue.png

At Hooters?

Do try and not derail the thread.

premium pricing but low standards elsewhere.

taken this afternoon

attachicon.gifjan 18 019 (Custom).JPG

Why are you taking pictures of shirtless blokes on the front deck at Hooters anyway?

Thank you for drawing attention to this post.

I have now removed the pictures, people sitting in a private area do not expect to have their photos taken and put on a public board.

• Like 1