A Shame

HeijoshinCool

I was expecting maybe one or two responses to my recent post, "Yet Another Thing I Love About My Wife." Then I figured it would die. Being gushy and all.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/794875-yet-another-reason-i-love-my-wife/

But, turns out I was wrong. People liked it. Go figure.

Shame a post very much about Thailand (my Thai wife; Thai attitudes towards dogs; Thai vets; leaving your pet behind in Thailand) was moved to Plants and Pets.

Especially since it mostly was about my wife's undying loyalty and love. Dooley, as much as I love him, was secondary to the story. It was really about my wife, who is neither pet, nor plant.

And it seems TV members were appreciative of an OP, and its ensuing thread, that did not contain the usual vitriolic comments and arguing.

Take a look at some of the comments. Why not put it back in General, and see what happens? Why kill it in Plants and Pets?

Thanks.

• Like 1

General topics

A forum for general interest & discussion topics related to Thailand only and not covered by other sub forums.

The General Forum is not a place for chit chat, banter and daily life observations. Those sort of topics should be placed in the Farang

It happens quite frequently that topics mistakenly started in "General topics" get moved to the forum where they belong. If this were not done, we might as well close all other forums and have only "General topics", but this is not the idea.

HeijoshinCool, you say that your post is "mostly was about my wife's undying loyalty and love. Dooley, as much as I love him, was secondary to the story", yet your parenthetical prologue to your love story reads "If you don’t love dogs, or you maintain Thais don’t love dogs, don’t bother reading this". This alone, without having to read the entire post, would also have led me to move the topic the Pets forum. I wouldn't have counted the number of incidences of "undying loyalty and love" on the one hand and "dog" on the other hand to arrive at a decision whether to move the topic to the Pets forum or the Expat Life forum, either of which would apparently have been suitable places based on your description in this topic. The choice was originally yours, but as you did not make it a member of the moderating team had to do it.

I pointed out your emphasis on the dog in your prologue to your story, and I see that also in this post, when describing that other topic, your dog and its life has a predominant position (highlighting in bold is mine): "my Thai wife; Thai attitudes towards dogs; Thai vets; leaving your pet behind in Thailand"

Even before the topic was moved to Pets, the vast majority of of replies, excluding the insensitive nonsense posts, were about the dog and your loss of it. This is confirmation, if any were needed, that the move to Pets was correct.

So that this present topic will not degrade into a discussion of a specific moderation action, which would be a violation of forum rules, I am now closing it.

mfr_closed1.gif