Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Who have we spent 100m on?

That exaggeration aside, if your squad isn’t good enough in depth blame your owners for doing naff in the summer

I think its more about a 560m (or is it now more?) spend and your left and right back costing more than our first choice starting eleven....but thats old news, no exaggerations at all aside.

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I didn't watch the England game.

How good is / can be, Winks? 

Juries out. Attacks wellenuf and good close control so operates well under pressure   but to become established/ justify his place at club AND country needs to  add goals to his game, defensively he's borderline  poor.

31 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I didn't watch the England game.

How good is / can be, Winks? 

Winks has come through a nasty long term injury.  Cost in a world cup probably.  At this juncture he's a very tidy competent player that can hold a midfield well as he did against Real Madrid for example, prior to the injury but the question mark is whether of not he has the creative element to make him world class,  that remains to be seen.  He has great work ethic and very well grounded.  I suppose we'll see.

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

^^ Fair enough. We'll probably leave him alone in the January window then. 

God forbid i'd want him anywhere near Jose's toxic management style. That would be another young player who's confidence could potentially be trashed in the media outbursts in order to deflect from Jose's failings.  He'll flourish under Poch though!!  And correct me if i'm wrong but in the last window you didn't leave alone a couple of players but they chose to leave United and Jose alone.  Go figure!!!

Edited by carmine

5 hours ago, carmine said:

I think its more about a 560m (or is it now more?) spend and your left and right back costing more than our first choice starting eleven....but thats old news, no exaggerations at all aside.

Yes, we are all probably aware by now how much City have spent in total. But you said "And then you go and spend 100m on replacement!! " Replacement as in singular not plural, indicating you meant we had spent 100m on a single player, which we haven't

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yes, we are all probably aware by now how much City have spent in total. But you said "And then you go and spend 100m on replacement!! " Replacement as in singular not plural, indicating you meant we had spent 100m on a single player, which we haven't

I hear Pogba is available in Jan.

22 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I hear Pogba is available in Jan.

There was a time that Tottenham was our feeder club, and we took who we wanted.

But like a colonial power that has raped and pillaged through a country many times over, we became disinterested, and let you have a bit of independence. After all, you are harmless. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

There was a time that Tottenham was our feeder club, and we took who we wanted.

But like a colonial power that has raped and pillaged through a country many times over, we became disinterested, and let you have a bit of independence. After all, you are harmless. 

Forgotten your thrashing at Old Trafford eh?

Just now, RickG16 said:

I judge teams by those big shiney things you hold up when you actually win something. Not by an isolated result or a likeable manager. 

Rick seriously you need to tone it down a bit your coming across a bit like an islander. Bottom line is your team had 1 good result so far this season and the rest of the time has been an utter embarrassment and that's why those United fans are dwindling the same way the Arsenal fans have. It's only going way 1 way from here kidda and it might not be too far down but it's certainly steadying at mediocre

49 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Rick seriously you need to tone it down a bit your coming across a bit like an islander. Bottom line is your team had 1 good result so far this season and the rest of the time has been an utter embarrassment and that's why those United fans are dwindling the same way the Arsenal fans have. It's only going way 1 way from here kidda and it might not be too far down but it's certainly steadying at mediocre

Na... I don't need to tone it down to Spurs or Liverpool. Because you never win anything. 

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

OK, fair enough, whats the odd 50m difference here and there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Pep wouldn't touch him with a barge pole

In different times at different clubs i'm not so sure about that. But two things i am sure about is; at City he has no need for him and two, if he was Pogba's manager he would be getting one Helluva lot more from him than Jose has.  

But the, same could be said with Sanchez, Shaw, Martial, Rashford, and possibly the entire United squad bar of course Fellaini, a player that he would have little of no use for, unless Pep decided to change to route one lump it up the field football which i doubt!!

5 hours ago, carmine said:

In different times at different clubs i'm not so sure about that. But two things i am sure about is; at City he has no need for him and two, if he was Pogba's manager he would be getting one Helluva lot more from him than Jose has.  

But the, same could be said with Sanchez, Shaw, Martial, Rashford, and possibly the entire United squad bar of course Fellaini, a player that he would have little of no use for, unless Pep decided to change to route one lump it up the field football which i doubt!!

Everyone is blaming murry , but really whats occuring?  murry has a system and historically IT WINS i dont particulary like it but it wins  and if  these bunch of widely travelled international footballers cant shine in that system..who is that down to? murry or the players? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

You know I know. Simple as that. 

Poor understanding of your team and the cogs in it.

OK right so lets go back to R2D2 logic and understanding of the game.  

I was surprised when Liverpool  drew a league game and lost a CL game you didn't start bleating on about them being in "crisis", because we all all know how interested you are in seeing how these things pan out!!!????

You should tag up with BB, you make a great team!!????

Theres a few rumors swirling around regards our interest in Nathon Ake.  I think there is a genuine interest here.  He's 23yo,  a left sided center back, a position we have no natural cover now that Vertonghen is crocked.  Are can also be deployed as a left back and is quick on his feet, all traits that Pochettino looks for.  He's also in our price range.

The whole of europe is watching De Ligt who is brilliant (and right sided i believe) and De Jong but in reality we would get hopelessly out bid for either of them so Ake looks highly feasible.  Add to all this Vertonghen is our senior player who isn'r getting any younger and will benefit from rotation.

Watch this space because we really have have to a bring in fresh legs in january.  Possibly no one else but this one makes perfect sense.

Edited by carmine

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Theres a few rumors swirling around regards our interest in Nathon Are.  I think there is a genuine interest here.  He's 23yo,  a left sided center back, a position we have no natural cover now that Vertonghen is crocked.  Are can also be deployed as a left back and is quick on his feet, all traits that Pochettino looks for.

The whole of europe is watching De Ligt who is brilliant (and right sided i believe) and De Jong but in reality we would get hopelessly out bid for either of them so Ake looks highly feasible.  Add to all this Vertonghen is our senior player who isn'r getting any younger and will benefit from rotation.

Watch this space because we really have have to a bring in fresh legs in january.  Possiably no one else but this one makes perfect sense.

Nathan Ake ?

Chelsea have a buy back clause on Ake .

If Chelsea dont want him, Tottenham can have him 

24 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Nathan Ake ?

Chelsea have a buy back clause on Ake .

If Chelsea dont want him, Tottenham can have him 

Thanks.  Chelsea have a habit of selling top drawer players for peanuts so hopefully this might be another.  Unless i've missed something....the bigger picture?

Edited by carmine

8 hours ago, carmine said:

OK right so lets go back to R2D2 logic and understanding of the game.  

I was surprised when Liverpool  drew a league game and lost a CL game you didn't start bleating on about them being in "crisis", because we all all know how interested you are in seeing how these things pan out!!!????

You should tag up with BB, you make a great team!!????

You and Alfie make an awful team but you come as a pair don't you.  Bottom line though. I have witnessed your mutterings of discontent with your board finally and I cannot disagree. Just takes you a while bit of trigg delay is all.