Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Are you using the definition as in to 'start suddenly and run away' or 'produce seed and die too quickly'

Now you're here Santi...sing us a Song will ya? smile.png

Oh all right then .... one for the over 50s

I'm leaving, on a jet plane

Don't know when I'll be back again

Oh babe, I hate to go...

• Like 1

To be honest, if I was a player I would chose the Spanish league also for the reason you say. :-)

I wish you a plague of red cards my friend. :)

I wish you to lose to the Toon.

Oh, wait, no need to wish! Demba Ba!

As predicted heavily on this thread.

We lack any attacking presence at all....Defoe did his best today but we need two new strikers as I have said all summer.

8th at best if we continue like this...and no criticism of the team or manager in saying that.

We lack any attacking presence at all....Defoe did his best today but we need two new strikers as I have said all summer.

8th at best if we continue like this...and no criticism of the team or manager in saying that.

Not predicted by you it seems lol

....we will bolt out of the starting blocks with a comfortable 3-1 win. thumbsup.gif

Not predicted by you it seems lol

....we will bolt out of the starting blocks with a comfortable 3-1 win. thumbsup.gif

Hi katana....nice to see you back again. rolleyes.gif and paying attention as usual....will you give us all a Song as well? biggrin.png

I didn't think we were that bad today. We definately deserved something from the game. Very unhappy about their 2nd goal. Piss poor by Spurs...those two are a defensive liability. Mindyou, we hit the post, hit the crossbar. All it did for me was highlight the need for a striker and some kind of replacement for Modric.

Why was Huddlestone ommitted from the squad. In his own words, he's fit. Why did he choose Gallas over Vertoghen or Caulker?

We could have had Demba Ba for 7m last seaon. Lets hope we sign the incredibly over paid Adebayor and Moutinho asap....and there won't be any good deals here. We'll have to pay top dollar and i really think Levy has for once messed up here.

I didn't think we were that bad today. We definately deserved something from the game. Very unhappy about their 2nd goal. Piss poor by Spurs...those two are a defensive liability. Mindyou, we hit the post, hit the crossbar. All it did for me was highlight the need for a striker and some kind of replacement for Modric.

Why was Huddlestone ommitted from the squad. In his own words, he's fit. Why did he choose Gallas over Vertoghen or Caulker?

We could have had Demba Ba for 7m last seaon. Lets hope we sign the incredibly over paid Adebayor and Moutinho asap....and there won't be any good deals here. We'll have to pay top dollar and i really think Levy has for once messed up here.

Yes carms, very tight game and it was always going to be a mistake to decide who won the game ! taking everything into consideration i though spurs done ok especially defencively with Friedel only having 2 shots to save.

Perhaps he thinks Hudd wasn't match fit or perhaps he just doesn't fancy him ! probaly played Gallas due to the physical aspect of the game and to be fair i though he played very well.

Yes carms, very tight game and it was always going to be a mistake to decide who won the game ! taking everything into consideration i though spurs done ok especially defencively with Friedel only having 2 shots to save.

Perhaps he thinks Hudd wasn't match fit or perhaps he just doesn't fancy him ! probaly played Gallas due to the physical aspect of the game and to be fair i though he played very well.

Oh don't get me wrong, i thought Gallas played well too. Whats going on with Dawson?

Levy must have left the ground with a very clear understanding of what is needed if he didn't already know. btw, i rate Livermore but as yet he's not Parkers level yet although he should make the transition this season. Parkers ageing and as you say he won't be able to play his high tempo game much past this season.

Thought we were unlucky in the first half and could and probably should have been walking in with a lead, but thats footie, as for their first goal, great finish, but how much time did our defenders give him <deleted> brought it down controlled it a pcked his sport someone, gallas probably should have been on him , bad defending , And as for the penalty, well it was just plain stupid by our players,. Thought that siggi showed v little, sandro tried but!!!!and defoe did his best and looked sharp, thought we really missed parkers energy and drive and abeboys physical presence. up front.

Still think we need Parker's experience.

Strikers.....give us a proper attacking threat.....who would fear playing us with only Defoe to worry about?

and yes I thought he played well yesterday.

Thats why we are buying a striker mate! biggrin.png We'd have won that game quite possibly with Ade and Parker but there you do.

They only had two shots on goal. Their first goal due to a poor header by Walker, the second was crap tackling by Lennon. As Rijit said, we should have gone in at HT with a lead.

We look shit hot on the break btw and Lennon and Bale are perfect for AVb style. I'm quite upbeat about things actually.

Strikers.....give us a proper attacking threat.....who would fear playing us with only Defoe to worry about?

Thats why we are buying a striker mate! biggrin.png We'd have won that game quite possibly with Ade and Parker but there you do.

They only had two shots on goal. Their first goal due to a poor header by Walker, the second was crap tackling by Lennon. As Rijit said, we should have gone in at HT with a lead.

We look shit hot on the break btw and Lennon and Bale are perfect for AVb style. I'm quite upbeat about things actually.

I don't understand why we are gonna spend £25m on Moutinho....buy another striker on top of Adebayor.....that's what we need imho....Livermore....Parker....Sandro....and <deleted> is going on with Hudd???

I don't understand that at all....Hudd before his injury was first name on the teamsheet.

I don't understand why we are gonna spend £25m on Moutinho....buy another striker on top of Adebayor.....that's what we need imho....Livermore....Parker....Sandro....and <deleted> is going on with Hudd???

I don't understand that at all....Hudd before his injury was first name on the teamsheet.

He wasn't first name on the teamsheet though was he. He is a great option though but apparently he's looked none too sharp in training. Slow and passing not up to the usualwink.png

What we need is a genuine attacking midfield that plays centrally and that player is the portugese. Id say thats an equal priority but when we secure him and Ade we are good to go. Just irritating that levys held on for so long. Atleast this Modric thing is for all intents and purposes over with.

Dont think We r buying muitinho, last thing that vb said was he was 2 much money but Yeah cant say that running with Kane as 3 rd choice striker fills me with optimism.

Edited by rijit

Ideally we would bring in three players....but think about games like Blackpool last season...25 shots on goal and we come away with nothing.

Its for those games when we need at least two strikers on the pitch that we need better than throwing on a youngster and hoping for the best.

In my opinion we are a laughing stock to hope for a top four place under these circumstances....

Ideally we would bring in three players....but think about games like Blackpool last season...25 shots on goal and we come away with nothing.

Its for those games when we need at least two strikers on the pitch that we need better than throwing on a youngster and hoping for the best.

In my opinion we are a laughing stock to hope for a top four place under these circumstances....

smile.png I think i want to top myself after reading thiswhistling.gif calm down will you!

One narrow away defeat to Newcastle does not constitute a disastrous season and the transfer window isn't even closed yet.

Theres an aweful lot happening in the coming days. Things will take their course.

Newcastle were lucky taking all the points and they know it. End of. Don't forget they are the best side in scotland

Edited by carmine

smile.png I think i want to top myself after reading thiswhistling.gif calm down will you!

One narrow away defeat to Newcastle does not constitute a disastrous season and the transfer window isn't even closed yet.

Theres an aweful lot happening in the coming days. Things will take their course.

Newcastle were lucky taking all the points and they know it. End of. Don't forget they are the best side in scotland

Its hard to take a deep breath when we are 11 days from the end of the window and have only one striker but I will give it a try.

I thought we looked OK yesterday....and I appreciate Newcastle are a tough side at home....its just stupidity not to have signed a striker by now...moan...moan...biggrin.png

Its hard to take a deep breath when we are 11 days from the end of the window and have only one striker but I will give it a try.

I thought we looked OK yesterday....and I appreciate Newcastle are a tough side at home....its just stupidity not to have signed a striker by now...moan...moan...biggrin.png

The whole striker thing is a separate issue. Its seems like its all about levy not understanding that invariably these days you have to spend top dollar.

I know i have been going on about Leandro damiao for months but i think this is the one that will haunt Levy. He should have bought him 18 months ago. Now theres no chance whatsoever.