Tottenham Thread

chonabot

http://www.standard....uy-8062934.html

There a lot of info in this particular article, all bullshit? perhaps not.

It would not surprise me at all if the Pjanic gossip has substance because you wouldn't leave your eggs in one basket dealing with Porto and related football agents and we may get shafter over Moutinho.

I hear the Adebayor deal was done today and we are in final negotiations with another strker. i am just praying that its Damiao although i'd be very surprised.

In truth the papers don't seem to know diddly squat so lets hope i've heard right about Ade

Listening to talk sport podcast keys and gray with tony gale as a guest and and they were raving and surprised no one been in for another player u fancied Carmine, Dembele, they were saying that he would well be a shoe in for Modric and probably not such silly money as porto and the likes are expecting, i didnt fancy him, but as always would be happy if the player were to prove me wrong.

Love to see Dembele at Spurs.

http://www.standard....uy-8062934.html

There a lot of info in this particular article, all bullshit? perhaps not.

It would not surprise me at all if the Pjanic gossip has substance because you wouldn't leave your eggs in one basket dealing with Porto and related football agents and we may get shafter over Moutinho.

I hear the Adebayor deal was done today and we are in final negotiations with another strker. i am just praying that its Damiao although i'd be very surprised.

In truth the papers don't seem to know diddly squat so lets hope i've heard right about Ade

Some talk about Llorente but if we bought him and Ade then we would have a problem as too who plays and no doubt tantrums from the one who doesn't, really need either an up and comimg who we could bring in gradually or an old timer who doesn't mind playing second fiddle, someone like Berb but obviously not him.

Can't see Llorente coming to us mate. Look at the wages he's on, something like 140k a week isn't it. Think he's rather overated personally, just a big lump upfront.

As revealed on here by carmine earlier.....http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19334854

Love that Citeh are picking up the difference....biggrin.png

Don't know about "picking up the difference mate...they're paying most of it!! What a fantastic deal for us, our player being paid by another clublaugh.png

What a strange cartoon world City have turned our football league into.

well that was a nice 8 mil ish down the swanny !!!! http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19330887

Did we sell him for nothing then Rij ? why are you always so negative Rij ( just like my old man) you should be thinking great, we got rid of some deadwood !

yeah i know what u mean my old mans EXACTLY the same, Maybe its an evacuees thing!!! But Dress it as you will but ultimately with bassong it

is a negative picture he didn't come up to scratch and was a poor and expensive signing and I think if we'd had made some dosh

levy's/spurs pr machine would/ and have

been in the past quick enuf to blow their trumpet ,were at least 7 ish down and i suppose the positive is that it's good to lower wages,but clearing

dead wodd aint a particulry positive pic alfie , it s more like pr talk for clutching at straws, weve fuc_ked up but lets not call it that lets just say ec ect

the other side of the picture is that these fringe players could be looked on as strength in depth, but there we go!!! I'm disappointed vb

didnt give Dawson more of a go, after his last 2? years of injury woe he's bound to be a little rusty and will probably need some time to 'get up

to speed' i would sooner have him in than gallas.but thats football. wish him well he's been a good player for us , but 7'25 mil plus add ons

aint bad money but who knows what would have happened if he hadnt suffered those injuries, they talk 22 for agger and 23 4 lescott ide

say 18 mnths ago he was up their with them

if not better !!!!

Pleased to see weve finally sorted out adeboy,he's a total fit for us and city are still paying big LOL , but how long

has he signed for us 12 mnths? no one seems to be saying

I see this as a step forward...trimming the squad and looking to bring in only top quality players.

Obviously the more the merrier! smile.png

Yep that always been the intention when we sign and release players, hasnt it smokes?,

fingers x'd it will work out and a well trimmed squad is enuf to get us in champ lge contention, cos from what ive seen so far a lot of

teams have stepped on and up

well that was a nice 8 mil ish down the swanny !!!! http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19330887

Did we sell him for nothing then Rij ? why are you always so negative Rij ( just like my old man) you should be thinking great, we got rid of some deadwood !

yeah i know what u mean my old mans EXACTLY the same, Maybe its an evacuees thing!!! But Dress it as you will but ultimately with bassong it

is a negative picture he didn't come up to scratch and was a poor and expensive signing and I think if we'd had made some dosh

been in the past quick enuf to blow their trumpet ,were at least 7 ish down and i suppose the positive is that it's good to lower wages,but clearing

dead wodd aint a particulry positive pic alfie , it s more like pr talk for clutching at straws, weve fuc_ked up but lets not call it that lets just say ec ect

the other side of the picture is that these fringe players could be looked on as strength in depth, but there we go!!! I'm disappointed vb

didnt give Dawson more of a go, after his last 2? years of injury woe he's bound to be a little rusty and will probably need some time to 'get up

to speed' i would sooner have him in than gallas.but thats football. wish him well he's been a good player for us , but 7'25 mil plus add ons

aint bad money but who knows what would have happened if he hadnt suffered those injuries, they talk 22 for agger and 23 4 lescott ide

if not better !!!!

Pleased to see weve finally sorted out adeboy,he's a total fit for us and city are still paying big LOL , but how long

Believe he's signed until 2016

Think he's rather overated personally, just a big lump upfront.

cough, splutter. underrated if anything mate. fantastic striker.

Very decent player, yes. Fantastic player, not in my book. For 140k a week, forget it. Mindyou thats a bargain for some clubs in the premier league i suppose.

Leandro Damiao over him all day long.

if not better !!!!

Believe he's signed until 2016

If thats the case,On the face of it looks one fuc_king good bit of business by levy.

Its an unbelievable bit of business especially since we need to buy one more.

If this happens it would be a fair bet that Defoe will be sold whilst he still commands a sell on value and AVB will use harry Kane as a 3rd striker. Defoe is 29 but we could still get around 8m.

If this happens it would be a fair bet that Defoe will be sold whilst he still commands a sell on value and AVB will use harry Kane as a 3rd striker. Defoe is 29 but we could still get around 8m.

we'll have defoe please. we are fuc_king crying out for a finisher.

• Like 1

If this happens it would be a fair bet that Defoe will be sold whilst he still commands a sell on value and AVB will use harry Kane as a 3rd striker. Defoe is 29 but we could still get around 8m

I hope we keep him, bringing kane on as 3 rd choise striker aint exactly setting my world alite, defoe hasnt had the best of couple of seasons but STILL managed 17ish last season and is scoring at l one in three? 2/3rd choice England striker if we sold him

crouch fetched what ? 10/11 and fletchers going 4 15? ide expect 15 for him, at least,.But we will see

Edited by rijit

we'll have defoe please. we are fuc_king crying out for a finisher.

Then it'll be interesting because were in for someone else, another striker. Thats 100%. This would make Defoe 3rd choice and he'll want away pronto. add to that AVB is happy using our youngster Harry Kane as his 3rd choice and you will have a very realistic chance of signing Defoe.

If this happens it would be a fair bet that Defoe will be sold whilst he still commands a sell on value and AVB will use harry Kane as a 3rd striker. Defoe is 29 but we could still get around 8m

I hope we keep him, bringing kane on as 3 rd choise striker aint exactly setting my world alite, defoe hasnt had the best of couple of seasons but STILL managed 17ish last season and is scoring at l one in three? 2/3rd choice England striker if we sold him

crouch fetched what ? 10/11 and fletchers going 4 15? ide expect 15 for him, at least,.But we will see

We won't get 15m for a 29 year old Jermaine Defoe but we'll still get good money and Levy likes to cash in whilst theres still a sell on. Rightly or wrong i can see him off at the christmas window

Edited by carmine

Then it'll be interesting because were in for someone else, another striker. Thats 100%. This would make Defoe 3rd choice and he'll want away pronto. add to that AVB is happy using our youngster Harry Kane as his 3rd choice and you will have a very realistic chance of signing Defoe.

we've got kids coming through like adam morgan who are finishers, they're just nowhere near ready yet. rodgers' tippy-tappy can create all the chances in the world but it's no good if we haven't got a lad whose primary focus and talent is just sticking the ball between the white things.

Big surprise to me this one...http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19342130

Yep the hud off onloan , but is permanent move out of the question i and dawson off 2 qpr, keeping gallas and jenas ? good decisions by vb

Cant say i'm convinced but as always i'll be happy if the players prove me wrong and if he does it cant say i'm particularly

happy with us having 2 senior strikers and the otherst being development players he gave the reason as being a 3rd

senior striker becomes unhappy!!!! not getting games !!!!! <deleted>..

Edited by rijit

Yep the hud off onloan , but is permanent move out of the question i and dawson off 2 qpr, keeping gallas and jenas ? good decisions by vb

Cant say i'm convinced but as always i'll be happy if the players prove me wrong and if he does it cant say i'm particularly

happy with us having 2 senior strikers and the otherst being development players he gave the reason as being a 3rd

I'm not sure about keeping Gallas over Dawson either. I expect Gallas to spend catleast half the season injured. I am no fan of Jenas and never have been.

Defoe wants to play for England and will not achieve this sitting on the Spurs bench which is what he'll be doing and i have sympathy for the player. he knows he'll get regular first team football elsewhere.

I'm not sure about keeping Gallas over Dawson either. I expect Gallas to spend catleast half the season injured. I am no fan of Jenas and never have been.

Defoe wants to play for England and will not achieve this sitting on the Spurs bench which is what he'll be doing and i have sympathy for the player. he knows he'll get regular first team football elsewhere.

With Gallas injury record we really need another centre half ! mind you i suppose if you put the money together that we got for Dawson and Bassong we should get someone decent.

With Gallas injury record we really need another centre half ! mind you i suppose if you put the money together that we got for Dawson and Bassong we should get someone decent.

Alfie, I reckon undisclosed 4 bassong means we got v v little, yeah u could well be right with gallas at his age maybe we could do with another but i'm pretty sure were gonna run with verity caulker gallas and kaboul thats good and maybe has potential but tbh it dont strike me as a top 4 central defence.. Oh and apparently we paid adeboy an extremely large signing on fee to cover the difference in wages he was getting at m city and what our structure allows.

Edited by rijit

Sounds a realistic summary of where we are at with our transfer situation, i still reckon vdv will be off

.http://www.guardian....re-villas-boas?

and seems champions lge was not the clincher, ,shame he's one fuc_king good footballer

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19364375

Oh and interesting comment from one of the guardian readers regarding dawson

I know he's not Usain Bolt, but his head is a magnet for the ball. I can't remember many instances of him fuc_king things up. He's got a great attitude and plays with a smile on his face. He's young, England international etc. I don't really see any light between him and Players like Cahill to be honest, so why let him go so (relatively) cheaply? I get that if your system relies on high line, pressing, pace etc. then he might not not immediately seem to fit, but there's got to be value in having defenders that can actually, you know, fuc_king defend.Just hope this AVB knows what he's up to, TBH, and that we aren't back to the disastrous 'Hey! Let's sell all our strikers' Ramos summer of 2008.

Edited by rijit

didn't AVB initially make dawson captain? now he boots him out of the door? pretty strange behaviour.

As far as i'm maware he has said that club captain will be announced at the end of the month. It was that statement that fueled speculation about Dawsons future at the club. gallas stood in against toon.

Where did you hear Dawson was named captain?

Edited by carmine

As far as i'm maware he has said that club captain will be announced at the end of the month. It was that statement that fueled speculation about Dawsons future at the club. gallas stood in against toon.

Where did you hear Dawson was named captain?

Asked on Friday who would replace King as skipper, Villas-Boas said: “We have our reference this year, which is Dawson, and we hope to keep it that way but towards the end of the window we will have a better idea of the players that stay with us and come in.

“Dawson will start the season as captain.”

http://www.mirror.co...be-sold-1272859

Edited by StevieH