Tottenham Thread

chonabot

As far as i'm maware he has said that club captain will be announced at the end of the month. It was that statement that fueled speculation about Dawsons future at the club. gallas stood in against toon.

Where did you hear Dawson was named captain?

Asked on Friday who would replace King as skipper, Villas-Boas said: “We have our reference this year, which is Dawson, and we hope to keep it that way but towards the end of the window we will have a better idea of the players that stay with us and come in.

“Dawson will start the season as captain.”

http://www.mirror.co...be-sold-1272859

Thats just treating Dawson with the respect he deserves. He always deputised for Ledley. I don't see anything strange in this

didn't AVB initially make dawson captain? now he boots him out of the door? pretty strange behaviour.

Yeah seems weird/confusing to me, making him capt, then the next week sell him. and in between exclude him from travelling with the squad.

only thing that sort of makes sense is perhaps the qpr bid came well b4 it was announced to the press..

didn't AVB initially make dawson captain? now he boots him out of the door? pretty strange behaviour.

Yeah seems weird/confusing to me, making him capt, then the next week sell him. and in between exclude him from travelling with the squad.

only thing that sort of makes sense is perhaps the qpr bid came well b4 it was announced to the press..

Why is being respectful to a very highly regarded, well thought of player weird? Its simple, He has stated that the review will take place at the end of the month when its clear what the transfer window has changed.

I think its a nice gesture

Edited by carmine

We've just signed Willian on a 4 year deal. Cost us about 20m and i really really hope i'm wrong about him. Makes me wonder what ludicrous money Porto wanted for Moutinho!!!

Leandro Damiao early next week.

His release clause was 40 mil euros ie around 34/5 mil sterling..

We've just signed Willian on a 4 year deal. Cost us about 20m and i really really hope i'm wrong about him. Makes me wonder what ludicrous money Porto wanted for Moutinho!!!

20m plus decent add ons should do it. Effectively they'll get 25m and i think they'll go for it. Doesn't look like we'll be replacing Dawson though and with Bassong gone and Gallas 36 next birthday thats a bit lean in this department. Gallas will spend half the season injures for sure

Why is being respectful to a very highly regarded, well thought of player weird? Its simple, He has stated that the review will take place at the end of the month when its clear what the transfer window has changed.

I think its a nice gesture

Yep Thts one way of looking it carmine, But for me it sends out mixed messages, say one thing then do more or less the opposite,when i've spoken to players it's a pet hate with them but hey ho.

thats life or more 2 the point thats football.

20m plus decent add ons should do it. Effectively they'll get 25m and i think they'll go for it. Doesn't look like we'll be replacing Dawson though and with Bassong gone and Gallas 36 next birthday thats a bit lean in this department. Gallas will spend half the season injures for sure

Carmine they wont take 20 mil euros, their well documented as having other parties owning the rights to the players and they want whats written in the contract ie 40 mmil euro's else he stay's, .

So what do you think of the Willian sighning from Shaktar? I don't see it as an improvement but a positive is he can also play on the wing. Still think we have pain a lot though in 20m

Yeah sounds a lot of wedge but Tbh i dont know that much/enuf about him, so its in vb we trust.

So what do you think of the Willian sighning from Shaktar? I don't see it as an improvement but a positive is he can also play on the wing. Still think we have pain a lot though in 20m

If he plays instead of Lennon then great...but three attacking midfielders alongside Bale and Lennon seems a bit much?

As rij says I have seen little so can't comment.

Damaio would be a great addition....all we need now is a young keeper and sorted.

If he plays instead of Lennon then great...but three attacking midfielders alongside Bale and Lennon seems a bit much?

Damaio would be a great addition....all we need now is a young keeper and sorted.

He plays both wings so that gives us a lot of reflexibility. Just not sure he's that good! smile.png Lets hope i am wrong...won't be the first time. i remember thinking Sergei Rebrov was a great buy. Saw him play a few times for Kiev and thought he was brilliant. whistling.gif

Edited by carmine

He plays both wings so that gives us a lot of reflexibility. Just not sure he's that good! smile.png Lets hope i am wrong...won't be the first time. i remember thinking Sergei Rebrov was a great buy. Saw him play a few times for Kiev and thought he was brilliant. whistling.gif

Yeah him and shevy were totally amazin 4 kiev, but at spurs , and at 12 mil? which was a serious amount of wedge at the time, 4 us he was a total disaster, lets hope youre wrong carmine and he proves to be a plus, but just a thought would it be fair to say that this is vbs first transfer that he's actually instigated , verity siggy wernt the deals virtually done b4 he was appointed, which tbh when clubs buy players and dont have a manager in place strikes me as a touch strange. but hey ho

Edited by rijit

Yeah him and shevy were totally amazin 4 kiev, but at spurs , and at 12 mil? which was a serious amount of wedge at the time, 4 us he was a total disaster, lets hope youre wrong carmine and he proves to be a plus, but just a thought would it be fair to say that this is vbs first transfer that he's actually instigated , verity siggy wernt the deals virtually done b4 he was appointed, which tbh when clubs buy players and dont have a manager in place strikes me as a touch strange. but hey ho

Thats as i understand it aswell. This one would be his first. The whole Willian thing has come out of the blue which is really strange. i having a problem getting my head round it. Just seems its an aweful lot of money for Levy to spend for a guy that isn't setting the world on fire and he's far from the finished article. He is very quick mindyou but i can think of a number of headless chickens that were quick. Like i said, i hope i'm wrong

Looks like the Willian deal was a bit bogus chaps. biggrin.png

Beware wiki....laugh.png

Yeah , after Carmine said he'd signed , looked on bbc sky ect but couldnt find anything so i googled it, still no confirmation, so had a quick look at wiki to c the guys history as i knew nish about him and it said there that he'd signed and was out of contract , but as you know anyonr can edit wiki. But there are a few reports that were still in negotiations with him, and i presume the deals expensive and the tag 'hard work' comes bout cos. like many brazilians he's owned by 3 rd parties and they ALL have 2 be bought out b4 we can sign him

West Brom were worth the point on the back of their second half, Lukaku and Yacob outstanding. Spurs had huge possession but blunt upfront. Defoe imv doesn't fit in the 4-2-3-1.

there is a big question looming already over AVB. Why is he playing Gallas over Dawson? Dawson is seven years younger. No, i wouldn't start with him but he's surely a better "match fit" bet the longer the season goes on. He got a mauling from Lukaku aswell. Not to put the blame on him, that wouldn't be fair but he's 36 next birthday <deleted>!

Verdict is that we need a couple of players signed next week but i was dissappointed with the crowds reaction at the end. That won't help matters

West Brom were worth the point on the back of their second half, Lukaku and Yacob outstanding. Spurs had huge possession but blunt upfront. Defoe imv doesn't fit in the 4-2-3-1.

there is a big question looming already over AVB. Why is he playing Gallas over Dawson? Dawson is seven years younger. No, i wouldn't start with him but he's surely a better "match fit" bet the longer the season goes on. He got a mauling from Lukaku aswell. Not to put the blame on him, that wouldn't be fair but he's 36 next birthday <deleted>!

Verdict is that we need a couple of players signed next week but i was dissappointed with the crowds reaction at the end. That won't help matters

One position i thought we was sorted was the attacking midfield, but i'm now beginning to think neither VDV or Sig are good enough so thats another position we need filling !

One position i thought we was sorted was the attacking midfield, but i'm now beginning to think neither VDV or Sig are good enough so thats another position we need filling !

Yes, i had in mind one striker, one attacking mid and Dawson staying tbh. I've been a big fan of gallas but he won't last the season.

Baring in mind we haven't bought a keeper i was pleased to see Friedal look so sharp.

Yes, i had in mind one striker, one attacking mid and Dawson staying tbh. I've been a big fan of gallas but he won't last the season.

Baring in mind we haven't bought a keeper i was pleased to see Friedal look so sharp.

I know you disagree Carms but if AVB aint going to play Hudd then we still need another defensive mid as Sandro, Livermore and Parker ain't going to be enough to last a season !

So whats needed in order of priority, Forward, defensive mid,attacking midfield player who can also cover for Bale and Lennon, GK.

Footnote : Can't see him buying an attacking mid player as he probaly thinks VDV and Sig are good enough 23.gif

Edited by alfieconn