Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Towards the end of last season you looked to be a very good side. What's happened? Bale was scoring for fun, solid defence and now you seem to be all at sea.

Towards the end of last season we were rubbish ! certainly not all at sea !

2 totally incorrect comments from you, best you stick to talking about something you know something about 46.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Ok, I was trying to be nice. Last Christmas you were good. Many fans talked about title aspirations. Then you got spanked a lot. You became worse than accrington Stanley. Now you couldn't win a netball competition, what's happened?

Touchy lot, the spuds fans.

yeah last season was a weird one,and its's demise if you can call 4th place a demise, was a mixture of factors result wise, every team has a bad run in a season,ours came at a very hgh profile time, just when, 4 the first time in ??? years we were in with a shout of the title, added pressure, poor replacements in the transfer window ari wanted cahill and tevez he got saha and neilson <deleted>!!!! the pressure of ari's supposed England departure, his court case and lets not forget the pressure of challenging for the ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP title , that in itself brings its own VV HEAVY pressure, not a thing to be taken lightly, not many managers know/have the experience of how to handle that, tbh it all got to our management, all of those put together culminating on the park, barring one or two games, us playing ok but not finishing teams off.

Two games don't make a season....we haven't played all that badly bearing in mind we have been missing a real creative midfield player.

Overall its obvious what we are lacking at the moment, as outlined by Alfredo....its up to Mr Levy to now make good on those deficiencies....over to him!

We'd be a lot better off right now if that bloody transfer window concluded before the start of the season so we wouldn't still be sorting out our team three games into the new one.

I'm starting to think rat boy will be back training with the squad next weekend....now that is a sobering thought....

We'd be a lot better off right now if that bloody transfer window concluded before the start of the season so we wouldn't still be sorting out our team three games into the new one.

Agreed, this over lap is pure stupidtly.

I'm starting to think rat boy will be back training with the squad next weekend....now that is a sobering thought....

Tbh a match fit adeboy parker and modric would make a fuc of a difference. Oh and add Dawson to that i only saw the highlights and i could well be wrong but you sensed wb sniffed a weakness/vulnerabilty in the c/defence

Oh and has vb gone to zonal marking?

Edited by rijit

He'll never play for us again. Once they've agreed the add ons he's on a plane.

He'll never play for us again. Once they've agreed the add ons he's on a plane.

Good riddance.

Shit happens and players move thats football,in the last 2? years, he's been amongst the best players in the prem, cant blame the guy for wanting to join madrid,double his money and the chance of WINNING the champs league, we couldn't get ANYWHERE near that, personally i wish the boy well, imo he done us proud, lets hope vb and levy can buy a decent replacement and the other 2 get match fit soon cos when those joined/ played we went from an average team to a v good team.

Shit happens and players move thats football,in the last 2? years, he's been amongst the best players in the prem, cant blame the guy for wanting to join madrid,double his money and the chance of WINNING the champs league, we couldn't get ANYWHERE near that, personally i wish the boy well, imo he done us proud, lets hope vb and levy can buy a decent replacement and the other 2 get match fit soon cos when those joined/ played we went from an average team to a v good team.

Wanting a move is one thing rij...refusing to play for the team you are contracted to is quite another.

As I said before...he is welcome to leave...so welcome he can have my size ten as a helping shove.

I'd have a rethink. His behaviour has been absolutely appalling, the little gobshite. i hope he slips ovr on the Madrid airport tarmac and breaks a leg for his treatment of Spurs. We were the club that gave the little <deleted> his big chance and he repays us by refusing to play for us until his transfer and trying to hold us to ransom!!

It was the clubs/vb's decision to put him in with the reserves we could have put him/ trained him in with the first team and outwardly this debecal wouldn't have happened, NO HUGE TURMOIL just another player looking for a move, but the way we handled it, IMO turned it into an issue,however players being effected by proposed / speculative moves is becoming common place , just clubs need to get used to handling it, swansea have had issues with sinclair, both parties realise he's not in he right place to play, imo, theyve handled it well, not turned it into a big melodrama. I really dont want to b thinking AND IM not particiury happy saying it, but this and the way the vbs handled this and the dawson issue, don't bode well for me. gently gently aint really happening for v b is it?

It was the clubs/vb's decision to put him in with the reserves we could have put him/ trained him in with the first team and outwardly this debecal wouldn't have happened, NO HUGE TURMOIL just another player looking for a move, but the way we handled it, IMO turned it into an issue,however players being effected by proposed / speculative moves is becoming common place , just clubs need to get used to handling it, swansea have had issues with sinclair, both parties realise he's not in he right place to play, imo, theyve handled it well, not turned it into a big melodrama. I really dont want to b thinking AND IM not particiury happy saying it, but this and the way the vbs handled this and the dawson issue, don't bode well for me. gently gently aint really happening for v b is it?

This was a result of him failing to turn up for the tour....he has no intention of playing for us rij....same nonsense as last summer.

In fact it IS a problem....he's our player and refuses to play for us. I can't say here what I truly think of him...but its pathetic...if he had played these games and we'd won them then he'd have left with some goodwill from the fans.

As it is he will be remembered for this more than his quality football...which is also a shame but there it is.

What do you mean it was the clubs decision to put him in the reserves? The vile little sh1t won't play for us! He's holding us to ransom to force a move and its the second season in a row he's done it. Why should we be forced to sell him under his market value just because he wants to up sticks whenever he pleases at a huge cost to our club. He'll go at the correct market price just like he was told.

You may sympathise with him but i've yet to hear of any other Spurs fans hold your view.

• Like 1

Avb or DVD as he was known did this with us. Both Anelka and the other guy that who I can't remember now, we're both made to use a different car park, only train with the reserves and were not allowed to the crimbo bash. Avb may end up a good manager but to me his people management skills are awful.

Apparently DVD would watch people turning up for training and fine them for being 1 minute late. This led to the players waiting around the corner if they were early, just so they wouldn't be early. All childish stuff, but if you treat people like children they will act like children.

Avb or DVD as he was known did this with us. Both Anelka and the other guy that who I can't remember now, we're both made to use a different car park, only train with the reserves and were not allowed to the crimbo bash. Avb may end up a good manager but to me his people management skills are awful.

Apparently DVD would watch people turning up for training and fine them for being 1 minute late. This led to the players waiting around the corner if they were early, just so they wouldn't be early. All childish stuff, but if you treat people like children they will act like children.

mjj can you not read ? avb hasn't done anything out of order with Modric, in fact he wasn't even manager when Modric refused to play last year, if you want to talk shit perhaps it's best if you stay on the chavs thread !

<b> mjj, on Today, 15:48 , said:</b><br />Avb or DVD as he was known did this with us. Both Anelka and the other guy that who I can't remember now, we're both made to use a different car park, only train with the reserves and were not allowed to the crimbo bash. Avb may end up a good manager but to me his people management skills are awful.<br /><br />Apparently DVD would watch people turning up for training and fine them for being 1 minute late. This led to the players waiting around the corner if they were early, just so they wouldn't be early. All childish stuff, but if you treat people like children they will act like children.<br />
<br />mjj can you not read ? avb hasn't done anything out of order with Modric, in fact he wasn't even manager when Modric refused to play last year, if you want to talk shit perhaps it's best if you stay on the chavs thread !

I wouldn't bother Alfredo....you can't expect them to understand how a proper club goes about things.

What do you mean it was the clubs decision to put him in the reserves? The vile little sh1t won't play for us! He's holding us to ransom to force a move and its the second season in a row he's done it. Why should we be forced to sell him under his market value just because he wants to up sticks whenever he pleases at a huge cost to our club. He'll go at the correct market price just like he was told.

You may sympathise with him but i've yet to hear of any other Spurs fans hold your view.

Based on Modrics performances last season would you like to put a current market value on him ? thats the yardstick. Anything over 25,000 quid in most informed circles is too much and reports say Levy wants closer to 35-40,000 or I'm sure the matter would have been settled already. 2 weeks into the season and players futures stil up in the air not ideal is it ? Regarding Modric's character has no one on this forum ever wanted to quit a job for what is perceived by the indiviual as a better one ? Thought not !

<b> mjj, on Today, 15:48 , said:</b><br />Avb or DVD as he was known did this with us. Both Anelka and the other guy that who I can't remember now, we're both made to use a different car park, only train with the reserves and were not allowed to the crimbo bash. Avb may end up a good manager but to me his people management skills are awful.<br /><br />Apparently DVD would watch people turning up for training and fine them for being 1 minute late. This led to the players waiting around the corner if they were early, just so they wouldn't be early. All childish stuff, but if you treat people like children they will act like children.<br />
<br />mjj can you not read ? avb hasn't done anything out of order with Modric, in fact he wasn't even manager when Modric refused to play last year, if you want to talk shit perhaps it's best if you stay on the chavs thread !

I wouldn't bother Alfredo....you can't expect them to understand how a proper club goes about things.

A proper club? What one that wins nothing and sells its best players and is the 5th highest spender in the league and had the most expensive season ticket? Or a club that does honour its agreements with players and restrict there somewhat short career?

Modric wanted to leave last year and your club decided to make him stay. He gave you another year and you do the same. Nice club.

Edited by mjj

<b> mjj, on Today, 15:48 , said:</b><br />Avb or DVD as he was known did this with us. Both Anelka and the other guy that who I can't remember now, we're both made to use a different car park, only train with the reserves and were not allowed to the crimbo bash. Avb may end up a good manager but to me his people management skills are awful.<br /><br />Apparently DVD would watch people turning up for training and fine them for being 1 minute late. This led to the players waiting around the corner if they were early, just so they wouldn't be early. All childish stuff, but if you treat people like children they will act like children.<br />

A proper club? What one that wins nothing and sells its best players and is the 5th highest spender in the league and had the most expensive season ticket? Or a club that does honour its agreements with players and restrict there somewhat short career?

Modric wanted to leave last year and your club decided to make him stay. He gave you another year and you do the same. Nice club.

When a player signs a six year contract it should be binding on both sides. Frankly the club are not obliged to sell, did not want to, and thus are well within their rights to demand maximum cash for him.

Levy has said he can go...but for a certain amount. There's no reason why he shouldn't be playing for us in the meantime....in fact he is in breach of his contract by refusing to do so.

Says everything about the player and nothing about the club.

Now we can discuss the press leaks regarding the £40m your lot offered last season....classy stuff indeed when our chairman says no you leak it to the press to try to unsettle the player.

Disgraceful behaviour.

Based on Modrics performances last season would you like to put a current market value on him ? thats the yardstick

No it's not, Ronaldo was valued at 80m on one season was he ? more like the last 3 or 4 seasons, besides Modric had a good season apart from a few games at the end .

Anything over 25,000 quid in most informed circles is too much and reports say Levy wants closer to 35-40,000 or I'm sure the matter would have been settled already. 2 weeks into the season and players futures stil up in the air not ideal is it ?

no it is not, very astute of you ! Levy's opinion is that he is worth 35m + and that looks close to what we are getting so it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.

Regarding Modric's character has no one on this forum ever wanted to quit a job for what is perceived by the indiviual as a better one ? Thought not !

If you opened your eyes and read the above posts, you would have seen that it's not the case of Modric wanting to leave but the way he has gone about it i.e refusing to play etc,

If you wanted to leave your last job and the then refused to work, what would the management have done ?

If you wanted to leave your last job and the then refused to work, what would the management have done ?

Certainly not refused my right to leave and make me work!

You are touching on areas of EU law and freedom of contract, trouble is had Modric suffered a career ending injury we would be coughing up for the next four years.

That is why players sign long contracts....otherwise they would all be playing on one year deals. Its a two way street...or it should be.

Its all about give and take....and Modric is only prepared to take yet again...just another mercenary on his travels. I hope he enjoys the subs bench in Madrid.

But considering a supposed gentlemans agreement was made between Levy and Modric that said he could leave to a bigger club (let's not debate bigger again), I can understand Modrics stance. He wants as many trophies as possible in his relatively short football career, yet he feels he is being denied his chance.

Sure, Levy should sell him for what he's worth, but he is only worth what someone is willing to pay. He gave you an extra year and still Levy is restricting him. Modrics antics may very well be very unprofessional, but you must understand his frustration.

And more to the point, why do you want a player who doesn't want to play for you?