Tottenham Thread

chonabot

And we're off! biggrin.png

Seriously smokes, what does he bring to the table apart from an arguement that he could quite easily start on his own in an empty room?

Is that a quote or just another speculative punt?biggrin.png

Edited by rijit

do you spurs fans know why you weren't in for nuri sahin given that you must already have been speaking to madrid about this supposed partnership thing? he'd surely have made a smart replacement for modric.

I agree with carmine, we should have been, but this joining of our 'hips' with Madrid could well be just a pr exercise to say to no'ones fuc_ked any one over in this deal and were both happy, but i suspect we all know the truth.

Seems They are both 'done deals' as much as the Dawson deal was a 'done deal' IE clubs have agreed figures then its down to negotiation with the players, still a way to go,but looks optimistic.this seems as bout a realistic/credible report as your likely to find http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9505024/Tottenham-Hotspur-agree-deals-to-sign-Moussa-Dembele-from-Fulham-and-Hugo-Lloris-from-Lyon.html.

Good summary I think.

Surely we're not going to buy yet another midfielder when we have only two strikers?

Madness!

Yeah the link I supplied was awful. Lol.

Are you still here?

Go and work out how many “real“ fans you will have when the oil money runs out...there's a good lad.

21.4 million in Europe. Spurs 3.3m.

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=520342

But I suppose you will wait for someone else to give you the link....... :-)

I think you guys buying all of these players is ruining the game laugh.png

Stop trolling MrB!! biggrin.png

It's my first day back in work, the <deleted> has hit the fan and I've burried my head in the sand. So I'm playing on the internet. Thankfully, it's weekend tonight biggrin.png

do you spurs fans know why you weren't in for nuri sahin given that you must already have been speaking to madrid about this supposed partnership thing? he'd surely have made a smart replacement for modric.

i raised that very same point on this thread yesterday. Its really infuriating and i just can't understand why he wasn't a part of the package with a buy option at the end of the season. There must be a lot of Spurs fans with those very same thoughts. Maybe Sahin still thinks liverpool is a big club matebiggrin.png

Ruined my yesterday that did!!

i raised that very same point on this thread yesterday. Its really infuriating and i just can't understand why he wasn't a part of the package with a buy option at the end of the season. There must be a lot of Spurs fans with those very same thoughts. Maybe Sahin still thinks liverpool is a big club matebiggrin.png

Are you sure the buy option is watertight Stevie? Something odd about the way Wenger backed right off (he was defo needed to replace Walcott and it is now clear that his departure remains likely) and Levy also stayed away. If no purchase option then 2 or 3 million quid for a one year loan on top of his wages is a bit rich.

Are you sure the buy option is watertight Stevie? Something odd about the way Wenger backed right off (he was defo needed to replace Walcott and it is now clear that his departure remains likely) and Levy also stayed away. If no purchase option then 2 or 3 million quid for a one year loan on top of his wages is a bit rich.

True Wenger backed off aswell. I would have thought Arsenal would have been an attractive option too with CL football.

Not sure our relationship with Madrid would have swubg it either. Remember with are an affl\iliate of Internacional too but we could land Leandro Damiao in eigteen months of trying

Seriously smokes, what does he bring to the table apart from an arguement that he could quite easily start on his own in an empty room?

I must say...rhings have errm livened up a bit in here of late....:P

I must say...rhings have errm livened up a bit in here of late....tongue.png

Unless you've got inside info , Don't speculate smokeswai.gif

Edited by rijit

I read that he only wanted to play in the Champions league thus my comment on your thread, does seem strange that neither us or the Arse were seriously in for him !

I agree with carmine, we should have been, but this joining of our 'hips' with Madrid could well be just a pr exercise to say to no'ones fuc_ked any one over in this deal and were both happy, but i suspect we all know the truth.

What do you think is the truth rijit?

Listen rij....carms has given us some great info this summer....do shut up and listen from time to time!

You can gob off after the window is shut....biggrin.png

whoops, that went down the wrong way, that was one meant to be a joke smokes!!!!, my word that almost rhythms biggrin.pngw00t.gifbiggrin.pngw00t.gif

Listen rij....carms has given us some great info this summer....do shut up and listen from time to time!

You can gob off after the window is shut....biggrin.png

whoops, that went down the wrong way, that was one meant to be a joke smokes!!!!, my word that almost rhythms biggrin.pngw00t.gifbiggrin.pngw00t.gif

Stop upsetting the poor bloke...his blood pressure is sky high what with all the transfer activity w00t.gif

So Dembele is in...Lloris maybe tomorrow with a bit of luck. So tell me...who do you want to see at the Lane by Friday rij? biggrin.png

Seems Hamburg are hot on the heels of VDV as well....maybe both him and Dawson might be heading out of WHL....certainly plenty of rumours....I just wish there were some relating to Bentley and Jenas! laugh.png

Good news bout dembeli, got to say Carmine and others liked the look of him, I wasn't convinced he could make the step up , i'll be REALLY happy to be proved wrong and Bentley,now that was a shame, we never did see the best of him surely his contract is about due up!!! just out of interest Did you know that last close season, according 2 ari boy ,we'd agreed a fee of either 7.2 or 8-2 mil for Dos Santos only for him 2 say no he wanted to stay!!!!bet levy loved him. And vdv,,ever since we signed siggy, and him entering his 3 rd year of his 4 year deal thought that him leaving was on the cards,.24 goal 63 games says he's been excellent for us, lets hope siggy boy can step up to the plate and delver as he did for Swansea.

Seems Hamburg are hot on the heels of VDV as well....maybe both him and Dawson might be heading out of WHL....certainly plenty of rumours....I just wish there were some relating to Bentley and Jenas! laugh.png

Good news bout dembeli, got to say Carmine and others liked the look of him, I wasn't convinced he could make the step up , i'll be REALLY happy to be proved wrong and Bentley,now that was a shame, we never did see the best of him surely his contract is about due up!!! just out of interest Did you know that last close season, according 2 ari boy ,we'd agreed a fee of either 7.2 or 8-2 mil for Dos Santos only for him 2 say no he wanted to stay!!!!bet levy loved him. And vdv,,ever since we signed siggy, and him entering his 3 rd year of his 4 year deal thought that him leaving was on the cards,.24 goal 63 games says he's been excellent for us, lets hope siggy boy can step up to the plate and delver as he did for Swansea.

Yes rij..but answer the question....who do you want to see arriving in the next couple of days?

Well Rij, if we sign another def mid then i cant see Siggy being first choice even if VDV goes !

And for smokes, can still see Moutinho coming !

Edited by alfieconn

Well Rij, if we sign another def mid then i cant see Siggy being first choice even if VDV goes !

And for smokes, can still see Moutinho coming !

I'm drooling over that second comment Alfredo.....! smile.png

Yes rij..but answer the question....who do you want to see arriving in the next couple of days?

Dont think that signing of another defensive midfeilder will effect it but aflie could well be right about siggi. Not sure he's vb's type TBH. i thought that our squad b4 the deadline if adeboy and a king replacement was got, maybe a freshening up ,but fundamentaly was ok. But given what's been missed and signed,

muttihno would fit the bill, as far as i can see he would be the ONLY one that would fit and you could

guarantee he could handle playing for us, the rest, we've signed with due respect have to step up, good

players as they are they've performed on smaller stages ? and weve seen enuf that havnt done it bentley,

dos santos spring to mind. But hey ho its in vb we trust.

Edited by rijit

Very jealous you got Dembele in the end especially as it looks like Bumble is heading to the cottage!

Things are on the up at the lane,who is the manager by the way? cheesy.gif

Our team Red is crying out for a player like Dembele and we can all see it but can our manager, no our 415 formation will do just fine who needs a midfield anyway, Dembele walked through us on saturday like a knife going through butter, and thanks to Spurs we have to play against him 3 more times insteed of 1 laugh.png

• Like 1

Seems like were in for luic remy http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8033218/Tottenham-target-Remy

discribed by deschaumps a young international who is fast and powerful with huge potential".

Years Team Apps (Gls) 2006–2008 Lyon 12 (0) 2008 → Lens (loan) 10 (3) 2008–2010 Nice 68 (26) 2010– Marseille 60 (27) National team 2007 France U20 5 (2) 2007–2008 France U21 11 (3) 2009– France 17 (4)

Goal scoring stats seems ok lets hope he can ste up

so if these reports are accurate and what vb says is true about running with 2 senior strikers , can we we can expect to see defoe move on? maybe in jan?

What is this club deal all about with Real Madrid? does any spud know...seems a decent midfielder is going to there rivals below,

Queens Park Rangers have announced they have reached an agreement with Real Madrid for the permanent transfer of midfielder Esteban Granero.

Sky Sports sources had revealed the big-spending Loftus Road club had targeted the 25-year-old and were in talks with Primera Liga champions Real.

A deal has now been struck with the Spanish giants and Granero,spacer.gifwho has one year left on his contract, is to discuss personal terms with QPR and will then undergo a medical.

Liverpool,spacer.gifArsenalspacer.gif and Tottenham Hotspurspacer.gif had also been linked with the midfielder but ambitious QPR are the club who have pushed ahead with the deal.

They announced on their official Twitter account: "QPR have reached agreement with Real Madridspacer.gif for the permanent transfer of midfielder Esteban Granero.

"The deal is subject to Granero agreeing personal terms and passing a medical."

Robert Green, Andrew Johnson,spacer.gif Samba Diakite, Fabio, Ryan Nelsen, Park Ji-sung, Junior Hoilett and Jose Bosingwa have this summer already arrived at QPR.

Julio Cesar, who is awaiting international clearance, Danish defender Simon Kjaer, Marseille midfielder Stephane Mbia and Real Ricardo Carvalhospacer.gif could also be signed before Friday.

What is this club deal all about with Real Madrid? does any spud know..

This is what the Daily Mail wrote about it after the Modric transfer:

The two clubs have also agreed a new 'partnership' that, according to Spurs, will see them 'working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships.'

Edited by sotsira