Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Holtby WHL-bound this week per Beeb.

Nice one Levy.

Oh yee of little faithtongue.png

{Whispers behind hand, adopting gawky Cleesey pose: $hit - I mentioned faith on a Spuds webpage - but I think I got away with it}

Holtby WHL-bound this week per Beeb.

Nice one Levy.

Oh yee of little faithtongue.png

{Whispers behind hand, adopting gawky Cleesey pose: $hit - I mentioned faith on a Spuds webpage - but I think I got away with it}

ohhhhhh goody we can loan livermore out now,,,,, <deleted> !!!crazy.gif

Has anyone seen much of Holtby? Plenty of hype but is this young midfielder really that good and what is his best position?

Holtby is a versatile midfielder whose favourite position is just behind a main striker. He can also operate deeper in midfield.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/28/tottenham-hotspur-sign-lewis-holtby

Man utd wouldnt pay what ferguson wanted, so our man irvine went in agreed a deal with fergie only i believe for fergies mrs 2

veto the idea of London and the poor cows had to live in Manchester ever since.cheesy.gif

As for yesterday, its about time vb stopped this goddam tinkering I appreciate he wants to try every diferent combination,

sort of makes sense, but defenses and defenders thrive and improve on stability It could be argued that what he's doing has

now had 'consequences', Dawson, arguably, is the only c/b in fact this could cover defenders, thats playing to potential

caulkers having a TOTAL NITEMARE and verity ain't far behind him, gallas tries, BLESS, naughtons hanging in JUST, and

walker, well,,,,,thank the f-- he's got pace. Oh having the pleasure of watching our 2 LEFT HAND sided cb/s yesterday NOT

RIGHT HAND sided as was prev statated, play, lets be kind, and say badly, who plays when v b gets serious? ,cant say i'm enamored with either at

the mo.

Make everyone right, now is exactly why we signed Dawson, we ain't getting a new striker, were getting a new stadium, like it

or lump it, and ive got a sneaking feeling that its the way its gonna be for a while,

I did actually mean left sided players as i am aware Caulker is a left footed player that vertonghen, aside of being a left sided center back, also plays left back. yes it was a typo but i suppose thats your little victory for the month of jan so many congratulations. Interesting though that the rest clearly knew it was a typo but weren't small minded enough to pick it up. If it made ypou day i'm pleased though and if you choose to pick me up on any other spelling mistakes feel free with my blessing

Can't comment on the rest of your posts as i can understand thembiggrin.png

I have edited to say that you don't have much to say about BAE. Are you pissed off like the rest of us that he is still persistently giving possession away? Still don't worry, Danny Rose is back for next seasonthumbsup.gif

Edited by carmine

Has anyone seen much of Holtby? Plenty of hype but is this young midfielder really that good and what is his best position?

Holtby is a versatile midfielder whose favourite position is just behind a main striker. He can also operate deeper in midfield.

http://www.guardian....gn-lewis-holtby

Another like Dempsey then,just what you need.

http://www.guardian....gn-lewis-holtby

Another like Dempsey then,just what you need.

Nothing like Dempsey, now go away and come back when you know what you are talking about !!

Here's me thinking he was an attacking midfielder! whistling.gif but Alfie knows more than Steffen Freund now wink.png

Holtby is a 22-year-old attacking midfielder who has captained Germany Under-21, and has been hailed by Steffen Freund as a “perfect signing” for Spurs. Tottenham have missed central creativity since selling Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart last summer, with Gylfi Sigurdsson struggling to have much of an impact so far at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham assistant manager Freund knows Holtby from his time working for the German football federation and spoke warmly about him earlier this month when the initial pre-contract deal was done.

"He can play behind the striker, on the wings, he can play centre of midfield and he has already a lot of experience," Freund said. "We were looking at him for a few months, that is why we are sure he will strengthen our squad.

“I don’t like to compare him to other players. His natural position in the past was the No 10 in the 4-2-3-1, behind the striker. He can play the final pass and he is really skilful and the perfect signing for our philosophy.”

Freund is confident Holtby will adapt quickly to English football. “I know him really well as I worked for the German FA,” Freund said. “I know he is a really good character, he loves the Premiership, he loves England and his father is English, so everything comes together.”

So who does not know what they are talking about Alfred? me or your German assistant manager? rest my case.I suggest you come back when you know what you are talking about.wink.png

Here's me thinking he was an attacking midfielder! whistling.gif but Alfie knows more than Steffen Freund now wink.png

Holtby is a 22-year-old attacking midfielder who has captained Germany Under-21, and has been hailed by Steffen Freund as a “perfect signing” for Spurs. Tottenham have missed central creativity since selling Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart last summer, with Gylfi Sigurdsson struggling to have much of an impact so far at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham assistant manager Freund knows Holtby from his time working for the German football federation and spoke warmly about him earlier this month when the initial pre-contract deal was done.

"He can play behind the striker, on the wings, he can play centre of midfield and he has already a lot of experience," Freund said. "We were looking at him for a few months, that is why we are sure he will strengthen our squad.

“I don’t like to compare him to other players. His natural position in the past was the No 10 in the 4-2-3-1, behind the striker. He can play the final pass and he is really skilful and the perfect signing for our philosophy.”

Freund is confident Holtby will adapt quickly to English football. “I know him really well as I worked for the German FA,” Freund said. “I know he is a really good character, he loves the Premiership, he loves England and his father is English, so everything comes together.”

So who does not know what they are talking about Alfred? me or your German assistant manager? rest my case.I suggest you come back when you know what you are talking about.wink.png

The above piece hardly describes Dempsey,so stop being a prick and go away and watch a video of Holty and a video of Dempsey and then tell me they are the same type of player, if you were to describe him to anyone it would be Wilshere but a bit better, this season was the first season that he has played in the attacking mid role usually being a def mid ( when have you seen Dempsey playing def mid ),

Holtby is adept at various roles, from a deep-lying playmaker - a position in which he performed well learning from veteran Raul with Schalke last season - or playing in an attacking midfielder role just behind the striker.

So know do you understand ?

Man utd wouldnt pay what ferguson wanted, so our man irvine went in agreed a deal with fergie only i believe for fergies mrs 2

veto the idea of London and the poor cows had to live in Manchester ever since.cheesy.gif

As for yesterday, its about time vb stopped this goddam tinkering I appreciate he wants to try every diferent combination,

sort of makes sense, but defenses and defenders thrive and improve on stability It could be argued that what he's doing has

now had 'consequences', Dawson, arguably, is the only c/b in fact this could cover defenders, thats playing to potential

caulkers having a TOTAL NITEMARE and verity ain't far behind him, gallas tries, BLESS, naughtons hanging in JUST, and

walker, well,,,,,thank the f-- he's got pace. Oh having the pleasure of watching our 2 LEFT HAND sided cb/s yesterday NOT

RIGHT HAND sided as was prev statated, play, lets be kind, and say badly, who plays when v b gets serious? ,cant say i'm enamored with either at

the mo.

Make everyone right, now is exactly why we signed Dawson, we ain't getting a new striker, were getting a new stadium, like it

or lump it, and ive got a sneaking feeling that its the way its gonna be for a while,

Have you ever thought of a career as an author rij,i find your scribbling's very entertaining.biggrin.png

Childrens books for kids between the ages of 2 and 4. laugh.png

Wilshere but better will do for me. Thanks Alfredo. thumbsup.gif

Oh and bore off MrRed will ya!....no negative vibes about our new signing. wink.png

Here's some facts for ya Red just to confirm Holtby and Dempsey are very similar 24.gif

Holtby :

+ Strengths

Crossing Very Strong

Ball interception Very Strong

Key passes Strong

Through balls Strong

Dribbling Strong

Defensive contribution Strong

- Weaknesses

Aerial Duels

Weak

Dempsey

+ Strengths

Headed attempts Very Strong

Finishing Strong

Long shots Strong

- Weaknesses

Holding on to the ball Weak

Crossing Weak

Its looking like a great bit of business for us.

Hopefully that leaves us a few quid for a striker either this window or the summer!

If you plan to make that 4th spot (or higher) secure, I think summer will be too late.

So do i.

Its looking like a great bit of business for us.

Hopefully that leaves us a few quid for a striker either this window or the summer!

If you plan to make that 4th spot (or higher) secure, I think summer will be too late.

So do i.

Unfortunately I agree.

Yoonited have spent £17m on a Championship player haven't they? biggrin.png

Yeah but he's going to be a world beater as they all are when they buy them 4.gif

I would have liked us to buy him so i've decided to report Utd to the FA and then i'll write a book about the shameful episoderolleyes.gif

Yeah but he's going to be a world beater as they all are when they buy them 4.gif

The new Veron. biggrin.png

<deleted>, they paid nearly 30m for him and that was close to ten years ago! He was really good too wasn't he. clap2.gif

The above piece hardly describes Dempsey,so stop being a prick and go away and watch a video of Holty and a video of Dempsey and then tell me they are the same type of player, if you were to describe him to anyone it would be Wilshere but a bit better, this season was the first season that he has played in the attacking mid role usually being a def mid ( when have you seen Dempsey playing def mid ),

Holtby is adept at various roles, from a deep-lying playmaker - a position in which he performed well learning from veteran Raul with Schalke last season - or playing in an attacking midfielder role just behind the striker.

So know do you understand ?

So you have bought him for what position to play that of a Parker,Dembele? or as i know as a Dempsey? I mean you really do not know enough about him to tell your assistant manager what position is his best do you! and the bit better than Wilshere comment i will take as plain sour grapes or wishful thinking cheesy.gif ohh and no need for the nasty name calling is there? Richard.

They don't have to be world beaters just have the great team ethic that we generate at United wink.pngAs the most valued sports club in the World we can afford to speculate on youngsters as well as bring the odd few through the ranks......your jealousy is really entertaining for me boys.tongue.png

The one finger typist strikea again!

We're £15.5m better off than you Nads and get a player who's pkayed at the top level for club AND country.

Now kindly bore off please. biggrin.png

I think you will find that Zaha has also played for his country.wink.png Not only are you 15 million better off you have bought a load of players that are not doing much as your performances lately are proving clap2.gif How many players have you actually bought since last January's transfer window Smokie???

My view is that Holtby will play behind the striker as a replacement to Van der Vart's

position from last season (In other words a playmaker no 10 role)

Dempsey will probably be used as an out an out striker in the absence of Adebayor and Defoe

who could be facing a spell out with this hip injury.

My view is that Holtby will play behind the striker as a replacement to Van der Vart's

position from last season (In other words a playmaker no 10 role)

Dempsey will probably be used as an out an out striker in the absence of Adebayor and Defoe

who could be facing a spell out with this hip injury.

Exactly correct sotsira the same position Dempsey was bought for and to be fair is doing not to badly is he? Holtby is a playmaker now and why would he play deeper when you have Scotty Parker and Diddy Dembele.....easy really but some don't agree....i am sure we will see soon enough if he is good enough.

They don't have to be world beaters just have the great team ethic that we generate at United wink.pngAs the most valued sports club in the World we can afford to speculate on youngsters as well as bring the odd few through the ranks......your jealousy is really entertaining for me boys.tongue.png

Arrrh atlastyou agree with me. Yes you can afford to speculate can't you. You can throw silly money away can't you.