Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Out of Interest what do you think the future holds for AVB? Obviously without Bale as well as he made it clear he would stay if you where in the Champions League....

First of all Bale ain't going anywhere.

>I mean you have only qualified for the Chelsea Cup and won nothing this season will the board and the faithful give him another se

ason??

He wasn't under any preasure to win anything or get in the champions league this season, his first season was always going to be a transional period whereby he would implement his style of management etc, plus everyone knows that the team wasn't strenghthened the way it should have been which wasn't down to him.

I can't remember, who did AVB say he was after that he wasn't allowed to get? wink.png

Can you explain?

I'm just asking if AVB said he was after a particular player or players, but was told categorically that there was no money available to buy them. I can't recall him saying who he wanted. He certainly finished up with a lemon.

He wasn't under any preasure to win anything or get in the champions league this season, his first season was always going to be a transional period whereby he would implement his style of management etc, plus everyone knows that the team wasn't strenghthened the way it should have been which wasn't down t

o him.

Ain't that the truth!laugh.png

Tell you what Alfie, they are doing an aweful job of trying to convince us that they are happy and relaxed with Moyes' appointment. The bloke is so obviously going to be out of his depth. If City make the right appointment which would be either Pelligrini (Klopp not available i'm presuming) then the manc power shift is on.

You know what they are like carms, "never bought a bad player syndrome" obviously applies to managers as well !

Bought players?!! I thought all their players came through the Utd youth system!

The only player we could say he wanted with any degree of certainty was Moutinho.

To my knowledge he's never been specific about a striker because its difficult to find a world class 30 goal a season man with a two bob Daniel Levy budget

The only player we could say he wanted with any degree of certainty was Moutinho.

To my knowledge he's never been specific about a striker because its difficult to find a world class 30 goal a season man with a two bob Daniel Levy budget

So, he never said something like, "I want Moutinho, but have been told we can't afford that much"

Or did Levy say at any time, there's no money to strengthen the team?

Edited by uptheos

So, he never said something like, "I want Moutinho, but have been told we can't afford that much"

Sorry to disappoint but i don't have a weekly sit down with Levy and AVB.smile.png

Sorry to disappoint but i don't have a weekly sit down with Levy and AVB.smile.png

You surprise me. wink.png

Tbh o's i'm not sure any of the players bought pre season were vb's preferred choices /targets,just looking a t the time scale and the way Portuguese teams play suggests not . He obviously sanctioned them, but couldn't that just hinge on how levy sold the 'package' to vb in the first place, given vbs recent fall from grace at the chav's levy, imo, v much would have had the upper hand in dealing with vb and presented them to vb in the hobsons choice format??? ,,,, for eg verity's on record as saying he never spoke to vb b4 he signed, so it wouldn't be 2 far a stretch of the imagination 4 the others 2 be v much in the same vein. Any way, it will be interesting to see

how vb's relationship with the levy develops, ie whether he'll get what vb's suggests/needs or vb will just have another season of 'making do', judging the feeling on here the second seems favorite ATM, and if it is as we all seem to suspect, will we struggle to to challenge for the top 4 next year?, lets hope i'm just being my norm pessimistic self.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

Tbh o's i'm not sure any of the players bought pre season were vb's preferred choices /targets,just looking a t the time scale and the way Portuguese teams play suggests not . He obviously sanctioned them, but couldn't that just hinge on how levy sold the 'package' to vb in the first place, given vbs recent fall from grace at the chav's levy, imo, v much would have had the upper hand in dealing with vb and presented them to vb in the hobsons choice format??? ,,,, for eg verity's on record as saying he never spoke to vb b4 he signed, so it wouldn't be 2 far a stretch of the imagination 4 the others 2 be v much in the same vein. Any way, it will be interesting to see

how vb's relationship with the levy develops, ie whether he'll get what vb's suggests/needs or vb will just have another season of 'making do', judging the feeling on here the second seems favorite ATM, and if it is as we all seem to suspect, will we struggle to to challenge for the top 4 next year?, lets hope i'm just being my norm pessimistic self.

I think you've pretty much summed it up there.

Yep make do strugglers without your best player..........

Well fellow yids, tomorrow is our day of destiny, to be fair i don't hold much hope, lets face it,we all know that if Le arse's game is 0-0 with 10 mins to go that they will get some sort of soft goal by way the of the keeper dropping the ball or an own goal, etc and then if that fails then the ref giving them some dubious decision, the likes of which we have all seen in recent seasons.

Good luck to all and may the force be with us, although i doubt it 2.gif

Well fellow yids, tomorrow is our day of destiny, to be fair i don't hold much hope, lets face it,we all know that if Le arse's game is 0-0 with 10 mins to go that they will get some sort of soft goal by way the of the keeper dropping the ball or an own goal, etc and then if that fails then the ref giving them some dubious decision, the likes of which we have all seen in recent seasons.

Good luck to all and may the force be with us, although i doubt it 2.gif

Good morning to you Alphonse!

I'm actually very relaxed about tomorrow as i don't expect the geordies to get anything from the game. I also felt early on in the season that it was going to be a very high points tally to qualify. Lets face it, if we get 72 points is very credible despite the sneering from the from the other side of north London.

I just think it would be so hilarious if they slipped up and less face it they've needed some very soft decisions recently to be where they are. A what noncey tantrum it would be from Wenger!

Despite the impending disappointment we are on the right tracks with Villas-Boas and a very decent first season for him it has been

Yes boys...mediocrity at best biggrin.png Another season flies by and the habitual early promise falls from grace and the other north Londarn boys rise to finish above you again.

Arsenal's run-in has been superb and fully justifies them as the best club in north Larndan clap2.gif

No change.

Yes boys...mediocrity at best biggrin.png Another season flies by and the habitual early promise falls from grace and the other north Londarn boys rise to finish above you again.

Arsenal's run-in has been superb and fully justifies them as the best club in north Larndan clap2.gif

No change.

And you wonder why there are so many ABU's out there!

Yep make do strugglers without your best player..........

Tottenham are confident that Gareth Bale will stay with the London side – by signing a stunning new contract that the club has offered him, which will pay him £170,000-a-week.

http://www.football-news.org.uk/footballnews/109109/manchester-united-transfer-rumours-and-latest-news-spurs-are-confident-to-keep-gareth-bale-from-united-and-real-madrid.html

Tottenham are confident that Gareth Bale will stay with the London side – by signing a stunning new contract that the club has offered him, which will pay him £170,000-a-week.

http://www.football-news.org.uk/footballnews/109109/manchester-united-transfer-rumours-and-latest-news-spurs-are-confident-to-keep-gareth-bale-from-united-and-real-madrid.html

I thougjht you had a salary cap? This could open the flood gates.

We have with the exception of Gareth!

I think its more about keeping your prized asset for one more season and then if he plays as well or better than this one just finishing he can be sold for obscene amounts of money. When dealing with a situation like this then wage caps must be moved to one side as its clearly a one off.

• Like 1

I think its more about keeping your prized asset for one more season and then if he plays as well or better than this one just finishing he can be sold for obscene amounts of money. When dealing with a situation like this then wage caps must be moved to one side as its clearly a one off.

I could be wrong, but my guess is that Levy would rather splash a ton of money Bale's way than let him go and bring in "replacements". By keeping Bale, he has one of the top ten players in the world and also pacifies Spurs fans. Go with got you there and all that. The key would be to find a reasonably priced striker and hope he sets the world on fire a bit. A bit of luck needed, but maybe there is another Michu out there.

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but my guess is that Levy would rather splash a ton of money Bale's way than let him go and bring in "replacements". By keeping Bale, he has one of the top ten players in the world and also pacifies Spurs fans. Go with got you there and all that. The key would be to find a reasonably priced striker and hope he sets the world on fire a bit. A bit of luck needed, but maybe there is another Michu out there.

A non Spurs supporter who actually comes on here and talks sense 113.gif

Very true and thats absolutely the case at the current time i'd have thought. Not sure 31 year old David Villa is the man but right now we will take anyone.

However, the longer term objective is to get as much money for him as possible. He's still improving so it serves our purpose in every way not to sell him now and we won't be.

If you manage to keep Bale and buy another striker (Benteke) you will be looking good for next season.

Yes, to have Sandro and Kaboul back as regular starters and with Dany Rose and Andros Townsend both being recalled its looking much better. I have no doubt Bale will stay but the striker situation is a huge issue. Levy just won't spend the money and as we all know, top notch strikers don't come cheap these days.

What do you think of this line up Mjj;smile.png

Lloris,

Walker Kaboul Vertoghen Rose,

Sandro, Dembele

Lennon Bale Townsend

Lukaku

If you manage to keep Bale and buy another striker (Benteke) you will be looking good for next season.

Yes, to have Sandro and Kaboul back as regular starters and with Dany Rose and Andros Townsend both being recalled its looking much better. I have no doubt Bale will stay but the striker situation is a huge issue. Levy just won't spend the money and as we all know, top notch strikers don't come cheap these days.

Lloris,

Sandro, Dembele

Lennon Bale Townsend

Lukaku

I remember coming on your thread some time ago, suggesting that Sturridge would be a good buy for your lot ( around the time that you were shopping Modric).

I dont recall who it was, but someone said that would never happen as Chelsea would not sell him to you.

Is Lukaku any different?

I think both him and Benteke are both young promising strikers. I would just like to see them another year, which is why I think 25 mill being bandied around for Benteke is a bit rich. I havent seen any prices being quoted for Lukaku.

Lloris,

Sandro, Dembele

Lennon Bale Townsend

Lukaku

I remember coming on your thread some time ago, suggesting that Sturridge would be a good buy for your lot ( around the time that you were shopping Modric).

I dont recall who it was, but someone said that would never happen as Chelsea would not sell him to you.

Is Lukaku any different?

I think both him and Benteke are both young promising strikers. I would just like to see them another year, which is why I think 25 mill being bandied around for Benteke is a bit rich. I havent seen any prices being quoted for Lukaku.

I was joking about Lukaku. The sad reality is that both he and Benteke are valued at figures that Levy will not go to. We have also ended our embarrassing and futile efforts to sign Leandro Damiao. They quite rightly turned down our derisory offers.

Looks like it might be 31 year old David Villa for 10m but i can't see this either because there would be no sell on. Regardless it would be another cop out signing by Levy. A guy past his best, aging and going cheap

So, if anyone knows of a world class striker we can offer europa league to and buy for two bob could you email Daniel Levy. Perhaps Real Madrid would give us 70% discount off Benzema's price tag because we have such a special relationship?

Lloris,

Sandro, Dembele

Lennon Bale Townsend

Lukaku

Is Lukaku any different?

I was joking about Lukaku. The sad reality is that both he and Benteke are valued at figures that Levy will not go to. We have also ended our embarrassing and futile efforts to sign Leandro Damiao. They quite rightly turned down our derisory offers.

Looks like it might be 31 year old David Villa for 10m but i can't see this either because there would be no sell on. Regardless it would be another cop out signing by Levy. A guy past his best, aging and going cheap

So, if anyone knows of a world class striker we can offer europa league to and buy for two bob could you email Daniel Levy. Perhaps Real Madrid would give us 70% discount off Benzema's price tag because we have such a special relationship?

I might be wrong, but I think Lukaku would be significantly less than the 25 mill for Benteke.

Would Chelsea sell him to you for say 15?

Would Levy not rather pay 15 for him than 10 for Villa?

Gomis for 15 mill, capped for France, plays for Lyon, dont know too much about him. Or Aubamayang (sp?) from St Etienne, around 15 mill was being touted earlier in the season as the next big thing

The problem with Levy Jack is best explain like this; If Chelsea offered us Lukaku for 15m Levy would offer them 9m. Another club then comes in and makes a sensible offer and sign him.

If Barcelona offered us Messi in the summer for 1m Levy would try and knock them down to 700k.

Its kinda frustrating tbh!

The problem with Levy Jack is best explain like this; If Chelsea offered us Lukaku for 15m Levy would offer them 9m. Another club then comes in and makes a sensible offer and sign him.

If Barcelona offered us Messi in the summer for 1m Levy would try and knock them down to 700k.

Its kinda frustrating tbh!

cheesy.gif .OK . Frustrating isnt the word I would use.

Lloris,

Sandro, Dembele

Lennon Bale Townsend

Lukaku

Is Lukaku any different?

Not that it really matters but I think you'll find that it was me suggesting we should buy sturridge and smokie memorably thumbsup.gif saying it ' will never happen' As for villa, well what a finisher and player he's been, but 31 and just ish back from a long term injury!!! Well this season we've seen the hudd, asseo boy and parker all return from mid to long term injuries and not one of them have regularly hit the pre injury heights,, but you never know a new challenge may give him the extra push that might be needed, who knows at 12 m worth a punt?.

As 4 lukaka I'de be reasonably content with him , pace power and hungry, reminds me a bit of a young cyril regis anyone? but would he suit vb preferred style? villa would, but would lukaka,,,, not sure...but saying one of the things i'm surprised/impressed with vb is that he's prepared to adapt. and as for the price, didn't the chavs wedge out stupidly large 4 him?up 2 20 if i recall correctly, probably not thenrolleyes.gif , but with a reality check !!!!shouldn't 15m be able to buy a reserve striker?

As for benteke, ide be v v surprised if villa let him go, clause any one?, 4 less than 25 and even then i think it will be a fight ie wages ect ect and would levy be in the frame 4 that?, somehow I doubt it. But lets not forget were all assuming here that vb bucks the Hispanic trend and changes his mind about 'running with 2 strikers'!!!!!!

Edited by rijit