Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I think Chelsea would let Spurs sign their players as we have sold to Arsenal and Liverpool before. We bought Lukaku for around the £20m mark and tbh I think a sale (as Carmine stated) would never be on the cards.

Even though it would never happen a loan deal might be ideal. Personally I want Lukaku playing for Chelsea next season, but the rumours are that he will go on another loan. Spurs as opposed to WBA or Swansea would be great for both parties - Spurs get a good (or ever improving) striker and Chelsea get to see what he is like at the sharp end of the league.

I think this summer is make or break for Spurs. I do think you can keep Bale, but he will want assurances that Spurs are going to strengthen.

If Levy is being a tight ar5e, Kone will be going cheap? 11 goals 5 assist and valued at £4.4m on transfermarkt.

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has named former club Chelsea as favourites to win the 2014 Premier League title.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22573065

I think AVB shows good judgement, though I'm not convinced Chelsea will be champions, but with one or two additions they are going to be hard to beat and will certainly be in the top three again IMO and the points gap won't be so big.

Edited by uptheos

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has named former club Chelsea as favourites to win the 2014 Premier League title.

I think AVB shows good judgement, though I'm not convinced Chelsea will be champions, but with one or two additions they are going to be hard to beat and will certainly be in the top three again IMO and the points gap won't be so big.

I'll say it again, i think Chelsea are the team to beat to be challenged by City under Pellegrini, if he is appointed and of course if Mourinho is back. Lets wait and see but if these appointments pan out thats the way it will go

I'll say it again, i think Chelsea are the team to beat to be challenged by City under Pellegrini, if he is appointed and of course if Mourinho is back. Lets wait and see but if these appointments pan out thats the way it will go

Nah, they will be challenging Man U and anyone who thinks differently needn't go to Ladbrokes........just pm me.

• Like 1

Nah, they will be challenging Man U and anyone who thinks differently needn't go to Ladbrokes........just pm me.

And me....whistling.gif i will take the bet Carmine

Like i said, we'll see won't we!! Lots to fall in place yet

Nah, theres a chill wind blowing and you know it!biggrin.png Ask an Aberdeen fan

Hey get off my cloud, I want it all! laugh.png

good 'politic' move by vb bringing in a buffer between dressing room and the board ie levy, something that could well make work well for him

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/andre-villasboas-ready-to-spark-tottenham-revolution-8621819.html

actually the times was a better read, but you need a subscription wacko.png

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Uptheos, i'm not baiting Mr Ed at all. I really think its downhill for them. Its been so easy for a generation of Utd fans to think that they are the great Utd and thats the way it is. They have forgotten or have no comprehension of how good and how much Ferguson did for the club. I don't want to dwell on it on our thread but just to explain my views.

good 'politic' move by vb bringing in a buffer between dressing room and the board ie levy, something that could well make work well for him

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/andre-villasboas-ready-to-spark-tottenham-revolution-8621819.html

actually the times was a better read, but you need a subscription wacko.png

He has an old head on young shoulders and i think he has learnt hugely from the Chelsea experience.

He's still learning but has shown great character in the firing line of the trash football tabloids. In AVB we are in good hands. Lets hope Levy gives him the support he's in need of

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Uptheos, i'm not baiting Mr Ed at all. I really think its downhill for them. Its been so easy for a generation of Utd fans to think that they are the great Utd and thats the way it is. They have forgotten or have no comprehension of how good and how much Ferguson did for the club. I don't want to dwell on it on our thread but just to explain my views.

OK just to answer and then finish. I didn't think you were baiting anyone, I genuinely think you feel Man U will be out of it. I on the other hand think Man U will be as good as ever. Just two different opinions and looking forward to next season.......bloody True Visions!!

OK just to answer and then finish. I didn't think you were baiting anyone, I genuinely think you feel Man U will be out of it. I on the other hand think Man U will be as good as ever. Just two different opinions and looking forward to next season.......bloody True Visions!!

Oh no not out of it by any shot. They are just in the scrum now with the rest of us.

Many on here misjudge by dislike of Ferguson's characteristics with my huge respect for his ability and achievements as a football manager

Oh no not out of it by any shot. They are just in the scrum now with the rest of us.

Many on here misjudge by dislike of Ferguson's characteristics with my huge respect for his ability and achievements as a football manager

They were just in the scrum this year, Man City were favourites. wink.png

• Like 1

They were just in the scrum this year, Man City were favourites. wink.png

Sadly never in the scrum under Ferguson, just the team to beat. Thank the Lord he's retiring!!!

Carmine

We where not the United of the last 20 years this season even under Ferguson,it is time for a change and i can see now that Ferguson believed he is losing his edge maybe because of age or just the modern games dimension has caught up with him either way i think it is time United moved on and it is strange how you and your mates are not even contemplating United getting back to where they were a few seasons ago ....and i mean playing the attractive football that we love without hitting 5th gear .......how would you feel if Moyes improved the work and squad that Ferge has been working on?

It isn't out of the question is it! wink.png

Especially if we Moyes buys well this summer.

Carmine

We where not the United of the last 20 years this season even under Ferguson,it is time for a change and i can see now that Ferguson believed he is losing his edge maybe because of age or just the modern games dimension has caught up with him either way i think it is time United moved on and it is strange how you and your mates are not even contemplating United getting back to where they were a few seasons ago ....and i mean playing the attractive football that we love without hitting 5th gear .......how would you feel if Moyes improved the work and squad that Ferge has been working on?

Yes i'd love to have a manager that has lost his edge and won the title with about a month to go! laugh.png

Listen to the Aberdeen fans mate!

yeah clubs and fans get 'spoilt' and forget how easy it is to slip down the league.

Carmine

Yes i'd love to have a manager that has lost his edge and won the title with about a month to go! laugh.png

Aberdeen fans???

Yes we won the title with easy and we didnt play well did we.

Carmine

Aberdeen fans???

Yes we won the title with easy and we didnt play well did we.

And thats got to do with tottenham because?

I knew fergie and aberdeen did us a 'stand up' thumbsup.gif

Who is the only football player to have appeared on Top of the Pops TWICE on the same night singing different songs?

Edited by rijit

puke bucket anyone ? tongue.png

Only for the chairman.

Typical 88 mins from us....totally dominated the game and should have been 5-0 up by the time Bale let his left foot do the talking.

Adebayor/Defoe need to leave this summer and be replaced by strikers who create and score goals. Both of them are useless.

As for the rest of the team I am reasonably happy.

Disappointed but there you go....thanks for that Daniel.....

Sorry guys

Bale managed a goal in the final minutes, and have to admit, at that point I got even more nervous that we might mess it up and give away a goal

You guys had a great season. But we needed that win and that forth spot.