Tottenham Thread

chonabot

puke bucket anyone ? tongue.png

Only for the chairman.

Typical 88 mins from us....totally dominated the game and should have been 5-0 up by the time Bale let his left foot do the talking.

Adebayor/Defoe need to leave this summer and be replaced by strikers who create and score goals. Both of them are useless.

As for the rest of the team I am reasonably happy.

Disappointed but there you go....thanks for that Daniel.....

i give you lot something for taking it to the last game of the season and you know my feelings about where the Arsenal are going if the board don't pull their fingers out.

one thing i think you should take heart from is that as a club you've got that never die attitude now, even when the chips are down and things aren't going your way.

sign of a good team that !

just hope your chairman realizes it.

Glad to see the 1-0 victory though it meant little. The ref was blind and a draw or loss would have been a major injustice. Did Bale's history of tripping over thin air cost him that penalty call ? You'd have to think definitely maybe.

He really is amazing with those late game rocket goals.

I am guessing, hat considering that Spuds finished 5th this year, as opposed to 4th last year that a Spuds in Decline thread is in the offering.

Spare this forum another dual thread. It is confusing enough already! blink.png

We huffed and puffed and blew their house down,,,,, just, a warranted victory against a dull and not particularly adventurousness sunderland managed by the fascist scum boy,,, thought everyone put in a shift, though some more effectively than others. would really like to see verity playin JUST in front of a back pairing of kaboul and caulker next season , sorry but he's to good a footballer to be harnessed solely as a c/b and unless we use him, caulker will be off , in fact i wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers Wasn't sniffing around already. Disappointed at 5th? yeah, surprised ? not in the least, as a squad , imo, we really haven't stepped on this season and unless vb brings in fresh blood, upfront in particular

where there is no competition, now that really is f--- cin stupid,, worse school boy stupid,, i fear we could well be looking back at this season as a crescendo!!! As for bale, pleat on 5 live very demonstratively said he wasn't leaving,,as though he knew something????and you know what ,,, i was quite surprised that i actually believed him, but we will see though.

Edited by rijit

Hard luck Spuds. Was a close run thing. Wonder which club Bale will be leaving for? whistling.gif

Spurs lost fourth spot in the January transfer window, they bought nothing of any use and everyone knew what they needed to consolidate. However, I still think they did well and I look forward to seeing them play the other top four EPL teams in the Europa league sometime next season wink.png (you know it makes sense).

I really don't think Bale will stay and that magnificent goal in the last few minutes of the season will be the one sticking in a lot of managers minds, he could have finished the season on a whimper but instead he finished with a magnificent goal and should definitely have had a penalty! I think he needs and deserves CL football and in general he should have a go at the highest level. For me that leaves two choices Real Madrid or Man U. I still think he will go to Man U in a player exchange deal, if Rooney was offered and if he agreed, I think Spurs would do a deal.....other Man U players I'm not sure, but who knows they bought Holtby for some reason. One thing is for sure, if Bale goes it will be an extremely hard job to replace him.......or rather impossible, it will leave a massive crater in the Spurs team.

Hard luck Spuds. Was a close run thing. Wonder which club Bale will be leaving for? whistling.gif

Spurs lost fourth spot in the January transfer window, they bought nothing of any use and everyone knew what they needed to consolidate. However, I still think they did well and I look forward to seeing them play the other top four EPL teams in the Europa league sometime next season wink.png (you know it makes sense).

I really don't think Bale will stay and that magnificent goal in the last few minutes of the season will be the one sticking in a lot of managers minds, he could have finished the season on a whimper but instead he finished with a magnificent goal and should definitely have had a penalty! I think he needs and deserves CL football and in general he should have a go at the highest level. For me that leaves two choices Real Madrid or Man U. I still think he will go to Man U in a player exchange deal, if Rooney was offered and if he agreed, I think Spurs would do a deal.....other Man U players I'm not sure, but who knows they bought Holtby for some reason. One thing is for sure, if Bale goes it will be an extremely hard job to replace him.......or rather impossible, it will leave a massive crater in the Spurs team.

Crickey i didn't know it was that bad. How dramatic.

I thought Gareth was playing for us next season, Sandro Townsend and Kaboul will be back and we are buying a striker. I thought we had achieved our highest points total since the league was formed and missed CL qualification by a whisker!

Come down pal and don't be such a drama queenbiggrin.png

Crickey i didn't know it was that bad. How dramatic.

I thought Gareth was playing for us next season, Sandro Townsend and Kaboul will be back and we are buying a striker. I thought we had achieved our highest points total since the league was formed and missed CL qualification by a whisker!

Come down pal and don't be such a drama queenbiggrin.png

I didn't say 'it was that bad' but I guess your interpretation is clouded by how disappointed you must feel this morning. It's Ok you can vent your frustration on me. smile.png

Edited by uptheos

Nah. I got over my disappointment initially two days after we lost at home to Fulham and finally at the final whistle of the 12-2 draw at Chelsea. Last night was no buggy for ma at all, as i expected both ourselves and Arsenal to win. Why have i said different in the last few days?

Despite what many would like to think, Gareth's not leaving and its been a very strong season for us bar the january failings of Daniel Levy.

Nah. I got over my disappointment initially two days after we lost at home to Fulham and finally at the final whistle of the 12-2 draw at Chelsea. Last night was no buggy for ma at all, as i expected both ourselves and Arsenal to win. Why have i said different in the last few days?

Despite what many would like to think, Gareth's not leaving and its been a very strong season for us bar the january failings of Daniel Levy.

Nope, but it wouldn't be natural not to feel a bit disappointed....you continue to surprise me.

You can start running Moutinho through your mind again. biggrin.png

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4934151/Joao-Moutinho-on-AVBs-summer-transfer-shopping-list.html

Cheers to tears springs to mind 4.gif

To be fair we would have took 72 points at the beginning of the season.Probaly 2 players short ( and we know who that is down too) and perhaps would have even got there if Kabul had stayed fit.Anyway taking into consideration our wage bill is the 6th highest in the league we have done better than expected so heres hoping that our wage bill goes up substantially next season.

Footnote : Probaly don't need to many signings for next season, if Bale is too continue in the middle someone who can play on either wing as well as Townsend, a creative mid, perhaps a left back as well as Rose and a centre forward ( preferby not Villa).

Nope, but it wouldn't be natural not to feel a bit disappointed....you continue to surprise me.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4934151/Joao-Moutinho-on-AVBs-summer-transfer-shopping-list.html

Like i said i got over my disappointment a while ago. We only have ourselves to blame because we handed it to Arsenal on a plate. Thats two seasons on the trot now, but i'd rather dwell on the positives.

Cheers to tears springs to mind 4.gif

To be fair we would have took 72 points at the beginning of the season.Probaly 2 players short ( and we know who that is down too) and perhaps would have even got there if Kabul had stayed fit.Anyway taking into consideration our wage bill is the 6th highest in the league we have done better than expected so heres hoping that our wage bill goes up substantially next season.

Footnote : Probaly don't need to many signings for next season, if Bale is too continue in the middle someone who can play on either wing as well as Townsend, a creative mid, perhaps a left back as well as Rose and a centre forward ( preferby not Villa).

Correct mate and absolutely no chance of getting those playerslaugh.png Especially not if Levy continues his downgrade the player and bin the cash difference transfer policy he seems to have adopted!!

Like i said i got over my disappointment a while ago. We only have ourselves to blame because we handed it to Arsenal on a plate. Thats two seasons on the trot now, but i'd rather dwell on the positives.

Yes carms, i'm comparing the disappoinment to a bit like a bird your seeing mucking you about for 3 months and you getting the idea that she is not really interested (never happened to me by the way ), when she finally gives you the heave ho its no big shock and you've normally got something else lined up by then anyway.

Edited by alfieconn

Yes carms, i'm comparing the disappoinment to a bit like a bird your seeing mucking you about for 3 months and you getting the idea that she is not really interested (never happened to me by the way ), when she finally gives you the heave ho its no big shock and you've normally got something else lined up by then anyway.

I guess life here lessens the disappointment......those who have paid their money and followed Spurs through thick and thin including terrible weather, sure looked disappointed to me. sad.png

I can't see besides hope why you think Bale is staying chaps...it is a certainty that he is off add what he has experienced with your tightarse chairmen and the fact that he said he would stay if you qualified for the champions league(you didn't)he will be off to United with a part exchange deal with Rooney and maybe one more.

It is as clear as day boys now just except it will ya! biggrin.png

I can't see besides hope why you think Bale is staying chaps...it is a certainty that he is off add what he has experienced with your tightarse chairmen and the fact that he said he would stay if you qualified for the champions league(you didn't)he will be off to United with a part exchange deal with Rooney and maybe one more.

I'm sure you are right Ed. Word is he was so inspired by the Moyes appointment he's off to OT tomorrow. Who can argue! Thats what you get when you have such an awe inspiring figure at the helm, famed for his charisma and champagne footballcoffee1.gif

I'm sure you are right Ed. Word is he was so inspired by the Moyes appointment he's off to OT tomorrow. Who can argue! Thats what you get when you have such an awe inspiring figure at the helm, famed for his charisma and champagne footballcoffee1.gif

I know your still upset mate but think of the money and Rooney who i know you like maybe we could throw a nanny(sp) in too biggrin.png

Got to say Bale has been outstanding this season and where ever he goes will be a huge asset and even a League winning asset in any of the top four side.

We know he won't go to the Arse and Chelsea ....so us or city i think is a given and with Rooney wanting out! the only club we would like him to go to is your lot.

I cannot see him going to Madrid who have Ronaldo so Bayern? Barca? are the only real competition in plain logic.

Chin up

Edited by MrRed

Magic Tottenham moments #23,914:

3rd of March....."Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas believes beating Arsenal has put Arsène Wenger’s side into a negative spiral that will be impossible to escape; and left Spurs with the confidence to finish above them."

Arsenal record since 3rd March:

WWWWDWDWWW

And that's why it stands for Another Vacancy Beckons

cheesy.gif

Edited by Chicog

Man United are set to launch a mammoth bid for Tottenham winger Gareth Bale as David Moyes sets about moves to bring in summer additions to strengthen his Old Trafford squad.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/19/exclusive-man-united-to-launch-60m-bid-for-tottenham-attacker-gareth-bale/

£60m plus Rooney might tempt Levy aye....

Plus the promise of filming Season 2 of "My big fat gypsy wedding", as if you haven't got enough pikies already,

biggrin.png