Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Man United are set to launch a mammoth bid for Tottenham winger Gareth Bale as David Moyes sets about moves to bring in summer additions to strengthen his Old Trafford squad.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/19/exclusive-man-united-to-launch-60m-bid-for-tottenham-attacker-gareth-bale/

£60m plus Rooney might tempt Levy aye....

I don't think they would start that high, maybe £40m + Rooney. If Man U are seriously after Bale, then regardless of what you, I or anyone else thinks, if AVB happens to like any of the others that 'might' be offered then the deal will be done. I dunno he might fancy Valencia, Nani, Rooney, Anderson et al, who knows?.....I mean after all, he did buy Holtby. sad.png

Edited by uptheos

The smiles will be mine when your board fail to cough up yet again Chicog. wink.png

And that is about all you have to look forward to, innit?

biggrin.png

Unless some miracle allows us to sell Adebayor and buy a better striker.

The smiles will be mine when your board fail to cough up yet again Chicog. wink.png

biggrin.png

Well theres always seeing you fail to qualify for the league proper isn't there? I mean, you do have a two leg qualifier don't you?

• Like 1

biggrin.png

Well theres always seeing you fail to qualify for the league proper isn't there? I mean, you do have a two leg qualifier don't you?

That would not do ANY of the English clubs a favour - if you know your football

biggrin.png

How are you feeling today smokes? would you prefer Rooney to Adeybayor?

biggrin.png

How are you feeling today smokes? would you prefer Rooney to Adeybayor?

Only in a straight cash deal thanks mate. biggrin.png

Regarding your other thread, my little ribbetting friend, we are still a team taking shape under a new manager with some fantastic players and performances albeit lacking in the goalscoring area.

We'll fix that next season and take six rather than four off your lot. :)

Regarding your other thread, my little ribbetting friend, we are still a team taking shape under a new manager with some fantastic players and performances albeit lacking in the goalscoring area.

We'll fix that next season and take six rather than four off your lot. smile.png

Four?

Are you in denial about all the 5-2's then?

biggrin.png

Anyway, this will cheer you up.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-gareth-bale-signs-130000aweek-contract-with-spurs--but-can-leave-next-summer-for-50m-8623742.html

Regarding your other thread, my little ribbetting friend, we are still a team taking shape under a new manager with some fantastic players and performances albeit lacking in the goalscoring area.We'll fix that next season and take six rather than four off your lot. :)

Well Carmel has been quite today. :-p

Regarding your other thread, my little ribbetting friend, we are still a team taking shape under a new manager with some fantastic players and performances albeit lacking in the goalscoring area.We'll fix that next season and take six rather than four off your lot. smile.png

Yep sorry about this but i'm just a bit bored with the repeat jokes, the monotomy, the sneering and gloating! Classless. Can't be bothered if we're not talking football. Fair enough? Now, if someone would actually come out with something original we'd all probably enjoy it! biggrin.png

Regarding your other thread, my little ribbetting friend, we are still a team taking shape under a new manager with some fantastic players and performances albeit lacking in the goalscoring area.We'll fix that next season and take six rather than four off your lot. smile.png

Yep sorry about this but i'm just a bit bored with the repeat jokes, the monotomy, the sneering and gloating! Classless. Can't be bothered if we're not talking football. Fair enough? Now, if someone would actually come out with something original we'd all probably enjoy it! biggrin.png

Now you understand how we feel when you come out with your drivel about United wink.png glass house and all that me old china!

Now you understand how we feel when you come out with your drivel about United wink.png glass house and all that me old china!

Stop sounding so bitter. He's gone and he ain't coming back...neithers Fergusonlaugh.png

Edited by carmine

So will Bale stay, or will he go?

That is not a gloat, it's a serious question to the Spuds fans.

There are many stories, but I think Spurs are trying hard to keep him. However, he will want big compensation as outlined in the link below, so the question is; if someone comes knocking with £50-60 m plus they offload £200K a week in salary, will the chairman refuse such a tempting offer?

Bale's plea tests Levy to the limit: Welsh wizard wants £200k a week to stay after Spurs miss out on the Champions League

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2327977/Gareth-Bale-test-Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-Levy-limit.html

I see the bottlers run through the whole club. :-)

Bale will stay. Just another nail in the Man U coffin. Pogba says see ya, Lucas Moura says nah, Hazard says nah, Bale to say nah.

You're wrond mate. I'm sure Moyes has the reputation and charisma to attract the best! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He's staying.

Now, do you think Utd will finish in the top four next season?

Yes, they will finish in the top four. They are not going to implode as much as you are all wishing.

He's staying.

Yes, they will finish in the top four. They are not going to implode as much as you are all wishing.

Well lets see. I think that the opening five fixtures need to be kind to Moyes. He needs atleast three gimmes in those five or their will be a feeding frenzy.

He's staying.

Well lets see. I think that the opening five fixtures need to be kind to Moyes. He needs atleast three gimmes in those five or their will be a feeding frenzy.

That's a given, after all as Man U run the FA the fixtures will be kind.