Tottenham Thread

chonabot

There always is in the close season.

I hope we are gonna get.back to normal soon.....three points for us at the weekend.

COYS.

Palace.....it should be a given, otherwise a torrent of sh*te will be flying round here

Edited by BangrakBob

Been looking at him this morning. Know very little about him.

He looks big and strong on the various YouTube links but that doesn't show whole games of course.

He has 6 international caps scoring his first goal for France v Belarus last September at the Stadt de France. Can view it here:

Wearing 20. He was playing midfield that day. FF to 1 minute.

He's right footed and had 34 appearances in Ligue 1 last season, of which 6 were at centre back. He scored 8 goals in all competitions (right foot, left foot and headers).

The Toulouse president is quoted as saying both Arsenal and Spurs made offers for Capoue in the last January window, but these were rejected. Good we beat the gooners to him (if indeed the reports are true).

Not sure yet if he is the answer to our CB difficulties, but his interchangeability CB/MF is a good longer term dimension providing cover for both.

Another snippet to add on Capoue:

The 6 ft 2 in midfielder was often described as the most intimidating player in Ligue 1 last season.

The statistics show that no other player won more 50-50 tackles, whilst he picked up a yellow card every four games on average.

Capoue is not afraid to put himself about in the slightest, meaning he should relish the physical challenge the Premier League poses.

It was only a question of time for the media to catch up with what I was saying 4 weeks ago. Spurs to win the Premiership.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/08/11/vr-the-two-decisions-that-could-see-tottenham-win-the-title/?

sorry ian but, Vincent Ralph....an online blogger on no name finance website, with no real football credentials is hardly a media back up to your statement of 4 weeks ago, just some bloke

It was only a question of time for the media to catch up with what I was saying 4 weeks ago. Spurs to win the Premiership.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/08/11/vr-the-two-decisions-that-could-see-tottenham-win-the-title/?

sorry ian but, Vincent Ralph....an online blogger on no name finance website, with no real football credentials is hardly a media back up to your statement of 4 weeks ago, just some bloke

TBH though. What he says seems factual and correct.

His prediction of possibility not unrealistic.

• Like 1

Give it 14 days and the story will be everywhere.

Its the strength in depth rather than just additional quality which makes me smile.

I despaired of our bench a couple of years ago.

yeah spurs look a genuine top quality squad now whereas a couple of years back, as you say, they simply didn't. villas boas continues to impress.

• Like 1

Over blowing the trumpet ian can come bac and haunt you!!!!

and its been the same with us for the last 40ish years, great looking squad, but !!!!!

and lets hope out early defensive frailties don't carry on into the prem

saying that we do have a bloody good and deep squad biggrin.png

Edited by rijit

I hope we can field a defense on sunday Alf...looking rather doubtful at the mo!!

I think it will be Daws and Kaboul carms !

Yes, both right footed and neither fully match fit methinks!whistling.gif

Our two Brazillians better build a wall infront of them!!

I hope we can field a defense on sunday Alf...looking rather doubtful at the mo!!

I think they will do well against Palace along with Rose and Walker.

Question is will the new boy Capoue be ready to make up the '3' in midfield. If Sandro is fit, we have a good choice along with Paulinho and Dembele. (3 from 4)

Up front. Soldado, Lennon and Siggy?

I just get the impression that Chadli might need a few more weeks? Could come off the bench.

Yes, both right footed and neither fully match fit methinks!whistling.gif

Our two Brazillians better build a wall infront of them!!

Can't see why Dawson wouldn't be, only missed one pre season friendly and played a full 90 mins on Saturday.

Question is will the new boy Capoue be ready to make up the '3' in midfield. If Sandro is fit, we have a good choice along with Paulinho and Dembele. (3 from 4)

I just get the impression that Chadli might need a few more weeks? Could come off the bench.

This is where our squad strength comes to the fore. He has a choice of Lennon Chadli or Townsend playing wide. Chadli and Townsend happy either side He can switch formations easily using Dembele and Gylfi more centrally. Then we add Bale to the mix when his foot injury is sorted. You have Sandro and Capoue covering defensive midfield duties with Paulinho playing a box to box role. Then theres Holtby who's quite versatile.

Up top Soldado looks really sharp, great anticipation and seems to have settled immediately. Adebayor? I doubt he'll stay but what an asset he could be.

Vertonghen's only likely to miss the one game and with a new center back hopefully on the way we are very strong.

Not interested in any predictions until after christmas but every Spurs fan must look at this squad as the strongest assembled in many years.

• Like 1

This is where our squad strength comes to the fore. He has a choice of Lennon Chadli or Townsend playing wide. Chadli and Townsend happy either side He can switch formations easily using Dembele and Gylfi more centrally. Then we add Bale to the mix when his foot injury is sorted. You have Sandro and Capoue covering defensive midfield duties with Paulinho playing a box to box role. Then theres Holtby who's quite versatile.

Up top Soldado looks really sharp, great anticipation and seems to have settled immediately. Adebayor? I doubt he'll stay but what an asset he could be.

Vertonghen's only likely to miss the one game and with a new center back hopefully on the way we are very strong.

Not interested in any predictions until after christmas but every Spurs fan must look at this squad as the strongest assembled in many years.

So with all those wonderful signings Carms......and the great manager you have in place ........you should finish above the rags cos they are <deleted> and have not bought anybody and have a <deleted> new manager to boot!!

What do you think easy yeah?

So with all those wonderful signings Carms......and the great manager you have in place ........you should finish above the rags cos they are <deleted> and have not bought anybody and have a <deleted> new manager to boot!!

What do you think easy yeah?

I think 40/1 with Corals is looking very tasty