Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Yep, welcome Nick. I am a rookie in here and also took time to understand how the different threads work. Give as good as you get, most of them take it in good banter spirit, a few are complete plonkers, and the vast majority look to our thread before looking at their own team's poorly subscribed thread. COYS

Seems we have a situation brewing with Adebayor, ofcourse aided by media sh*t stirring and some ill chosen comments by that useless goal shy midget Defoe.

It's going to be a test of AVB's man management especially when the likes of Defoe. has chosen to throw his hat in with Adebayor.

Time to get rid of Defoe now. He's 30 next birthday but there just might be a club desperate enough to pay money for his limited talent.

Both these two would represent a very large reduction in wages to facilitate a new transfer for someone like a player from Juve or wherever!! With our attacking midfield options two's arguably enough.

I can't work it out carms, if a player hasn't trained for say 7 weeks then its obvious that he isn't fit thus he wouldn't be doing the same training as the first team squad, thus he would train somewhere else ! unless there's more to it than that of course.

correct mate and perhaps the media are unaware that Kaboul and Sandro were training with the reserves for quite a while. Its normal. Lower intensity than first team.

But ofcourse lets remind ourselves that the vast majority of the football media in the uk are hacks anyway that spend most their time plagerizing bullshit from each other

Edited by carmine

Yep, welcome Nick. I am a rookie in here and also took time to understand how the different threads work. Give as good as you get, most of them take it in good banter spirit, a few are complete plonkers, and the vast majority look to our thread before looking at their own team's poorly subscribed thread. COYS

Hi Ian

I've been on these forums for 20 years, and truly give as good as I get...

I was at WHL back in the 70's when we played West Ham at home, when the Hammers were as usual taunting us with Yids, so for the first time the Spurs supporters (all) started to sing "we are the yids", and it was really funny that evening, and took the sting out of the vile West Ham taunting. It should be allowed in my opinion, as it was used to stop the anti Semitism.... what's your opinion?

As for the other sad supporters to need to get their enjoyment on our thread, they are simply that 'sad'.... I will bide my time, and retaliate when they least expect it biggrin.png .

Where do you watch the games?

Sorry brother nick i forgot to welcome you to the Spurs forum,anyway we tend to take other posters who post on here very lightly as most them don't seem to know their arse from their elbow laugh.png

Or the offside rule biggrin.png

• Like 1

Sorry brother nick i forgot to welcome you to the Spurs forum,anyway we tend to take other posters who post on here very lightly as most them don't seem to know their arse from their elbow laugh.png

Sorry you've lost me there Red, can you elaborate please tongue.png

I think we need more female lines-women but they must meet specific regulations.

I think we need more female lines-women but they must meet specific regulations.

Will this do Mr Red?

walker-shouted-at.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Ian

I was at WHL back in the 70's when we played West Ham at home, when the Hammers were as usual taunting us with Yids, so for the first time the Spurs supporters (all) started to sing "we are the yids", and it was really funny that evening, and took the sting out of the vile West Ham taunting. It should be allowed in my opinion, as it was used to stop the anti Semitism.... what's your opinion?

As for the other sad supporters to need to get their enjoyment on our thread, they are simply that 'sad'.... I will bide my time, and retaliate when they least expect it biggrin.png .

Massive can of worms your opening there regarding the yid use. I understand the concept behind embracing the term to take the sting out of it, but my guess is that the majority of the supporters singing it are not Jewish.

Using this model would it be OK, if black players that have been subjected to the N word had there white supporters singing 'we are the n...' , no of course not, but it is following the same ideal.

Hi Ian

Massive can of worms your opening there regarding the yid use. I understand the concept behind embracing the term to take the sting out of it, but my guess is that the majority of the supporters singing it are not Jewish.

Using this model would it be OK, if black players that have been subjected to the N word had there white supporters singing 'we are the n...' , no of course not, but it is following the same ideal.

I think Spurs fans are no different from any others, they support a club for various reasons and the race thing is not a part of the reason why they choose a particular club. Singing 'we are the yid army', doesn't mean there are not anti Semite's among them. I'm sure they have the same ratio of racists and anti Semite's as any other club.

Edited by uptheos

Yes, a bit embarrassing each season watching British teams falling at the first hurdle. Chelsea last night, Arse in a couple of weeks... seems like we need a good team back in there, like Spurs, put back a bit of pride into English football again.

Channel 5 doesn't count mate.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

ot to welcome you to the Spurs forum,anyway we tend to take other posters who post on here very lightly as most them don't seem to know their arse from their elbow laugh.png

Will this do Mr Red?

walker-shouted-at.jpg

Nowhere near the caliber i am imagining mate

maria_sharapova1.jpg

ot to welcome you to the Spurs forum,anyway we tend to take other posters who post on here very lightly as most them don't seem to know their arse from their elbow laugh.png

Will this do Mr Red?

walker-shouted-at.jpg

maria_sharapova1.jpg

Yeah, but who would watch the game?

Will this do Mr Red?

walker-shouted-at.jpg

maria_sharapova1.jpg

Yowzah ! Might be the most alluring pic I've ever seen of that lines-woman.clap2.gif

I was at the Lane on Saturday. The following words reverberated around the ground a good many times, and as far as one could tell all supporters were on there feet in defiance:

we'll sing what we want

we'll sing what we want

We're Tottenham Hotspur, we'll sing what we want

yids, yiddo and yid army is synonymous with everyone at the club, and it is crystal clear that our Jewish owner (Joe Lewis) our Jewish Chairman and some Jewish management there is no offence taken by anyone of them.

Sadly I suspect in the fullness of time the PC do gooders will win the day and an ultimatum to desist will be issued at some point. Sad!

• Like 2

Hi Ian

I think it will peeter out. Its being fueled by precious celebrity wallflowers like Daviv Baddiel. He's well aware that no disrespect is meant and i wish he would toddle down the way to Arsenal where he belongs. Others are hopping on the bandwagon like this black career minded FA official probably using this issue as a useful tool to gain media attention to himself.

Personally i don't care whats said as long as we take three points at Cardiff

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Seems we have a situation brewing with Adebayor, ofcourse aided by media sh*t stirring and some ill chosen comments by that useless goal shy midget Defoe.

It's going to be a test of AVB's man management especially when the likes of Defoe. has chosen to throw his hat in with Adebayor.

Time to get rid of Defoe now. He's 30 next birthday but there just might be a club desperate enough to pay money for his limited talent.

Both these two would represent a very large reduction in wages to facilitate a new transfer for someone like a player from Juve or wherever!! With our attacking midfield options two's arguably enough.

Could be a media spin, they need something to fill their days with now GB has gone Spanish. I agree any degree of bickering by any player needs to be slapped down quick. If Defoe really said it to Sky, then stick him in the reserves, no place on the bench.... Slapped and brought into line.

For the wider picture it makes sense to get Adebayor fit, and when ready, train with the squad and be available. I see no evidence that AVB is permanently keeping him out. We may well need both him and Defoe for Europa League, League Cup and FA Cup runs given that our priority is to win the Premiership!

I enjoy your posts Ian,good to see you have your teams priorities in cloud cuckoo land again! thumbsup.gif

Could be a media spin, they need something to fill their days with now GB has gone Spanish. I agree any degree of bickering by any player needs to be slapped down quick. If Defoe really said it to Sky, then stick him in the reserves, no place on the bench.... Slapped and brought into line.

For the wider picture it makes sense to get Adebayor fit, and when ready, train with the squad and be available. I see no evidence that AVB is permanently keeping him out. We may well need both him and Defoe for Europa League, League Cup and FA Cup runs given that our priority is to win the Premiership!

I enjoy your posts Ian,good to see you have your teams priorities in cloud cuckoo land again! Posted Image

Hahaha. Watch and Shoot. Watch and Shoot!

Hi Ian

I think its great that jewish and non-jewish sing the Yid word together, perhaps if the blacks and whites sung we r N's it would help racial harmony thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

So Tromso tonite. Any views on a possible line up?

I see the back 4 unchanged, with Kaboul making a second half appearance if fit.

I suspect we will see Chadli, Sandro and Holtby at some point if fit. Paulinho to play the full 90 mins.

The mouthwatering prospect is Lamela, Siggurdson, Erikson and Soldado. Tromso must be absolutely crapping themselves.

COYS

I suspect we will see Chadli, Sandro and Holtby at some point if fit. Paulinho to play the full 90 mins.

The mouthwatering prospect is Lamela, Siggurdson, Erikson and Soldado. Tromso must be absolutely crapping themselves.

COYS

Chaldli is still not ready apparently and Chiriches is still awaiting a work permit!

I'd love to see Kaboul make an appearance. Also expect to see Lamela start. He hadn't had enough time getting back from international duty to start last weekend. The prospect of Lamela, Eriksen and Townsend with Soldado up top is an exciting prospect.

Sandro very likely alongside Paulinho too. Defoe should play 45 mins too.

Get the job done and he'll make changes. We don't want any nasty injuries before our little derby on the 28th!

Hi Ian

I think Spurs fans are no different from any others, they support a club for various reasons and the race thing is not a part of the reason why they choose a particular club. Singing 'we are the yid army', doesn't mean there are not anti Semite's among them. I'm sure they have the same ratio of racists and anti Semite's as any other club.

Of course, that's just the way the world is, and always will be, sadly... human beings, not a nice race of people

COYS

Chaldli is still not ready apparently and Chiriches is still awaiting a work permit!

I'd love to see Kaboul make an appearance. Also expect to see Lamela start. He hadn't had enough time getting back from international duty to start last weekend. The prospect of Lamela, Eriksen and Townsend with Soldado up top is an exciting prospect.

Sandro very likely alongside Paulinho too. Defoe should play 45 mins too.

Get the job done and he'll make changes. We don't want any nasty injuries before our little derby on the 28th!

I predict more changes for tonight... I reckon Lamela, Defoe, Holtby, Naughton, Fryers, Kaboul and Sandro to start, and old man Friedel of course, only a couple of players from the weekend IMO

• Like 1