Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Is the game in Moscow tomorrow night being shown over here?

It's an 11pm KO Thai time

I think it is on ITV4, which is covered on 'expat tv'. You can get a free trial and watch it on-line. I have the expat TV box + subscription for a year which lets you watch UK programmes shown over the past 7 days. Good for late footy as I watch it next morning when I wake up. So I get match of the day also and and the championship. Not sure about FA cup yet?

There are other options which fellow footy watchers subscribe to. 365? Is one but I have never used it.

I think it is on ITV4, which is covered on 'expat tv'. You can get a free trial and watch it on-line. I have the expat TV box + subscription for a year which lets you watch UK programmes shown over the past 7 days. Good for late footy as I watch it next morning when I wake up. So I get match of the day also and and the championship. Not sure about FA cup yet?

There are other options which fellow footy watchers subscribe to. 365? Is one but I have never used it.

Thanks Ian but do you know if it's being shown on any of the channels that show over here. I fancy a few late beers out to watch it.

Looks like Soldado is having trouble at the moment interfering with play.

Maybe AVB will give Lamela a run out at Anzhi Makaukelele.

Will be interesting to see what he does....Soldado needs an easy game or two and some goals to fire him up.

West Ham .....

If he can't score against West Ham with the form they're in, I'd start worrying.

To be fair to Soldado, he hasn't had either the luck or best of service. The quick link up play amongst a group of new players was always going to take time aswell so its no buggy for me. Last season we scored less goals from inside the box than anyone bar QPR and poaching inside the box is Soldado's forte.

This suggests we need to improve this area of our play to best suit him.

I'll be very disappointed if fans start to get on his back. If they fancy dissing a player then they should focus on that bellend Adebayor

Not trying to sound obtuse, but why do you think he isn't getting enough service? Is it the same as Chelsea's problem - to slow in the final third, or your midfield lack the killer pass, or Soldado's positioning?

Not trying to sound obtuse, but why do you think he isn't getting enough service? Is it the same as Chelsea's problem - to slow in the final third, or your midfield lack the killer pass, or Soldado's positioning?

Well probably an element of both. The overall problem is playing an entirely new midfield, (with the exception of Gylfi) behind the striker.

Slow build up play can make us slightly predictable until they find a greater understanding, but its coming and frankly were doing much better than i expected. i have no problem at all with Soldado so far although the Chelsea game he went missing rather

Will be interesting to see what he does....Soldado needs an easy game or two and some goals to fire him up.

Right & when do you reckon an easy game or two will happen?I was under the impression that levy had bought the finished article ,hasn't Soldado received the golden boot already,I heard the spurs insisted on it!!

Do you have a point to make?

Well probably an element of both. The overall problem is playing an entirely new midfield, (with the exception of Gylfi) behind the striker.

Slow build up play can make us slightly predictable until they find a greater understanding, but its coming and frankly were doing much better than i expected. i have no problem at all with Soldado so far although the Chelsea game he went missing rather

We can start to make judgements about Soldado at Xmas......I'm sure MrRed will agree with me!

• Like 2

We can start to make judgements about Soldado at Xmas......I'm sure MrRed will agree with me!

I totally agree time is needed and Xmas is not an unrealistic time frame. I posted after the Norwich game (and got no spurs fan feedback or comment incidentally) that Soldado needs the ball to his feet. This is the starting point for me.

Thats better mjj, politeness on this thread gets you a long way 113.gif

Footnote : I think its something like 11 goals have been scored by Spurs and Chels in open play and not one has been scored by a forward !

• Like 1

Thanks Ian but do you know if it's being shown on any of the channels that show over here. I fancy a few late beers out to watch it.

Sorry I really don't know, all I can do is point you to https://www.thaiexpat.tv/index.php. This is online coverage. Good luck

Totally agree....it is nice to see some common sense on this thread for once,lets all jockey until then and see where we are shall we.

A definite low points tally will be at the top at xmas that is for sure....that is if the Arse have not run away by then,that is my only worry at the moment.

What has happened to Lennon?

Totally agree....it is nice to see some common sense on this thread for once,lets all jockey until then and see where we are shall we.

A definite low points tally will be at the top at xmas that is for sure....that is if the Arse have not run away by then,that is my only worry at the moment.

What has happened to Lennon?

Lennon was injured....but available Thursday i think and he should play a part I hope.

Yeah....even your boss deserves to be judged then....but it won't stop me taking the piss out of Whitby Red every day! giggle.gif

• Like 1

I don't think that's likely, given the fixture list and the thinness of the squad.

At the end of October there is the small matter of

Liverpool (H)

B. Dortmund (A)

Man Utd (A)

That will be a very telling week I think. Especially as, if they can beat Dortmund at home the week before, victory in that Dortmund game could very well put them into the CL knockout stages with games to spare.

That's three games where they'll need to be at their best, which is why I'm under no illusions about the Chelsea league cup tie a few days before it starts.

Agree Chicog 80 points could be champions this season check out the spreads on it.

But Arsenal are turning the corner and in my mind are more the favourites to win the league at the moment more so than the bookies favs of Chelsea United and City.

So did Lamela.

Words of wisdom from Shankly.

'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'

Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Chelsea.

Happy Christmas.

There's no doubting Tottenham have bought quality, but if Soldado is the sort of striker that needs service in the box (and his goalscoring record suggests he ain't that bad when he gets it), the totts should be set up how they were when Clive Allen had that superb season.

Otherwise I can't see them getting the best out of him.

There's no doubting Tottenham have bought quality, but if Soldado is the sort of striker that needs service in the box (and his goalscoring record suggests he ain't that bad when he gets it), the totts should be set up how they were when Clive Allen had that superb season.

Are you taking the piss?

Are you taking the piss?

Not at all. He scored all of his goals in the box last season.

Right & when do you reckon an easy game or two will happen?I was under the impression that levy had bought the finished article ,hasn't Soldado received the golden boot already,I heard the spurs insisted on it!!

Do you have a point to make?

Yes ,it'll be the finish to that axe you're grinding.

• Like 1

There is plenty of <deleted> doubting at the moment(Still only 6 games in)you really are starting to talk <deleted> lately......is it because your head is in the clouds like your teams?

There is plenty of fuc_king doubting at the moment(Still only 6 games in)you really are starting to talk <deleted> lately......is it because your head is in the clouds like your teams?

Sorry pal you can have a pop at Arsenal, I'll just laugh in your face, but when even the tiny totts are lording it over you, you can either face facts or snivel.

I see you're choosing the snivelling option.

wink.png