Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Easy win....not much else to say against a crap side really.

Pretty much it although it was a good run out for a few. 66% possession, nearly 800 passes at just under 88% completion kind of tells the story.

I don't understand why Walker wasn't rested and neither too Lloris. Brad needs match time and if he's never going to play then a youngster should be understudy to Lloris.

Its always difficult to play a team with ten men packing their defense and at times we were walking into brick walls and perhaps should have raised the speed and tempo but no complaints. Competent job well done.

Pretty much it although it was a good run out for a few. 66% possession, nearly 800 passes at just under 88% completion kind of tells the story.

I don't understand why Walker wasn't rested and neither too Lloris. Brad needs match time and if he's never going to play then a youngster should be understudy to Lloris.

Its always difficult to play a team with ten men packing their defense and at times we were walking into brick walls and perhaps should have raised the speed and tempo but no complaints. Competent job well done.

Carms, just a small point but what do you make of kaboul and Chiches playing on their supposedly weaker sides ?

Carms, just a small point but what do you make of kaboul and Chiches playing on their supposedly weaker sides ?

Well i think he was desperate to play those two and it just came down as to who was most comfortable in accommodating the other. They both desperately need playing but how frustrating to see Kaboul hobble off again. That was a horrible frozen bobbly pitch wasn't it!

A slow and complacent start I thought, but the playing surface didn't help. Kaboul didn't seem to get the back four organised at all... Put that down to lack of playing time I guess. Very sorry to see him go off....hoping just precautionary. Chiriches showed some spells of being the real deal. He needs more time, as does Lamela..... The latter is going to take a much longer time me thinks. Great Defoe goal; that's what he is there for. Chadli goal, he couldn't believe it.... Won't get many easier than that. A win and job done, but hardly a memorable performance from any player.

A slow and complacent start I thought, but the playing surface didn't help. Kaboul didn't seem to get the back four organised at all... Put that down to lack of playing time I guess. Very sorry to see him go off....hoping just precautionary. Chiriches showed some spells of being the real deal. He needs more time, as does Lamela..... The latter is going to take a much longer time me thinks. Great Defoe goal; that's what he is there for. Chadli goal, he couldn't believe it.... Won't get many easier than that. A win and job done, but hardly a memorable performance from any player.

Not really needed though. Has the Anzhi oligarch got bored with his toy?

Actually this one is quite interesting. He supposedly became fed up with his highly paid mercenaries raking in his rubles but under performing on the pitch week in week out, so decided to totally restructure the club, keeping the experienced home grown for now and working on the youth teams for the future. Reckon its worth keeping an eye on Anzhi to see what actually happens

Edited by carmine

Actually this one is quite interesting. He supposedly became fed up with his highly paid mercenaries raking in his rubles but under performing on the pitch week in week out, so decided to totally restructure the club, keeping the experienced home grown for now and working on the youth teams for the future. Reckon its worth keeping an eye on Anzhi to see what actually happens

Actually you responded to a gooner that made no attempt to comment to the original post in question. But don't worry.... It seems the personally abusive posts of recent days are OK (shame on you all) and evidently supported in this forum.... So crack on, look the other way, walk on the other side of the road and pretend it never happened. Healthy humorous banter is good, personal abuse and attacks not good.

Actually you responded to a gooner that made no attempt to comment to the original post in question. But don't worry.... It seems the personally abusive posts of recent days are OK (shame on you all) and evidently supported in this forum.... So crack on, look the other way, walk on the other side of the road and pretend it never happened. Healthy humorous banter is good, personal abuse and attacks not good.

Sorry, you've lost me! I'm simply commenting on the Anzhi change in football direction.

You made the comment that there was "hardly a memorable performance from any player", to which I replied "Not really needed though". My comment about Anzhi was due to the fact that at one point they had a host of expensive foreign players bought by their rich owner, and they appear to have left.

Carmine understood what I was asking and answered.

If you don't want to talk to the grown ups, go and find a Facebook page or something.

<deleted>.

Edited by mrbojangles

I nailed it with my one liner within an hour of the final whistle.

Let's stick the knife into the Spam!

Every chance you will on Sunday Smokie.

Allardyce won't be too happy.

Just make sure Soldado knows Cockney rhyming slang for the goal is "onion bag".

I don't get it myself. Maybe Defoe does.

I know I'm not a laaaaandener, but this has totally lost me.

• Like 1

Who said it was rhyming slang?

Good point.

I can see Soldado getting even more confused than me.

Sam, Spam, West Ham.

Better play Defoe.

"The rain in Spain...."

AVB will start with Soldado, with Eriksen, Townsend, Gylfi behind him and Paulinho and Dembele. Daws and Vertonghen, Walker and someone at left back!!

• Like 1

Bottom line is - whichever player it is that has not scored for ages, or has never scored for his team - you can bet your bottom dollar he will do it against us (West Ham)

So rest assured all Soldados dreams will come true on Sunday - especially with Defoe breathing down his neck

Bottom line is - whichever player it is that has not scored for ages, or has never scored for his team - you can bet your bottom dollar he will do it against us (West Ham)

So rest assured all Soldados dreams will come true on Sunday - especially with Defoe breathing down his neck

You say that but its never easy to break a team down if they park up. Big problems though for you if we score early

You say that but its never easy to break a team down if they park up. Big problems though for you if we score early

Relax carmine, I've got you down for a 2-0 win.

biggrin.png

Relax carmine, I've got you down for a 2-0 win.

biggrin.png

Oh i'm relaxed but i was actually hoping for a couple more, for the goal difference like!!

Don't like West Ham never have never willbiggrin.png

West Ham did provide the winning World Cup team in 1966 though!????

(3 of my sons support the Hammers. First wife went to school next to the ground; her father was a GP in Forest Gate. He knew many of the player's relatives, used to get free tickets. The old surgery on Green Street is now a halal butchers shop...)

Have a good weekend.

(3 of my sons support the Hammers. First wife went to school next to the ground; her father was a GP in Forest Gate. He knew many of the player's relatives, used to get free tickets. The old surgery on Green Street is now a halal butchers shop...)

Have a good weekend.

How many wifes have you had then SP ? a bit off topic i know but just wondering like smile.png

Have a good weekend.

How many wifes have you had then SP ? a bit off topic i know but just wondering like smile.png

Morning Alfie:

1. Irish Catholic

2. Italian Catholic

3. Thai Buddhist

Thai wife and sons wear Chelsea shirts.

Good luck Alfie.

SP