Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Its going to take time with Lamela, and he'll have to really bust out when he gets a chance if he expects to break into the starting eleven. To be fair Ups Lamela hasn't featured much with Argentina. He's been capped of course, but ordinarily comes on as a sub and I can't recall him having any significant minutes in a game that really meant much. Like with Spurs he's an odd man out, and given Argentina's attacking riches he gets only limited time on the pitch. He'd have to beat out Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, and possibly Lavezzi and Palacio. Ain't happening any time soon barring a slew of injuries.

Alfies point the other day about not buying Lamela had we the beauty of hindsight seeing the rapid rise of Townsend is a point well made. Even without him we have Chadli and Gylfi left, Townsend and Lennon right.

Lamela=Kagawa

No,

1. Kagawa has already had a year to get aclimatised.

2. Lamela is being kept out by an England international at the top of his form.

3. Lamela is 3 years younger and lot less experienced.

4. Kagawa has a second job (Sushi Chef) where as Lamela hasn't.

To be fair alfie, in his career he's played for River Plate, Roma an Argentinian international who moved to Spurs for a huge fee. How much experience does he need?

Who said he didn't have enough experience ? i said he was less experienced than Kagawa which is a fact :

Kagawa 49 international caps, 195 club games

Lamela 5 international caps, 102 club games

Its going to take time with Lamela, and he'll have to really bust out when he gets a chance if he expects to break into the starting eleven. To be fair Ups Lamela hasn't featured much with Argentina. He's been capped of course, but ordinarily comes on as a sub and I can't recall him having any significant minutes in a game that really meant much. Like with Spurs he's an odd man out, and given Argentina's attacking riches he gets only limited time on the pitch. He'd have to beat out Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, and possibly Lavezzi and Palacio. Ain't happening any time soon barring a slew of injuries.

Alfies point the other day about not buying Lamela had we the beauty of hindsight seeing the rapid rise of Townsend is a point well made. Even without him we have Chadli and Gylfi left, Townsend and Lennon right.

So why did Spurs buy Lamela?

For a lot of money.

And where was Willian going to fit?

Edited by SinglePot
  • Like 1

For a lot of money.

And where was Willian going to fit?

Well you have to presume that the powers that be without management and coaching didn't think his improvement would be so rapid.

Mindyou theres every chance of the media going totally overboard about him even though were only a few games into the new season. We must remember that they need to build him sky high first in order to crucify him later the moment his form drops

For a lot of money.

Fark me SP, what part of carms post didn't you understand facepalm.gifto be fair, Mystic carms answered your question before you even asked it biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Looks to me like Spurs went on a bit of a spending spree with the Bale money and there is a bit of confusion about how it's all going to work.

Well they certainly might have considered a left back before they loaned out Assou-Ekotto

Looks to me like Spurs went on a bit of a spending spree with the Bale money and there is a bit of confusion about how it's all going to work.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Quite ironic really, a chav talking about us going on a sprending spree and how's it all going to work, what about Willian ? what about Moses ? How much did you pay for Torres ? i could go on but i ain't got all night laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

And why did they let Caulker go?

All easy with hindsight maybe.... but there's a bit of a lack of joined up thinking creeping in?

Dunno.

Just saying.

The Caulker ones a strange decision and not really explain other than to say a good offer came in and they took it.

I'm not at all happy that a 21 year old home grown player was let go but apparently he made it clear he wanted regular first team football. Well, with Vertonghen as the other left sided center back that just wasn't going to happen so maybe theres your answer.

• Like 1

Well, Spurs got Paulinho for what ? $18mil ? He's probably worth $30, so that offsets Lamela's price tag to some degree. Not to say every buy Spurs made is going to come good, but way too early for the final judgement.

Same goes for Jovetic and Fernandinho at City.thumbsup.gif

All easy with hindsight maybe.... but there's a bit of a lack of joined up thinking creeping in?

Dunno.

Just saying.

They let him go because they didn't think he was good enough, determined by the mistakes he made last year, simple really !

Well, Spurs got Paulinho for what ? $18mil ? He's probably worth $30, so that offsets Lamela's price tag to some degree. Not to say every buy Spurs made is going to come good, but way too early for the final judgement.

Same goes for Jovetic and Fernandinho at City.thumbsup.gif

Easy to forget that Lamela hasn't played that bad for the brief appearances he's made. Just hasn't been able to get a look in. I'm sure he'll come good. The talents there. Someone gets injured, theres his chance.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Quite ironic really, a chav talking about us going on a sprending spree and how's it all going to work, what about Willian ? what about Moses ? How much did you pay for Torres ? i could go on but i ain't got all night laugh.png

Alfie. I hear you. Can you park your dislike for Chelsea for a moment so we can talk objectively please?

I have no gripe with Spurs. Just talking about football matters as best I can.

(Ancelotti bought Torres, not Mourhino. Mourhino is doing his best with the guy.)

Cheers.

• Like 1

Alfie. I hear you. Can you park your dislike for Chelsea for a moment so we can talk objectively please?

(Ancelotti bought Torres, not Mourhino. Mourhino is doing his best with the guy.)

Cheers.

If Torres scores more than 15 goals in the league I'll piss up a rope in Trafalgar Square.

Cheers.

I'm not even sure Ancelotti chose him, I think it was the Russian. Same crap with Shevchenko.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image  Quite ironic really, a chav talking about us going on a sprending spree and how's it all going to work, what about Willian ? what about Moses ? How much did you pay for Torres ? i could go on but i ain't got all night Posted Image  

Cheers.

It was your Russian mafia boss who liked his hairdo.

Ancelotti aint that stupid.

OK. So we have had insults thrown at Torres and Abramovich.

Currently, the criticism of Mourhino is implied rather than explicit although it is pretty obvious he is not at all well liked by opposition teams.

I wonder why.

Cheers.

I'm talking objectively, i wasn't talking about Mourinho buying Torres, i was talking about Chelsea as a club on a spending spree for the last 10 years, you come out with crap and when i reply it's because of my dislike for the chavs facepalm.gif

You seem to be having a dig about Spurs spending big on Lamela and when i mention Willian ( which is the same situation) there's no reply facepalm.gif

You talk about Caulker,

when you probaly havn't even see him play many games not to mention any mistakes he made, plus he's been replaced by Chiriches so how is that "lack of joined up creeping in " ?

Do carry on having a pop and i will carry on knocking your digs back biggrin.png

I like Lamela. I said it from day one.

Same with Paulinho.

Jogo fcking bonito.

Not easy on here is it? :D

Mary got incarcerated...or was it incinwrated?

Anyway our team is not playing great football but still in the running. I'm happy with that as the players understanding of each other can only improve.

There you are SP...I threw you a clue! :P

Currently, the criticism of Mourhino is implied rather than explicit although it is pretty obvious he is not at all well liked by opposition teams.

I wonder why.

Personally I hate Abrahamovich for working with Putin and stealing all that money from the Russian people - the fact that he's spent it on a toy football club and is desperate for a British passport puts him in the same boat as Al Fayed as far as I'm concerned.

And he's definitely been a big part of screwing up the market for players, let's face it. The only reason Liverpool bought that carthorse Carroll for 35m is that they were desperate for him and Newcastle knew they had the cash.

Torres isn't worth 50m in anyone's book, not for the number of goals he scores. But Abrahamovich doesn't care, it's not his money.

• Like 2

Just for the record, Alfie made no mention of Willian that I can see.

Alfie deleted my reference to Willian when he got the strop about Torres and spending sprees.

And in response to Smokie, I think it needs to be said, that whilst being a chav I have been a consistent supporter of the efforts being made at Spurs.

Ok point taken. Spurs is none of my business.

• Like 1

I wonder why.

Personally I hate Abrahamovich for working with Putin and stealing all that money from the Russian people - the fact that he's spent it on a toy football club and is desperate for a British passport puts him in the same boat as Al Fayed as far as I'm concerned.

And he's definitely been a big part of screwing up the market for players, let's face it. The only reason Liverpool bought that carthorse Carroll for 35m is that they were desperate for him and Newcastle knew they had the cash.

Torres isn't worth 50m in anyone's book, not for the number of goals he scores. But Abrahamovich doesn't care, it's not his money.

Mourhino cares. 'How am I going to get this boy playing or do I dump him?'

• Like 1

Alfie deleted my reference to Willian when he got the strop about Torres and spending sprees.

And in response to Smokie, I think it needs to be said, that whilst being a chav I have been a consistent supporter of the efforts being made at Spurs.

Caaaaaalm down mah son! :D

• Like 1

Thats strange, neither did you when i compared his position of playing very few games to that of Lamela facepalm.gif

I like Lamela. I said it from day one.

Same with Paulinho.

Jogo fcking bonito.

Not easy on here is it? biggrin.png

Mary got incarcerated...or was it incinwrated?

Anyway our team is not playing great football but still in the running. I'm happy with that as the players understanding of each other can only improve.

There you are SP...I threw you a clue! tongue.png

Still here .

Keep on spouting your bile little boy.

Thats strange, neither did you when i compared his position of playing very few games to that of Lamela facepalm.gif

Why are you so confrontational Alfie?