Tottenham Thread

chonabot

OK I'll wait until it's in The Guardian then it must be true.

I see Soldado has found his goal scoring touch.

Seems so. I always thought it was crucial that our midfield provided him with some service rather than taking thirty yard shots at goal

Aint that the truth....hopefully this is the start of his season!

Hopefully tongue.png

Was he a fox in the box? Were they all taps in from six yards?

biggrin.png

I didn't see it either although they were awarded yet another penalty,,,Anzi must of been <deleted> cos Holtby scored as well.

Looks like Soldudo has found his place .....in the second string and playing in the cups.

Seems so. I always thought it was crucial that our midfield provided him with some service rather than taking thirty yard shots at goal

NAH.............He's just 'doing a Defoe' and scoring in Europe against inferior oppositionwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwai2.gif

• Like 2

NAH.............He's just 'doing a Defoe' and scoring in Europe against inferior oppositionwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwai2.gif

Well if you look at the goals Soldado's scored the open play in the premier league he is isn't he and btw, Defoe hasn't scored a single goal.

Thanks for proving my point. I knew you'd get it in the end, but i'm rather confused as to why you seem to think you are so clever when you are simply agreeing with me?facepalm.gif

Now we have to hope that Soldado can step up because as you so rightly say, he's just doing a Defoe and scoring against lesser opposition, Anzi having sold all their best players and lying bottom of their league.

Still Mr Ed and Bob liked your post anywaybiggrin.png

Edited by carmine

Carmine, I was simlpy comparing their records in European games. This season Defoe has seven in five appearences. His hatrick means Soldado has scored five in three appearences which, l think you'll agree, is hardly a superior strike rate. I was merely suggesting that, like Defoe, Soldado can also score, at a similar rate, against inferior European opposition. If your hatred of Defoe means you can't see that then that's your problem, not ours.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Carmine, I was simlpy comparing their records in European games. This season Defoe has seven in five appearences. His hatrick means Soldado has scored five in three appearences which, l think you'll agree, is hardly a superior strike rate. I was merely suggesting that, like Defoe, Soldado can also score, at a similar rate, against inferior European opposition. If your hatred of Defoe means you can't see that then that's your problem, not ours.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"My hatred of Defoe?!!!!!!!" <deleted>! sorry mate, but that stuffs only worthy of a kids playground. lets just drop it shall we.

Edited by carmine

hopefully the hat trick scorer will get some confidence from that game, mind you the opposition wasnt much, after the city defeat, it is just good picking up some results.

carmine is correct about the striker recieving some real support from midfield, but i think in the next game we will see our striker far more isolated again, due to the importance of league points.

I'm really looking forward to the game on Sunday. I think our attack will be too much for your weakened defense, even at home. Out our midfield is weakened so I hope Henderson can put in a good shift. Ok so the way my predictions are going that's 10-0 to youfacepalm.gif I am praying I can stream this game as I think it'll be a cracker.

I'm really looking forward to the game on Sunday. I think our attack will be too much for your weakened defense, even at home. Out our midfield is weakened so I hope Henderson can put in a good shift. Ok so the way my predictions are going that's 10-0 to youfacepalm.gif I am praying I can stream this game as I think it'll be a cracker.

When you say your attack, don't you mean Suarez ?

Well anyway, you must be favourites, after all we've got a <deleted> manager, 7 new players who are all average, Suarez has as many goals as our entire team, your playing fantastic football at the moment, so a no brainer really sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

Well anyway, you must be favourites, after all we've got a <deleted> manager, 7 new players who are all average, Suarez has as many goals as our entire team, your playing fantastic football at the moment, so a no brainer really sad.png

You don't have to stop Suarez, you just need to cut off his supply line.

I mean Suarez + Coutinhio+ (hopefully) Sterling, and maybe Moses (on a good day). Obviously we will miss Sturridge, but I think even our weakened attack will be too much for your defense. I hope you man mark Suarez (and expect you to) and that is why I would play with other attacking players in the final third. By the way I count Coutinhio as an attacking player because that is what he does.

By the way your pitiful attempts at self denigrationbah.gif will not deflect from the fact that you have the basis of a good team...they just need timewink.png

And that is obviously because he cannot create anything himself blink.png

I mean Suarez + Coutinhio+ (hopefully) Sterling, and maybe Moses (on a good day). Obviously we will miss Sturridge, but I think even our weakened attack will be too much for your defense. I hope you man mark Suarez (and expect you to) and that is why I would play with other attacking players in the final third. By the way I count Coutinhio as an attacking player because that is what he does.

By the way your pitiful attempts at self denigrationbah.gif will not deflect from the fact that you have the basis of a good team...they just need timewink.png

I'm expecting a belter of a game.....I guess we all are....just hope we can edge it!

We'll look to starve him of any ball. Not sure what route AVB will take here, whether he goes with a box to box player, Paulinho,paired with Dembele, or pair the belgium with a defensive mid like Capoue/Sandro.

I expect the attacking three to be Lennon Holtby Townsend with the free scoring Soldado up top.

Thats my guess anyway. Its very difficult to predict these days what with the way AVB rotates!

Edited by carmine

We'll look to starve him of any ball. Not sure what route AVB will take here, whether he goes with a box to box player, Paulinho,paired with Dembele, or pair the belgium with a defensive mid like Capoue/Sandro.

I expect the attacking three to be Lennon Holtby Townsend with the free scoring Soldado up top.

Thats my guess anyway. Its very difficult to predict these days what with the way AVB rotates!

Hoping it is this : Hugo

Walker. Dawson Vlad. Rose

Sandro Dembele

Lennon. Paulinho. Townsend

Soldado

Looking forward to the game tonight. I think you will be us actually as although I think we will cause you problems defensively, I think away from home we are far to open in the midfield and I think will cost us. Although of course I hope not but thats my honest prediction.

Alfie, Carms, after the last prem game Carms said Defoe done enough to keep his place, but now you have both picked Soldado upfront. Yes he scored a hatrick in the Europa cup but roles reversed and Defoe scores in that comp he doesn't get picked by you lads? Just a question lads.

Good luck tonight, lets hope it a thriller with us coming out on top. wink.png

Looking forward to the game tonight. I think you will be us actually as although I think we will cause you problems defensively, I think away from home we are far to open in the midfield and I think will cost us. Although of course I hope not but thats my honest prediction.

Alfie, Carms, after the last prem game Carms said Defoe done enough to keep his place, but now you have both picked Soldado upfront. Yes he scored a hatrick in the Europa cup but roles reversed and Defoe scores in that comp he doesn't get picked by you lads? Just a question lads.

I'm not too sure that that is carms team ! he does actually say

I think that i have made it pretty obvious that i prefer Soldado over Defoe, regardless of goals scored in Europe rolleyes.gif

Well after scoring a hat-trick he has to play him....he has been obviously suffering from confidence and it might just be the kick start he needs.

At home big game up for it he will start and if he doesn't then AVB is a truly shocking manager.

Rotation is one thing but you don't drop a striker who is lacking confidence after scoring a midweek hat-trick albeit against euro trash.

Looking forward to this game also today.

I'm not too sure that that is carms team ! he does actually say

I think that i have made it pretty obvious that i prefer Soldado over Defoe, regardless of goals scored in Europe rolleyes.gif

My personal team selection is same as yours Alf, its just that Holtby looked very sharp midweek and AVB is rather unpredictable at the moment

Most crucial selection for me is AVB picking the Sandro/Dembele partnership.

And that is obviously because he cannot create anything himself blink.png

Not without the ball he can't, no.

Unless you know something I don't know, which from your comment seems somewhat unlikely.

whistling.gif