Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Lol I guess you are still smarting after our little excursion on New Years Day.... Now I get it!

I am not worried about Liverpool's goal difference ... Duhhhh as I said it is irrelevant to us, we need to be a point ahead of them ... End of.

I am not worried about Everton as I think they are already starting to fade.

We already beat You. That is as good as a six pointer for us. Not worried in the slightest about you guys, you couldn't contain Chelsea and once you come up against Liverpool, City, Arsenal in the coming weeks you will have nothing further to say. You got Mata because you are perceived as mid table finishers. But good luck to you.

Happy to have a discussion about United and our problems any time, but you were the one keen for us to stay on topic, and that topic was your belief that goal difference is an irrelevance, or at least it was for you when you played City, and that there was no shame in being thrashed.

All I can say is I wish you for the remainder of the season plenty more "no shame" thrashings and a lost place in the table thanks to goal difference.

"Would you Adam and Eve it, a bindipper comes on here having a pop about Holtby not moving all before the transfer window ends, have to learn wils B comes before M, engage brain before mouth, just a little tip for ya for the future cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif"

Oh dear Alfie, your selective memory strikes again sonclap2.gif. The point of my original post which you have omitted to quote (see #16392) was that passing Holtby to Shalke could assist your bigger North London brothers to strengthen their squad. A fact that Levy appears to have realised by knocking him out to Fulham instead. You really will have to try harder laddie.. Alfie Conn, the gift that just keeps on giving cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Indeed. If ever there was a glaring sign of United's decline it was the fact that Chelsea had no qualms whatsoever selling Mata to them because United are no longer perceived as a direct competitor.

Now Mourinho is the font of all wisdom. That's why he left Mata on the bench. All that wisdom.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Indeed. If ever there was a glaring sign of United's decline it was the fact that Chelsea had no qualms whatsoever selling Mata to them because United are no longer perceived as a direct competitor.

Now Mourinho is the font of all wisdom. That's why he left Mata on the bench. All that wisdom.

Nice of you to say so.

:-D

Well he's a lot of things but i'm not sure a font of all wisdom. One way or another he clearly couldn't work with Mata or preferred other options. He gets offered 37m for one of his bench players and it wasn't from City or Arsenal so he sold the player.

As you know i'm far from a fan of Mourinho's but i reckon that was damn good business

• Like 1

back to todays fixture. Possibly TS will play two strikers tonight? Huddlestone might be their key player but i'd have thought we should know enough about his game to keep him quiet. definitely going for another away win here

Have to stay optimistic and hope that one or two of our injured players return for todays match.

Hopefully Vertonghen and Paulinho will play, dropping Bentaleb and Chiriches.

I also feel that Eriksen will continue to play in the hole behind Adebayor, hence why TS didn't

feel it was necessary to bring in another striker in this window.

I think one of the reasons Hull may be tipped for a win is because they have signed two new

strikers in Shane Long and Jelavic who will probably start today.

Well he's a lot of things but i'm not sure a font of all wisdom. One way or another he clearly couldn't work with Mata or preferred other options. He gets offered 37m for one of his bench players and it wasn't from City or Arsenal so he sold the player.

As you know i'm far from a fan of Mourinho's but i reckon that was dam_n good business

The argument about Mourinho being happy to sell to us because he doesn't see us as competition, would make more sense to me were we talking about a loan deal for the remainder of the season. We aren't, and so unless we happen to sell him ourselves, Mata will be playing in our team for the considerable future. Does Mourinho seriously think that not only this season, but next season, the season after, and the season after that, that Chelsea will at no point be vying for position with United? If he does, good luck to him i guess, but seems a bit naive to me.

Could understand it more if the offer was way over market value. I don't think it was. They paid 23m for him a few years ago, he's proven himself in the premiership since then, and he is now 25 and in his prime years. 37m was a good price, but it wasn't as if they couldn't have got that sort of money from another club in Europe. Don't get me wrong, i'm very grateful they did sell to us, i just don't think that selling to rivals, whether they be direct rivals, or at this time, perceived not direct, makes much sense. Not unless you have to.... i don't think Chelsea did.

Lol I guess you are still smarting after our little excursion on New Years Day.... Now I get it!

And by the way, i'd actually completely forgotten about you beating us.

Been beaten so many times this season, and they only really ever stick in the memory if it's Liverpool or City. wink.png

• Like 1

And by the way, i'd actually completely forgotten about you beating us.

Been beaten so many times this season, and they only really ever stick in the memory if it's Liverpool or City. wink.png

Why not try this page Rixy.... I know a little quiet and quite deserted, but go on, give it a go for all our sakes. I promise to look in once in a while to see how you are getting on......

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/560391-manchester-united/page-574#entry7374710

Looks as if Paulinho and Jan are both available tonight. What's your starting 11.?

Lloris

Walker. Dawson. Vertonghen Rose

Lennon. Paulinho. Benteleb Ericksen

Soldado Adebayor.

Edited by iancnx

Perhaps i can cheer you up Ian by telling you that Mark Lawrenson on his BBC Predictions column has Hull down for a win today so you can sit back and relax as were obviously going to stuff them.biggrin.png

Don't let the Man Utd lot get you down. Sympathise if anything.......they are clearly finding life after RedNose a bitter pill and the Moyes style football is pretty dreadful too. Atleast a couple of them have remained on here to fight their corner as opposed to the rest that stopped posting as soon as they stopped winning wink.png

back to todays fixture. Possibly TS will play two strikers tonight? Huddlestone might be their key player but i'd have thought we should know enough about his game to keep him quiet. definitely going for another away win here

I didn't realise he was a Man U fan! Anyway I am happy to agree to disagree after his last post.... Bless.

I think 4-4-2 as well. I am hoping and praying that the couple of games rest for Soldado will pay dividends and he comes back guns blazing, teaming up with Adebayor. TS has not fully declared his thoughts on Harry Kane yet. It will be interesting to see if he is on the bench. Paulinho is reportedly back so that is a real boost with Dembele presumably out. As for the rest we can only guess. This has to be an away win if we are to stay ahead of Everton, and praying that Liverpool slip up; WBA played some nice football the other night!

Guns blazing? A slightly optimistic statement ian, when he hasn't even shown so much as a derringer so far.

Will we see Lamela the forgotten man of WHL this season, I understand that Sherwood said "He's still feeling fatigued in one of his thighs".......poor love.

Lamela's injured. You tend not to play players when they are injured. When he has recovered from his injury he will go back into full training and when he is match fit he will no doubt feature in a match.

If you believe that good players don't just become bad players then Ian has every right to be optimistic. Ian is probably also well aware that for a large portion of this season the service given to Soldado was something between dreadful to non existent.

God i'm bored with this. Will you please change the record. The criticism you level at these two Spurs players is sound more and more bizarre. It sounds almost personal!! Is there no other player at another club that you could turn your obsessive attention to?

Ian's already responded, but I guess not as the 'official spokesperson'. wai.gif

Especially for you Ups. I see LO have 12 points from 12. Can you make it 15 today? I shouldn't imagine Rotherham will be a pushover though?

Rotherham are creeping up and playing well, but we've got Shaquille if things get tough.wink.png

Edited by uptheos

Looks as if Paulinho and Jan are both available tonight. What's your starting 11.?

Lloris

Soldado Adebayor.

I still worry about our left side unbalancing things...and yes Rose will get forward but its our Achilles heel....especially with Dawson having to cover when Vertonghen gets forward.

Jangles my nerves that does.

Lloris

Soldado Adebayor.

I still worry about our left side unbalancing things...and yes Rose will get forward but its our Achilles heel....especially with Dawson having to cover when Vertonghen gets forward.

Jangles my nerves that does.

For me also a weakness is Lennon on his current form.... Seems to be missing a bit of his usual lively oomph of late.

Lloris

Soldado Adebayor.

Our line-up - Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose; Lennon, Bentaleb, Paulinho, Eriksen; Adebayor, Soldado. #COYS

That Sunderland win was good for Spurs and with Hull being a walk in the park, it will put them 9 points ahead of the Magpies and tie on points with Liverpool.

<deleted> do you mean by that?

Our focus is on beating Hull....with a nod towards the scousers and the side formerly known as Croydon Utd.

Barcodes might be a worry for the accused at the Theatre of Broken Dreams....

That Sunderland win was good for Spurs and with Hull being a walk in the park, it will put them 9 points ahead of the Magpies and tie on points with Liverpool.

<deleted> do you mean by that?

Our focus is on beating Hull....with a nod towards the scousers and the side formerly known as Croydon Utd.

Barcodes might be a worry for the accused at the Theatre of Broken Dreams....

Work it out smokes.

It's good to put a gap between those beneath you as well as chasing those above - if Newcastle had won they would just be three points behind, with a better GD (just) and on your tail. Now just go and beat Hull, which should be a breeze and you're 9 points clear of Newcastle and level on points with Liverpool.