Tottenham Thread

chonabot

A very dubious penalty in my view.

But Spurs were making mistakes all night long.

They looked pretty comfortable in the first half, the Oscar substitution changed the game

Well that was also the view of that bitter pillock Clive Allen, but in my view what changed the game was the slip by Vertonghen. However, the team selection by Sherwood was a joke and there was no way we were leaving with anything.

One thing is crystal clear. Sherwood needs to learn more at a slightly lower level with a club that has lower aspirations and he will not be Spurs manager next season.

On the basis that United are too delusional or stubborn to sack Moyes i'm extremely hopeful that we can get Louis Van Gaal.

Probably too expensive to buy-out, but I'd be going for Martinez. Even more likeable than Brendan and just as capable I reckon - when I use dto go watch Wigan you could almost hear his brain whirring from the stands. He just might bite with a bigger war chest to play with, but I suspect he'll hang around out of loyalty. Maybe a good replacement for Arsene in a few years time! Probably Real-bound ultimately.

Edited by SantiSuk

Probably too expensive to buy-out, but I'd be going for Martinez. Even more likeable than Brendan and just as capable I reckon - when I use dto go watch Wigan you could almost hear his brain whirring from the stands. He just might bite with a bigger war chest to play with, but I suspect he'll hang around out of loyalty. Maybe a good replacement for Arsene in a few years time! Probably Real-bound ultimately.

We don't have to buy out Van Gaal.. He's a free agent after the world cup.

I wouldn't be surprised if something is already in place.

A very dubious penalty in my view.

But Spurs were making mistakes all night long.

They looked pretty comfortable in the first half, the Oscar substitution changed the game

Well that was also the view of that bitter pillock Clive Allen, but in my view what changed the game was the slip by Vertonghen. However, the team selection by Sherwood was a joke and there was no way we were leaving with anything.

One thing is crystal clear. Sherwood needs to learn more at a slightly lower level with a club that has lower aspirations and he will not be Spurs manager next season.

On the basis that United are too delusional or stubborn to sack Moyes i'm extremely hopeful that we can get Louis Van Gaal.

Considering your history it is highly doubtful Sherwood will be manager next year. You might want to hope Moyes wins a few over the next 10 matches, that way Van Gaal doesn't have an option at United. Who would be your next realistic pick for manager?

Edited by BangrakBob

We don't have to buy out Van Gaal.. He's a free agent after the world cup.

I wouldn't be surprised if something is already in place.

Me neither. At Barcelona, the way they're going.

biggrin.png

What about the Soton manager? He's got a half decent side playing some very decent football.

Apparently Teddy Shirtlifter gave quite a scathing interview, but I can't find it yet.

Added: Actually I checked with the person that mentioned that and - somewhat surprisingly - he meant Sherwood! Oops, he's not going to endear himself.

It was the latter goals that truly riled Sherwood and in an interview with Sky Sports he bemoaned a "lack of characters" in his squad - a theme he picked up at the post-match press conference.

Asked for his thoughts on the frequency of such collapses, he said: "(It happens) too often, too often and again today against the big sides. It's disappointing to see.

"You're 2-0 down with 10 men at Chelsea, you're not going to win the game. But I expect to see a little more gut, a little bit more pride, a little bit more feather rustling.

"I don't want to be the only one who ever shouts at them. I think they need to dig each other out every now and again and get the best out of each other.

Jesus slagging off his own players, that's him done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CGygbrAHK4

Edited by Chicog

I don't think Martinez will leave a team he's been working very hard with and done well, for a team with players that even the manager says are lacking guts and has a GD of 0... 42 between them and Man City who have 3 games in hand? There's every chance Everton could overtake Spurs too.

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood accused his side of "lacking guts and character" in their 4-0 thrashing at Chelsea.

"It hurts me and I won't forget about this when we hit the motorway, but some might," said 45-year-old Sherwood.

"There's a lack of character, too, many of them are too nice to each other and you need to show a bit more guts."

Carmine speaks with straight tongue I think.

Why is there always so much drama at Spurs?

facepalm.gif

Sherwood speaks with a straight tongue. When your manager says that you are <deleted>, you know you have a problem.

As for drama; They need something to keep interest. No drama; Who TF are the tots?

I don't think Martinez will leave a team he's been working very hard with and done well, for a team with players that even the manager says are lacking guts and has a GD of 0... 42 between them and Man City who have 3 games in hand? There's every chance Everton could overtake Spurs too.

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood accused his side of "lacking guts and character" in their 4-0 thrashing at Chelsea.

"It hurts me and I won't forget about this when we hit the motorway, but some might," said 45-year-old Sherwood.

"There's a lack of character, too, many of them are too nice to each other and you need to show a bit more guts."

Yes its all very concerning but surely, nothing like as concerning as forking out 42m for a show pony thats been more or less anonymous in the games where he's needed and is being bollocked on the pitch by his own players!!? He must be right up there as the biggest flop of the season don't you think, considering he cost 29m more than Soldado.

Impossible to judge Lamela of course because he's been injured most of the season but what a terrible dilemma to have having paid 42m for a player who has to be dropped?

Any comments on Mesut Ozil Ups?

Carmine speaks with straight tongue I think.

Why is there always so much drama at Spurs?

facepalm.gif

Well a lot of it is media led i think. They rounded on AVB from the start and never let go. Sherwoods been very stupid knocking his players in public which you never do. That talk stays in the dressing room and all he's done is fed the media. He'll be gone in the summer but his inexperience is now showing as we start the crucial make or break.

Levy doesn't help matters either being a trigger happy chairman. I look back at some of the managerial appointments he's made over the years and the media finger should be pointing at him as he's responsible for some of the worst decisions.

• Like 1

Yes its all very concerning but surely, nothing like as concerning as forking out 42m for a show pony thats been more or less anonymous in the games where he's needed and is being bollocked on the pitch by his own players!!? He must be right up there as the biggest flop of the season don't you think, considering he cost 29m more than Soldado.

Impossible to judge Lamela of course because he's been injured most of the season but what a terrible dilemma to have having paid 42m for a player who has to be dropped?

Another classic Spuds deflection therapy posting Carmslaugh.png .

Ozil is sheer class - he'll be back (actually he was back on Saturday). Without him our season would have been as f***ed as a ceratin other North London club's seasonthumbsup.gif

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

Another classic Spuds deflection therapy posting Carmslaugh.png .

Ozil is sheer class - he'll be back (actually he was back on Saturday). Without him our season would have been as f***ed as a ceratin other North London club's seasonthumbsup.gif

who's class? mesut Ozil, the Scarlet Pimpernel of the premier league!

No deflections Santi, believe me Ups knows exactly what i'm on about...

I'm testing his "Spurs transfer market obsession" Seems he only has interest and opinions on our players. Seriously though Santi, you must be very concerned at his generally dismal showing or no showing this season?

Not much point in being a class player if no one knows you are on the pitch. smile.png

Ozil is class carmine. He produced magic from day 1 in the EPL.

Spurs are a bit like a dysfunctional family on a council estate.

Winning the lottery with the Bale sale seems to have caused more grief than joy.

Wenger will get the best out of Ozil I am sure.

Spurs?

I don't know.

• Like 1

I'm sure this will brighten up Carms and smokes day sad.png

Gullit then said his next piece of advice to Harry and Jamie was to “get Suarez”, and he met with Sherwood and Ferdinand, Redknapp’s assistants at the time, who quizzed him about Ajax’s Uruguayan.

Gullit said that he had told the pair straight up – “You have to snap him up, without any hesitation, in a heartbeat.” to which Les and Tim replied, whilst watching him, “well, we’re not entirely sure”.

After Suarez had signed for Liverpool, Gullit admitted that Sherwood and Ferdinand had saw their mistake, telling the former Chelsea and Newcastle boss – “well, we may have got that one wrong!”

I'm sure this will brighten up Carms and smokes day sad.png

Gullit then said his next piece of advice to Harry and Jamie was to “get Suarez”, and he met with Sherwood and Ferdinand, Redknapp’s assistants at the time, who quizzed him about Ajax’s Uruguayan.

Gullit said that he had told the pair straight up – “You have to snap him up, without any hesitation, in a heartbeat.” to which Les and Tim replied, whilst watching him, “well, we’re not entirely sure”.

After Suarez had signed for Liverpool, Gullit admitted that Sherwood and Ferdinand had saw their mistake, telling the former Chelsea and Newcastle boss – “well, we may have got that one wrong!”

Van Gaal in...those two out please in the summer.

Especially Ferdinand who seems to be utterly useless.

where's that from alfie?

From a Tottenham website that picked it up from this conversation on Dutch football talkshow Studio Voetbal,

Gullit: Well, can I tell you a story?

Mulder: Of course, tell me Ruud!

Gullit: I want to say something about him actually.

When Redknapp was still manager at Tottenham… Jamie Redknapp is a good friend of mine. So they asked me: How about Van der Vaart? I said: Amazing player, you should definitely take him. It was just before the transfer deadline. They rang me up at half past 11. So eventually they signed him.

Then I also told them: Get Suarez. They came to watch him. I met Sheringham [he means Sherwood] as well then, together with Ferdinand. They asked me all kinds of questions about Suarez. So I just point blank said: You have to snap him up, without any hesitation, in a heartbeat.

“Well, we’re not entirely sure,” they said. Whilst they actually watched him! That’s a huge mistake if you ask me.

Here's the full extracts for Spurs fans : http://www.totaltottenham.com/news/club-news/advocaat-gullit-respond-to-van-gaal-to-tottenham-rumours/

Good job we bought Willian then, otherwise he may not have got a game.

thumbsup.gif

Good reply!

Good Luck You Spurs.

Can't be having too much Merseyside-Manchester representation at the top of the EPL can we.

smile.png

Mr Levy could do worse than appointing carmine I reckon.

Regards

P45.

Just read that none of the £110m "alleged" Bale "replacements" started against Chelski! That is f*c*in shocking. Somebody wants shooting at WHL!

You can't replace a golden egg with a goose (geese) wink.png

A couple of real quality signings would have been enough, they weren't exactly bad last season, though Bale did rescue them quite a few times.

If it's only Europa again next year, who can they possibly tempt and also how much can they recoup from sales in order to pay for them?

There's talk of van Gaal as manager, but I bet he'd want changes, lots of them.

I still think Laudrup will be in the running..........but of course Arry Boy is still loved by many. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

Putting aside footy thread BS a minute, we Gunners can never feel too comfortable with a 7 point gap (effectively) and a game at WHL ahead! One of these years our late edging-out trick won't come off! You have to win on Sunday of course.

Anyone know the price on Spurs to get 4th? Not that I would ever gamble as it's illegal (along with a whole host of other things I never dotongue.png)

Just read that none of the £110m "alleged" Bale "replacements" started against Chelski! That is f*c*in shocking. Somebody wants shooting at WHL!

So does someone want shooting at Anfield as well then as of your 7 new signings and 2 loan signings only one started against Soton, oh sorry I forgot Liverpool are different to everyone else biggrin.png, you imagine if you'd had signed a couple of top quality players instead of who you signed you might have had a chance for the title !

Still giving eh Alfie?clap2.gif Toure, Moses, Cissokho and Aspas were all brought in as squad cover for the 1st XI. Alberto and Ilori for the future. That leaves Mignolet and Sakho who were marked for the 1st team. Unfortunately, Sakho was injured (but he should be fit to beast your shower).

I am well happy with both results and performances this season. How about youbiggrin.png

ps....Who is our mystery 7th signing and how much was he?

• Like 1

Capoue, Chiriches, Eriksen and Lamela all injured. Nothing can be done about that.

Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado on the bench. Probably should have started with Paulinho alongside Sandro but it appears that Bentalebs name is the first name on the team sheet for some reason that only Sherwood can answer.

You can't replace a golden egg with a goose (geese) wink.png

A couple of real quality signings would have been enough, they weren't exactly bad last season, though Bale did rescue them quite a few times.

If it's only Europa again next year, who can they possibly tempt and also how much can they recoup from sales in order to pay for them?

There's talk of van Gaal as manager, but I bet he'd want changes, lots of them.

I still think Laudrup will be in the running..........but of course Arry Boy is still loved by many. biggrin.png

I tend to agree with you about a couple of quality signings being enough but theres only a certain level of quality you can convince to join when you are without CL football.

If we are to have a chance of attracting top quality with CL football then the only way is through a manager of Van Gaal's stature.

Mindyou, i'm not wholly disappointed with the quality of the players we bought. Injuries have played a major part although i think we can all agree that Soldado's had a very poor first season. Lamela, Capoue, Eriksen and Chadli have suffered from injuries as has Chiriches and Paulinho's still getting to grips with the very diffent style of play from the Brazillian league. regardless, history says its not particularly sensible to judge a player in his first season.

Redknapp back as manager is a non starter. He sh1t on the club from a great height when the England managers position became available. He has the loyalty of an alley cat and the face of a scrotum and thats not want i want to look at at every game.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2