Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Ok sorry for being unclear....NO BIG CLUBS..made any offers(enquiries is different :D ) for him,that is why he snatched your hand off and took the 6 year contract because he understood that no BIG CLUBS wanted him...He thinks like the spurs supporters he is already at a big club. :D

Do you know this for a fact or just guessing :) .

Yes fact,remember you are a selling club :D if we for instance put in a firm bid,he would have walked to Manchester :D

Ok sorry for being unclear....NO BIG CLUBS..made any offers(enquiries is different :D ) for him,that is why he snatched your hand off and took the 6 year contract because he understood that no BIG CLUBS wanted him...He thinks like the spurs supporters he is already at a big club. :D

Yes fact,remember you are a selling club :D if we for instance put in a firm bid,he would have walked to Manchester :D

Nad, Sir Fergie has been tapping him up for months. You know, the way he does whenever he 's looking at buying a player. But why would he necessarily want to join Man Utd?

We are a selling club when you offer us silly money like 50m for Carrick/Berbatov and who would'nt be. Your club has long since drifted away from bringing home grown talent threw the ranks and you the reputation of your manager, spending money you don't have to tap up and buy players.

Fact is, Modric likes the Tottenham set up, likes London and Manchester is a dump where it always rains :D

Do you know this for a fact or just guessing :D .

Nad, Sir Fergie has been tapping him up for months. You know, the way he does whenever he 's looking at buying a player. But why would he necessarily want to join Man Utd?

We are a selling club when you offer us silly money like 50m for Carrick/Berbatov and who would'nt be. Your club has long since drifted away from bringing home grown talent threw the ranks and you the reputation of your manager, spending money you don't have to tap up and buy players.

Fact is, Modric likes the Tottenham set up, likes London and Manchester is a dump where it always rains :D

Are you talking about Arry? :)

Yes i agree with your last few words :D

• 2 weeks later...

No new faces appearing yet......Harry must be waiting to cherry pick the best of the World Cup talent.....:unsure:

Erm??......So which striker are we buying carmine?

Out of choice i'd like the Porto striker Falcao.

I will not accept the rumours that persist that rednapp wants the 31 year old premier Forlan and will pay 21m. As they say, rumours are just rumours, but that one is divisive and scary!!

I think the quality of player brought in will offer a glimse as to the level of Levy's ambitions for the club.

I love the idea of a swap dea with Villa involving Aagbongal...whats his name and the midfield talisman Jenas! It sounds that good it can't be true!

Redknapp fears Cole deal done

Spurs boss thinks midfielder may go to Old Trafford

Joe-Cole-England2_2459340.jpg Cole: Could move to United

// A bit of a hack but it works // The article snippet is wrapped onto a second line, even when #article-sub is empty if( $("div#article-sub").children().length == 0 ) { $("div#article-sub").remove(); }Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp believes Manchester United may have already struck a deal for Joe Cole.

The 28-year-old will not have his Chelsea contract renewed this summer and a number of clubs have been chasing his signature.

Redknapp has confirmed that he would love to see the midfielder move to Spurs, while Arsenal and United are also thought to be trailing the England international.

But while Redknapp wants Cole at White Hart Lane, he thinks the Red Devils may have already won the race to sign him.

"I've got a feeling that it might have been done (for Cole to join United)," he said.

"It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Joe's not wanted to speak to anybody and his people have been saying 'let's get the World Cup out of the way first'.

"But we'd be interested for sure. I like Joe."

Cole has been the subject of much debate in recent days as he has yet to make an appearance for England in this summer's World Cup.

Former Three Lions captain John Terry questioned why Cole was not in the team in a press conference at the weekend, and has since apologised to manager Fabio Capello. :whistling:

Underworld arry should keep quiet about this....he is going to the Arse all the Thai visa possy say!!! ;)

Redknapp fears Cole deal done

Spurs boss thinks midfielder may go to Old Trafford

Joe-Cole-England2_2459340.jpg Cole: Could move to United

// A bit of a hack but it works // The article snippet is wrapped onto a second line, even when #article-sub is empty if( $("div#article-sub").children().length == 0 ) { $("div#article-sub").remove(); }Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp believes Manchester United may have already struck a deal for Joe Cole.

The 28-year-old will not have his Chelsea contract renewed this summer and a number of clubs have been chasing his signature.

Redknapp has confirmed that he would love to see the midfielder move to Spurs, while Arsenal and United are also thought to be trailing the England international.

But while Redknapp wants Cole at White Hart Lane, he thinks the Red Devils may have already won the race to sign him.

"I've got a feeling that it might have been done (for Cole to join United)," he said.

"It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Joe's not wanted to speak to anybody and his people have been saying 'let's get the World Cup out of the way first'.

"But we'd be interested for sure. I like Joe."

Cole has been the subject of much debate in recent days as he has yet to make an appearance for England in this summer's World Cup.

Former Three Lions captain John Terry questioned why Cole was not in the team in a press conference at the weekend, and has since apologised to manager Fabio Capello. :whistling:

Underworld arry should keep quiet about this....he is going to the Arse all the Thai visa possy say!!! ;)

I don't know what Rednapp is up to here. He's had more to say about Joe Cole's future destination than the players agent has. Personally i don't understand why he's even passing comment If Cole does'nt want to join us, that's it

How can that old crook Ari be touted for the England job, with that sort of clout there's no saying what sort of fiddles he will get up too plus theres his past to take into consideration ;) .

Best to leave him where he is i think :D.

How can that old crook Ari be touted for the England job, with that sort of clout there's no saying what sort of fiddles he will get up too plus theres his past to take into consideration ;) .

Here's an interesting thought.

If 'Arry did get the nod for the England job, theres a manager with a great pedegree who might be looking to go back to club football with a "big" club. :D

On a slightly more serious note, i really like what i'm hearing about the Kjaer/Cavani swoop at Palermo. With Sandro already onboard these would represent sensible quality signings.

If 'Arry did get the nod for the England job, theres a manager with a great pedegree who might be looking to go back to club football with a "big" club.  :D

On a slightly more serious note, i really like what i'm hearing about the Kjaer/Cavani swoop at Palermo.  With Sandro already onboard these would represent sensible quality signings.

Manager with a pedigree - you mean Ramos?  :lol:

If you do sign those two and cole, when will you hold the fire sale. We are looking for bargains at the moment. 

If 'Arry did get the nod for the England job, theres a manager with a great pedegree who might be looking to go back to club football with a "big" club. :D

On a slightly more serious note, i really like what i'm hearing about the Kjaer/Cavani swoop at Palermo. With Sandro already onboard these would represent sensible quality signings.

Manager with a pedigree - you mean Ramos? :lol:

If you do sign those two and cole, when will you hold the fire sale. We are looking for bargains at the moment.

I think you will get Cole which would be great for Utd. He would fit in very well.

Actually, i'm looking forward to seeing Hargreaves back. England desperately missed him and i hope he recovers the form of two years ago.

But listen James, as i've said before, you can have Modric for 30m "quid" but has to be cash up front and don't give the envelope to 'Arry. ;)

If 'Arry did get the nod for the England job, theres a manager with a great pedegree who might be looking to go back to club football with a "big" club.  :D

On a slightly more serious note, i really like what i'm hearing about the Kjaer/Cavani swoop at Palermo.  With Sandro already onboard these would represent sensible quality signings.

Manager with a pedigree - you mean Ramos?   :lol:

I think you will get Cole which would be great for Utd.  He would fit in very well.  

Actually, i'm looking forward to seeing Hargreaves back.  England desperately missed him and i hope he recovers the form of two years ago.

But listen James, as i've said before, you can have Modric for 30m "quid" but has to be cash up front and don't give the envelope to 'Arry.  ;)

As we are skint, we will give you Carrick, Berbatov and Gibson for Modric but hurry, teams are lining up with similar offers for these 3 world beaters. 

On current form James you might as well throw in Rooney.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

On that basis, Crouch plus 3m.

Always like this time of year - the world beating spuds come out of the woodwork and proclaim Champions for Sure, this year.

Then when the end of September rolls around reality kicks in. :whistling:

Edited by bkkjames

Always like this time of year - the world beating spuds come out of the woodwork and proclaim Champions for Sure, this year.

No one has proclaimed anything have they, so let's put an end to that line of attack right now shall we? Heavens sake, we could be about to lose our manager, loyal 'Arry, before the seasons even started!

One thing i will say is that our squad is very strong and IF we make these two signings we have for once a very strong, balanced squad. I'm on record as saying that 'Arry has taken us as far as he can and i stand by that. I don't care if he goes, but i do worry about Levy fcuken up the appointment of a replacement.

You can have Crouch, Keane, Jenas, Hutton and even Pav?Modric for the right price. None or your players thanks, just cash. :lol:

:lol:

Nerves a tad raw James?

£90m in the bank mate.....dream on you suckers.....bankruptcy approaching and a geriatric midfield......Rooney well out of sorts......bring it on..... :fight:!

Never thought I would say this out loud, but I miss the West Ham supporters on TV . Where has Singer gone? :lol:

Chomping at the bit to get on the Tottenham thread i have no doubt. :D

But you see, you must'nt confuse our "looking forward" to another premier season with false optimism. Right now, i'm most concerned with who who we draw in the CL qualifiers.

I know Utd fans think they have a divine right to atleast reach the CL semis but i realistically feel CL qualification for the season after next should be the priority first.

Off to do some shopping....let the flames begin. :D

Never thought I would say this out loud, but I miss the West Ham supporters on TV . Where has Singer gone? :lol:

Yeah singhy don't forget your 1k Baht......and imola lying low as well......

Piss up gents? B) .........'all day long'.........well??? :ermm::lol:

Never thought I would say this out loud, but I miss the West Ham supporters on TV . Where has Singer gone?   :lol:

Chomping at the bit to get on the Tottenham thread i have no doubt.  :D

But you see, you must'nt confuse our "looking forward" to another premier season with false optimism.  Right now, i'm most concerned with who who we draw in the CL qualifiers.

I know Utd fans think they have a divine right to atleast reach the CL semis but i realistically feel CL qualification for the season after next should be the priority first.

Off to do some shopping....let the flames begin.  :D

Just put a footnote to revisit this thread in 8 -10 months time. 

The 6th of August is your date mate

Champions League 2010-2011 Schedule and Fixtures Guide

TN171515_uefa.png A guide detailing all the important dates for next season's Champions League competition

With the sides that will be competing in the 2010-2011 Champions League having been decided at the weekend, there are many fans who will now be looking forward to next season's competition, and for those involved in qualifying matches in particular, planning their holidays around their teams' matches.

The draw for the first and second qualifying round takes place on June 21st 2010, with the first round first-leg matches being played a week later on the 29th and 30th June 2010.

The draw for the third qualifying round, which will feature Celtic, Ajax, Dynamo Kiev and Zenit St Petersburg, amongst others, takes place on July 16th, with the matches being played on the 27th and 28th July and the 3rd and 4th August.

The final qualifying round, which will see the introduction of Tottenham Hotspur, Werder Bremen, Auxerre, Sampdoria and Sevilla, will be played at the end of August (first-leg 17th and 18th, second-leg 24th and 25th).

The eight Champions League groups are drawn on the 26th August, with the first match of the tournament proper being played on the 14th September 2010.

Champions League 2010-2011 Schedule

Qualifying Round Draw - 21 June 2010

First qualifying round

2930 June 2010 67 July 2010

Second qualifying round

1314 July 2010 2021 July 2010

Third Qualifying Round Draw 16 July 2010

Matches

2728 July 2010 34 August 2010

Play-off Round Draw - 6 August 2010

Matches

1718 August 2010 2425 August 2010

Group Stage Draw - 26 August 2010(Monaco)

Matchday 1 1415 September 2010

Matchday 2 2829 September 2010

Matchday 3 1920 October 2010

Matchday 4 23 November 2010

Matchday 5 2324 November 2010

Matchday 6 78 December 2010

Knockout phase Round of 16 Draw - 17 December 2010

Round of 16 Matches

1516 & 2223 February 2011 89 & 1516 March 2011

Quarter-finals & Semi-finals Draw - 18 March 2011

Quarter-finals

56 April 2011