Tottenham Thread

chonabot

P45....."Funny how many of the top managers were defenders or midfielders when they were players. Very few ex strikers."

Stupid generalisationbah.gif

Off the top of my head....... SAF, Cloughie, Heynkes, Hitzfeld and Cruyff might have something to say about that (not to mention King Kenny). Doubt many defenders or midfielders won more than those guys.

Mind you, I saw a bloke in Bangkok last week with a T-shirt that said.

" We are Premier League".

Must have been a Redknapp fan.

( Tony Fernandes is no fool. QPR AirAsia shirts all over SE Asia. thumbsup.gif )

Haven't seen a Spurs shirt in Asia in the last 6 years. Levy must be concentrating on the US.

smile.png

I don't see many football shirts being worn in Bangkok.

In Patts, apart from the usual suspects - L, FCB, MU, C, RM, BM, A (roughly in that order), the surprise outsider is the barcodes.

I'm sure I have seen the odd potato skin in Patts though!

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Forgot - Man C. Probably at the Spurs level, but improving.

We need a survey. I've got a Stats A level - anyone prepared to fund me? 5,000 baht a night plus travel (1,500 for accommodation/food and 1,000 for beers) - oh and an official looking excuse letter to show my wife - should do itbiggrin.png

• Like 1

I don't see many football shirts being worn in Bangkok.

In Patts, apart from the usual suspects - L, FCB, MU, C, RM, BM, A (roughly in that order), the surprise outsider is the barcodes.

I'm sure I have seen the odd potato skin in Patts though!

Plenty of football shirts here Santi, but you ain't gonna see 'em if you're sniffing poontang at Nana Plaza 24/7.thumbsup.giftongue.png

Forgot - Man C. Probably at the Spurs level, but improving.

We need a survey. I've got a Stats A level - anyone prepared to fund me? 5,000 baht a night plus travel (1,500 for accommodation/food and 1,000 for beers) - oh and an official looking excuse letter to show my wife - should do itbiggrin.png

thumbsup.gif

Already in hand I think SS.

Tony Fernandes has probably appointed a market research agency throughout Asia.

When me and smokes where in Witherspoons there where plenty of City fans. BTW, funnily enough that was the game when we beat Arsenal tongue.png

When me and smokes where in Witherspoons there where plenty of City fans. BTW, funnily enough that was the game when we beat Arsenal tongue.png

Yes it was a good evening all round. biggrin.png

After his poor second half of the season, could see this happening, but not at 7-5 mil, dream on

Napoli have made a £7.5m offer for Sandro, 25, after a representative in Brazil said that the Tottenham midfielder would be keen to move to Italy. Times (subscription needed

To be fair it wasn't so much him having a poor second half but more a case of Sherwood not playing. TS didn't seem to like defensive mids and selected Bentaleb who is a central midfielder. Sandro was also in the anti Sherwood camp that seemed to represent half the first team.

Either way, don't want to see him go.

After his poor second half of the season, could see this happening, but not at 7-5 mil, dream on

Napoli have made a £7.5m offer for Sandro, 25, after a representative in Brazil said that the Tottenham midfielder would be keen to move to Italy. Times (subscription needed

To be fair it wasn't so much him having a poor second half but more a case of Sherwood not playing. TS didn't seem to like defensive mids and selected Bentaleb who is a central midfielder. Sandro was also in the anti Sherwood camp that seemed to represent half the first team.

So if we have Sandro, Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele,, Bentalebe, Livermore and even Veljkovic and Holtby who are we going to lose out of that lot ? Holtby can also play further forward so take him out of the equation, Livermore will probably go, not going to get much for the youngsters so that means one of the big 4 has to go !

Every pro 'hates' a manager if he doesnt pic him and visa a versa, specially pre world cup. But Tbh dont see him as pochy's sort of player, awesome he maybe in the tackle, and first touch has improved, it still aint the best, and can u see him as a man maker\tracker ? as afie says it looks like one of the big four will probably go, but cant c levy taking a loss on sandro specially pre world cup, where unless he has a complete mare, which somehow I doubt his stock will probably rise.

Chelsea prepare transfer offer for Tottenham midfielder Sandro .

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/04/chelsea-prepare-transfer-offer-for-tottenham-midfielder-sandro-raniere-4750138/

For gawds sake!!!!

facepalm.gif

Maybe carmine is right. Who is Chelsea NOT going to buy?

Ridiculous imho.

Theres nothing ridiculous about wanting to replace the incredibly average John Obi Mikel is there!! You midfield is packed with ball playing talent but does lack some bite at times.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/04/chelsea-prepare-transfer-offer-for-tottenham-midfielder-sandro-raniere-4750138/

For gawds sake!!!!

facepalm.gif

Ridiculous imho.

Theres nothing ridiculous about wanting to replace the incredibly average John Obi Mikel is there!! You midfield is packed with ball playing talent but does lack some bite at times.

True. JOM gone to Inter I think?

Looking for a beast of a season from Matic tbh.

I like the look of the Kalas boy too for a bit of bite against the supreme and savage Suarez, and the lions Sturridge and Sterling.

thumbsup.gif

For gawds sake!!!!

facepalm.gif

Ridiculous imho.

Meanwhile, at a secret location somewhere, carmine is jumping up and down with glee.

biggrin.png

Is this a good omen?

Tottenham sporting director Franco Baldini will be in position at the World Cup to ensure the club are in prime position to strike in the transfer market.

The well-connected Italian will be in Brazil to ensure he can lead Spurs' attempts to land their World Cup targets during the tournament.

DM

Is this a good omen?

Tottenham sporting director Franco Baldini will be in position at the World Cup to ensure the club are in prime position to strike in the transfer market.

The well-connected Italian will be in Brazil to ensure he can lead Spurs' attempts to land their World Cup targets during the tournament.

DM

cheesy.gif

Only if Baldin's position is right behind a concrete pillar so he can't see what's happening on the pitch.

smile.png

I know a nice bar in copacabana he might enjoy though.