Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 in and one out, wonder what the deal was, Knowing levy I reckon a straight swap ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28413195

very nice piece of business. Davies is a quality player.

My little theory is Vorm into replace Lloris after next season. Just signed Hugo on a new five year so PSG or whoever will have to pay top dollar.

Still need a replacement for Dawson. He has no hope of playing in a Pochettino high line

In agreement on both points. Sorry to say Daws has probably seen his last start, but must be said he has been a stalwart team player and held it all together as captain as best he could under very difficult (managerial) circumstances. Hats off to him!

• Like 1

No talk about Lamela's goal ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DzVhK7_eVPY

And that wasn't the only one.

We're not ones to get easily excited jd, unlike some of the other threads whistling.gif

Geez Alfie, I'd think Lamela doing what he's supposed to be doing (even against a ghost defense) might put some lead in your pencil.tongue.png

I think Lamela is going to be one of the stars of next season. Pin it chaps.

Pretty early in the day to be that far out on a limb !biggrin.png I'd like to see Lamela have a decent season though.

Not at all. the lad was never without injury last season. I also think our new manager will be a great boost for him. All Sherwood did was piss off most of our players and supposedly they've all really taken to Pochettino and his training methods.

Pretty early in the day to be that far out on a limb !biggrin.png I'd like to see Lamela have a decent season though.

Not at all. the lad was never without injury last season. I also think our new manager will be a great boost for him. All Sherwood did was piss off most of our players and supposedly they've all really taken to Pochettino and his training methods.

I sincerely hope you are right Carmine. If Lamela toughens up and doesn't get run off the ball so easily he could come good. Still a big if in my book though. Pochettino will definitely help I would think.

Has Dim got a job yet ?

I sincerely hope you are right Carmine. If Lamela toughens up and doesn't get run off the ball so easily he could come good. Still a big if in my book though. Pochettino will definitely help I would think.

Has Dim got a job yet ?

The premier league takes time to adjust to. The pace, the physicality. Mesut Ozil is a prime example. What would greatly help if he was atlas played in his chosen position on the right wing.

Must admit i haven't taken too much notice what Agent Sherwood has been up to.

No talk about Lamela's goal ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DzVhK7_eVPY

And that wasn't the only one.

We're not ones to get easily excited jd, unlike some of the other threads whistling.gif

Geez Alfie, I'd think Lamela doing what he's supposed to be doing (even against a ghost defense) might put some lead in your pencil.tongue.png

It takes more than Lamela doing what he is suppose to do to put lead in my pencil jd biggrin.png

• Like 1

our bac four woeful!!! thats a shocker. lets hope lamella doesnt do a 'bent' on us stunning pre but shocking opening to the season . Though i'm with carms on this one fellow countrymen fresh start less preasure ect ect potts and our man the lam r gonna be good 2 gether .

• Like 1

Well we havn't had anywhere near our strongest defenders out, plus everyone knows that we are in the market for a center half.

Caulker ! they are having a laugh, if he was any good a club in the top half of the league would have come in for him by now.

Well we havn't had anywhere near our strongest defenders out, plus everyone knows that we are in the market for a center half.

Caulker ! they are having a laugh, if he was any good a club in the top half of the league would have come in for him by now.

Well your boy Townsend says Ferdinand + Caulker = Quality.

Rio's happy too.

smile.png

Well your boy Townsend says Ferdinand + Caulker = Quality.

Rio's happy too.

smile.png

Really ! he must be great then cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Worried about the imbalance in our squad :

Center backs / Kaboul, Vertonghen, Dawson, Chiriches, Young un's / Veljkovic, Fryers

Numbers wise, need one more in, ideally get rid of Dawson and get two in.

Def mids / Dembele, Paulinho, Capoue, Sandro, Bentaleb, Holtby, Young un's / Carroll, Mason, Veljkovic,

Numbers wise, need to get rid of one of the seniors, if anyone comes in then we need to rid of two.

Att mids / Lamala, Townsend, Chadli, Lennon, Eriksen, Young un's / Falque, Ceballos

Numbers wise, need two more in, ideally get rid of Lennon ( not suited to 3 attacking mids) and get three in.

Comments and thoughts guy's.

Edited by alfieconn

Center backs / Kaboul, Vertonghen, Dawson, Chiriches, Young un's / Veljkovic, Fryers

Def mids / Dembele, Paulinho, Capoue, Sandro, Bentaleb, Holtby, Young un's / Carroll, Mason, Veljkovic,

Numbers wise, need to get rid of one of the seniors, if anyone comes in then we need to rid of two.

Att mids / Lamala, Townsend, Chadli, Lennon, Eriksen, Young un's / Falque, Ceballos

Numbers wise, need two more in, ideally get rid of Lennon ( not suited to 3 attacking mids) and get three in.

Well tbh, I'm not a great expert on this football thing as you know. smile.png

But it looks like a fkcing Baldini Dog's Breakfast to me.

Only thing I will say with certainty is we need a quality central defender.

Regards the midfield I look at most of them and know they can put in a good shift.....if I was to pick two to get rid of it would be Lennon and Holtby who I don't believe is good enough for us.

Looking at the lad from Southampton it seems the are going to hike his price up....so we shall see just how much faith Levy has in the new manager.....

Regards the midfield I look at most of them and know they can put in a good shift.....if I was to pick two to get rid of it would be Lennon and Holtby who I don't believe is good enough for us.

Looking at the lad from Southampton it seems the are going to hike his price up....so we shall see just how much faith Levy has in the new manager.....

Only thing I will say with certainty is you need a chef who can turn a dog's breakfast into a team that can beat QPR.

biggrin.png

Only thing I will say with certainty is you need a chef who can turn a dog's breakfast into a team that can beat QPR.

biggrin.png

Well we have a new manager so who can say?

One thing is for sure....we are not expecting miracles from him in n his first season....an improvement certainly on last season and I think the two signings we have made so far are solid ones.

Lamela back and fully fit at the start of the season is like an extra player as well in the attack so we'll see....no doubt we will be looking at one or two more changes before the end of the window.

Edited by smokie36

biggrin.png

Well we have a new manager so who can say?

One thing is for sure....we are not expecting miracles from him in n his first season....an improvement certainly on last season and I think the two signings we have made so far are solid ones.

Lamela back and fully fit at the start of the season is like an extra player as well in the attack so we'll see....no doubt we will be looking at one or two more changes before the end of the window.

Well, if it doesn't work out OK, you could arrange a helicopter crash.

Levy would get the insurance money too.

smile.png