Tottenham Thread

chonabot

^^its not really pochs preffered way but wingers stretching play could help, but hey he's done ok so far using the pace of the bacs so who am i to complain. Just me.i.suppose I do love the sight of a winger flying down the line,,,

Seems Alfie made a very good call suggesting Kane as a no10, behind Janssen  Poch obviously thinking this way too judging from the Palace game.  It will be very interesting to see how he sets us up this season

I think we are going to be a real force this season, significantly stronger than last and still under the radar.

Only slight concern at the moment is the form of Eriksen.  He needs to step up.

Real competition too at the back of the midfield with Dier, Wanyama and Dembele.  Mason and Bentaleb likely missing out.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"still under the radar", sorry to disagree, but Spurs and Leicester are very definitely on everybody's radar this season and expected to challenge.

I know Gary Lineker has tipped us on twitter to win the title but everywhere else i have read or heard has written us off.  Its a nice place to be.  Don't know why either because as you yourself said we are the settled side and our two new signings have slotted in immediately.  Our English players should be getting their confidence back after they were "Hodged" at the euros and we have the same solid defense as last season.

yedlin, never really got a look in so no big surprise, on the face of it a good bit of business for newcastle 7.5 mil  and a 27year old out, 5 mil for a 23 year old in and with a while in the championship time for him to mature..

theres mention of sissoko ,, for 30 mil your having a larf ,, had a bloody good world cup,, but imo one of those players that turns it on when it suits him,,, still if poch reckons him!!!! ,, well  suppose  they could have a swop with chadli and  5 mil wouldnt be to bad. :D

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/24/newcastle-watford-daryl-janmaat

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Tottenham make £15m bid for Crystal Palace winger"...in Poch we trust.

I'm not making these up Smokie, honest.

No you're just reading what the papers make up.

Mindyou, he is young enough but why would we want him.  Good player and wouldn't be a bad buy but why?

Your still sounding hung up on us by the way....just saying.

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just read an article "Tottenham considering move for Man City's Mangala"...in Poch we trust.

Again, stop believing what the papers say and you won't sound so dreadfully absorbed in everything Spurs.  You claim to support City so follow them not us.:thumbsup:

You clearly hate the "In Poch we trust" which personally i just love:cheesy:  But we do BB so get over it....

Anyway, moving on from the obsessed, Bentaleb to Schalke on a year long loan.  Great shame, this lads a talent and i wish him the best

Edlin off, sold to the barcodes.  Bit strange preferred him to Trippier.

Mason probably off to Hull.  Always a shame to lose homegrown but he needs match time and he'll get it there.  No room at Spurs anymore.

"why would we want him.  Good player and wouldn't be a bad buy but why?" - exactly what I was thinking, and why I posted the 2 news article headlines, but maybe Poch sees something in Mangala and Zaha.

So if I post on the Spurs forum it's because I'm "still hung up on us by the way" but when you 4 spurs fans post on the City forum it's not because you're hung up on City, right?

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just read an article "Tottenham considering move for Man City's Mangala"...in Poch we trust.

Don't be so naive BB,  anyway why would Mangala want to come to Spurs ? if he can't get in the City team then he certainly isn't going to get in our team !

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"why would we want him.  Good player and wouldn't be a bad buy but why?" - exactly what I was thinking, and why I posted the 2 news article headlines, but maybe Poch sees something in Mangala and Zaha.

So if I post on the Spurs forum it's because I'm "still hung up on us by the way" but when you 4 spurs fans post on the City forum it's not because you're hung up on City, right?

No its the constant "in Poch we trust" jibes and your palpable jealousy with the youth of our side and  obvious strength and quality bearing fruit in our academy.

I know you won't but theres a lot more trolling yardage on the Arsenal thread what with a manager under fire after two matches and a club thats clearly lost its very soul.

Edited by carmine

52 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As a matter of interest, if we could get Zaha for a snip why wouldn't we.  He wouldn't weaken our side and we definitely don't need him but why not for the right price?  He has talent and would improve under our manager i think without a doubt.  At a very good price he wouldn't hurt for sure.

Mandala would probably weaken us.  Not good enough.

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

As a matter of interest, if we could get Zaha for a snip why wouldn't we.  He wouldn't weaken our side and we definitely don't need him but why not for the right price?  He has talent and would improve under our manager i think without a doubt.  At a very good price he wouldn't hurt for sure.

Mandala would probably weaken us.  Not good enough.

This comment proves the story is rubbish  If Spurs can agree a difficult deal for the France international centre-back, they will listen to offers for Kevin Wimmer, who signed a new five-year contract last month.

Wasnt it recenrly reported mangala signed for city 4 loads more than originally reported and that originally was to much. plus no doubts stupidly huge wage money considering he aint that good!! ,, but point being according to reports they, aka the hart deal, you want him you pay ALL the wages not that we should want him he's less than average , but the point is its be yet another huge f up from the cheque book boys, you really couldnt make up how
inept they are if you tried.

1 hour ago, rijit said:

Wasnt it recenrly reported mangala signed for city 4 loads more than originally reported and that originally was to much. plus no doubts stupidly huge wage money considering he aint that good!! ,, but point being according to reports they, aka the hart deal, you want him you pay ALL the wages not that we should want him he's less than average , but the point is its be yet another huge f up from the cheque book boys, you really couldnt make up how
inept they are if you tried.

Mandalas got average.  He's nowhere near good enough.  But, as said before, at the right price and as a squad player you'd have Zaha all day long.  But, they reputedly want fortunes and would he be prepared to fight for his place?

Yeah,though weve historucally never really done v well with wingers from crystal palace ide not be unhappy with zaha thought he was a bit of an unfortunate victim of the moyes's regime at utd.

Im sure he would be ok with ' fihting for his place, its blatently obvious atm he wouldnt be a starter,, who knows though lamella or erickson not Chipping in with enough goals and he does,, u never know. Saying that chadly gets a few and still he cant get in

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"your palpable jealousy with the youth of our side and  obvious strength and quality bearing fruit in our academy" - good to see you've got a sense of humour ;-)

Its palpable BB, it really is you know.  You need to try a different line;)

• Like 1