Tottenham Thread

chonabot

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"considering we for example finished above City last season"...and what did you WIN by finishing above City last season AND BELOW Arsenal AS USUAL. ..bugger all. Keep on dreaming boys.

Its simply a measure of our progress.  

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I do need a beer, you're right, but it would also good if your mate would stop posting embarrassing comments.

WHEN EXACTLY HAVE YOU WON ANYTHING?

"That's made my day that has"

article_update_img.jpeg

Not sure about making your day....you seem very uptight.

btw, how much are you paying the 19yo Brazilian?  There must have been a reason he choose City.

"Not sure about making your day....you seem very uptight."
I repeat, you made my day. Nearly pissed my pants laughing at your ridiculous comment that you're hoping everyone will forget - I will be reminding you of it from time to time.

"btw, how much are you paying the 19yo Brazilian?  There must have been a reason he choose City."
Absolutely no idea how much we're paying Jesus, but you can absolutely be assured we can afford it but thanks for asking. Hoping at 27M we'll get a bigger bang for our bucks than Spurs from your £30m RECORD signing Moussa Sissoko.

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Not sure about making your day....you seem very uptight."
I repeat, you made my day. Nearly pissed my pants laughing at your ridiculous comment that you're hoping everyone will forget - I will be reminding you of it from time to time.

"btw, how much are you paying the 19yo Brazilian?  There must have been a reason he choose City."
Absolutely no idea how much we're paying Jesus, but you can absolutely be assured we can afford it but thanks for asking. Hoping at 27M we'll get a bigger bang for our bucks than Spurs from your £30m RECORD signing Moussa Sissoko.

Well try and sound like you are enjoying yourself rather than being really uptight and prickly!!!!

btw, i stand by everything i have posted.  City's trophies are all down to an arab checkbook.  End of story.

Noticed a trend here. Whenever you accuse me of being "uptight and prickly" it usually means I'm having a right good time and enjoying myself at your expense.

"btw, i stand by everything i have posted."
So you're standing by your comment that was so obviously wrong...what was it again 555.

"City's trophies are all down to an arab checkbook."
Aw diddums...how old ARE you? Can you piss higher than me. Is your dad biggrr than mine? It's like trying to argue with my 12 year old.

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

btw, i stand by everything i have posted.  City's trophies are all down to an arab checkbook.  End of story.

And we are very grateful to him for his investment. However, now we are posting profits, he should start to see some returns.

Your club also has a chequebook (just like every other club), he just doesn't invest much of it and even though you lot go on about net spend, the 2014/15 accounts show you were 21m quid in debt compared to our 8m quid profit.

Edit. Link to every clubs finances:- https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/premier-league-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn

So, to summarise. City's owner invested a lot for the future and is now returning profits. Tottenham invest in dribs and drabs and are more concerned about how much money they get back for players than winning trophies but are still in debt. That's the real end of the story. Thanks for listening

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Noticed a trend here. Whenever you accuse me of being "uptight and prickly" it usually means I'm having a right good time and enjoying myself at your expense.

"btw, i stand by everything i have posted."
So you're standing by your comment that was so obviously wrong...what was it again 555.

"City's trophies are all down to an arab checkbook."
Aw diddums...how old ARE you? Can you piss higher than me. Is your dad biggrr than mine? It's like trying to argue with my 12 year old.

I see the very mention of the arab money immediately hits that raw nerve.

You were nothing before they took you over, you know it, i know it, everybody knows it.  

And you really are sounding uptight and prickly BB......chill man!

Just now, carmine said:

You were nothing before they took you over, you know it, i know it, everybody knows it.  

Us City fans know it as well. What's your point in all this? Because every club needs investment and money or you become a Blackburn, Blackpool or Portsmouth etc.

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Us City fans know it as well. What's your point in all this? Because every club needs investment and money or you become a Blackburn, Blackpool or Portsmouth etc.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of whats going on, on Planet BB?

54 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And we are very grateful to him for his investment. However, now we are posting profits, he should start to see some returns.

Your club also has a chequebook (just like every other club), he just doesn't invest much of it and even though you lot go on about net spend, the 2014/15 accounts show you were 21m quid in debt compared to our 8m quid profit.

Edit. Link to every clubs finances:- https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/premier-league-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn

So, to summarise. City's owner invested a lot for the future and is now returning profits. Tottenham invest in dribs and drabs and are more concerned about how much money they get back for players than winning trophies but are still in debt. That's the real end of the story. Thanks for listening

Go away bj, coming on here like you are some financial whizz kid when it comes to football clubs when you get even get simple things right, like claiming City are 8m quid profit compared to Spurs debt, it's not profit it's a cash balance which are 2 different things, anyway what people are saying about City winning the lottery is 100% confirmed in them figs, 

the senior member of oil-rich Abu Dhabi’s ruling family, has spent £1.232bn since he bought the ailing club in 2008. In 2014-15, Mansour increased his investment, a record for an English football club, by a further £80m.

So it's just as well the club don't have to pay that money back as you certainly wouldn't have a zero debt :whistling:

I would imagine that old Mansour is still waiting for some serious returns (football wise) from that investment,  just 2 titles, nowhere near a European Trophy, an Academy that is bringing through dick all, he must be wondering where it has all gone wrong ! 

Edited by alfieconn

"I see the very mention of the arab money immediately hits that raw nerve."

Actually I love it every time you spurs fans mention our owner's and our money, reminds me of how lucky we are to have been bought by a very wealthy man who is doing great things for our club and the local community, and you have...Daniel Levy.

I also love it when you stoop to 12 year old school yard comments.

I also love to view your jealousy.

Keep up the good work boys!

2017-01-26-11-14-06-210554663.jpeg

Edited by Bredbury Blue

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually I've a week holiday at home to play with you lot! 555

I think the jokes on you BB!!  And enlarging posts , especially one where you clearly missed the point isn't making it any better.

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

"I see the very mention of the arab money immediately hits that raw nerve."

Actually I love it every time you spurs fans mention our owner's and our money, reminds me of how lucky we are to have been bought by a very wealthy man who is doing great things for our club and the local community, and you have...Daniel Levy.

I also love it when you stoop to 12 year old school yard comments.

I also love to view your jealousy.

Keep up the good work boys!

Yes i was sick with jealousy watching our younger homegrown side cut through your overpaid show pony at White Hart Lane.  

Yep made me sick with jealousy.  Kept wishing my club was a rich arabs plaything.

Anything else you'd like to add? :post-4641-1156694572:

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Carmine you're just making it worse for yourself lad. Admit it, you posted a stupid comment. Or maybe I should post it again for you and you can explain it to us all.

I'm saying you effectively bought your trophies lad, plain and simple.  It was just a case of huge financial clout turning a shambles into a title winning side.  But we all know it was just down to money.  I'll try not to be so subtle next time

^"When exactly have you won anything?"

That means exactly what is says "When exactly have you won anything"? 

It does not mean "you effectively bought your trophies".

You were not doing this "I'll try not to be so subtle next time", it's ok lad, we can let it go but stop trying to make out you were posting something you weren't.

Loving your posts this morning lad 555.

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Go away bj, coming on here like you are some financial whizz kid when it comes to football clubs when you get even get simple things right, like claiming City are 8m quid profit compared to Spurs debt, it's not profit it's a cash balance which are 2 different things, anyway what people are saying about City winning the lottery is 100% confirmed in them figs, 

Oh my Buddha, alfie thinks I write for the Guardian now. Have a complaint on the figures address it to them, not me :thumbsup:

You are sounding really jealous now alfie about our "lottery win" but never mind. Keep acting like a little corner shop buying toffees (players) cheap and selling some of them for a profit. Come on, is that really Spurs core business, buying and selling players? Just think if you had kept those players and won cups or gone into the Champions League and got the financial rewards that go with it. That is why your net spend figures are absolutely meaningless. They don't take into account what revenue you lost by not keeping your best players and potentially winning or qualifying for things.

It will be quite interesting when next years figures come out to see what your turnover was this year after being in the Champs League.......even though it was short lived :smile: 

• Like 2

We sold players who wanted to leave...not our fault really when Madrid come calling.

Even City can't steal their players.

Quite happy with our young home grown stars thanks mrboj...win the league or not we always play good football.

Shame the same can't be said for your overpaid lot....can't hit a barndoor without a massive hand from Lloris.

All that money spent!!

You really should be walking this league....some awful decisions on Moss Side from the board and managers.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh my Buddha, alfie thinks I write for the Guardian now. Have a complaint on the figures address it to them, not me :thumbsup:

You are sounding really jealous now alfie about our "lottery win" but never mind. Keep acting like a little corner shop buying toffees (players) cheap and selling some of them for a profit. Come on, is that really Spurs core business, buying and selling players? Just think if you had kept those players and won cups or gone into the Champions League and got the financial rewards that go with it. That is why your net spend figures are absolutely meaningless. They don't take into account what revenue you lost by not keeping your best players and potentially winning or qualifying for things.

It will be quite interesting when next years figures come out to see what your turnover was this year after being in the Champs League.......even though it was short lived :smile: 

Yh Aconn what he said 

13 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Quite happy with our young home grown stars thanks mrboj...win the league or not we always play good football.

Shame the same can't be said for your overpaid lot....can't hit a barndoor without a massive hand from Lloris.

Nobody (that I have seen) has said you don't play good football smokes. You play fantastic, entertaining football. It's just all malarky about net spend which keeps getting posted on here. It's a joke.

As for how much they're paid. Well, it's Horses for courses Smokes. Our wages as a proportion to turnover are only a little more than yours.

P7aOxZTwBGG+AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I would have thought a financial whizz kid such as yourself would have known the wording was incorrect and thus wouldn't have repeated it in your post 

Anyway it's strange that we are on the City thread, i reply to your post about City finances and the only reply you can come with up is blaming The Guarding and bringing Spurs finaces into it , anyway i will repeat just in case you missed it and why don't you comment on some of the points below and post the part about Spurs finances on the Spurs thread, theres a good boy :biggrin:

the senior member of oil-rich Abu Dhabi’s ruling family, has spent £1.232bn since he bought the ailing club in 2008. In 2014-15, Mansour increased his investment, a record for an English football club, by a further £80m.

So it's just as well the club don't have to pay that money back as you certainly wouldn't have a zero debt :whistling:

I would imagine that old Mansour is still waiting for some serious returns (football wise) from that investment,  just 2 titles, nowhere near a European Trophy, an Academy that is bringing through dick all, he must be wondering where it has all gone wrong ! 

Edited by alfieconn

12 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

You having trouble reading now, i said  post the part about Spurs finances on the Spurs thread, why did you post the whole post, your making yourself look more silly by the minute !

We ARE on the Spurs thread. Oh my Buddha, who is looking silly again!!

34 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Anyway it's strange that we are on the City thread,

I wasn't going to post the reply to this but as you keep harping on and calling me silly. It seems you are confused today.

Alfie, for clarity we are on the Spurs thread not the City thread. Sort it out lad

26 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

You having trouble reading now, i said  post the part about Spurs finances on the Spurs thread, why did you post the whole post, your making yourself look more silly by the minute !

He's right Aconn. Spurs is AKA Tottenham so I can assure you this is the Spurs section.