Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, carmine said:

What really amuses me is their failure/unwillingness to acknowledge the remarkable feat of even managing to compete, let alone win the title!!  

Leicester last, Spurs this, neither should be able to get anywhere near the big spenders

You Spurs fans seem to think others should be impressed. Why exactly? Spurs is one of the big clubs of England, but you’ve had only a few decent seasons in the Premier years (or we can go back to 1961 if you like), with the past two seasons ONLY being decent. I WAS impressed with a mid-to-bottom team like Leicester shocking us all and becoming Champions, especially based upon their previous season, but impressed by Spurs performance these past TWO seasons – not really – you’re having a purple-patch (most teams have them from time to time) before you return to type.

Here’s your premier record:

Season         Pos

2016/2017     2

2015/2016     3

2014/2015     5

2013/2014     6

2012/2013     5

2011/2012     4

2010/2011     5

2009/2010     4

2008/2009     8

2007/2008     11

2006/2007     5

2005/2006     5

2004/2005     9

2003/2004     14

2002/2003     10

2001/2002     9

2000/2001     12

1999/2000     10

1998/1999     11

1997/1998     14

1996/1997     10

1995/1996     8

1994/1995     7

1993/1994     15

1992/1993     8

5 hours ago, carmine said:

The question you should be asking is do i like the direction our owners are taking the club and the manner they are doing it.

That answer is yes.

The attitudes of other sets of supporters BB shows your envy at our model is quite palpable because were not throwing money at the sport, were attempting to achieve the highest levels through development within.  If we do win the league you'll never be able to feel the satisfaction we will and that clearly grates, much to my amusement i might add.

"envy at your model" - by whom exactly?

"If we do win the league" - IF!

"If we do win the league you'll never be able to feel the satisfaction we will and that clearly grates, much to my amusement i might add." - How can you possibly feel what i feel and vice versa. Guarantee if those of us whose teams HAVE won the Premier got to discuss our feelings on winning it, by whatever means/circumstances, i'll bet the satisfaction would be the same for all of us...IT FEELS GOOD. Come back on here when you're at that stage so that we can discuss "feelings". I can assure you that there is nothing 'grating' matey, your delusional if you think i'm envying Spurs or your model, delusional!

Sorry but there is nothing in your post i agree with...or i believe to be true.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

"If we do win the league" - IF!

"If we do win the league you'll never be able to feel the satisfaction we will and that clearly grates, much to my amusement i might add." - How can you possibly feel what i feel and vice versa. Guarantee if those of us whose teams HAVE won the Premier got to discuss our feelings on winning it, by whatever means/circumstances, i'll bet the satisfaction would be the same for all of us...IT FEELS GOOD. Come back on here when you're at that stage so that we can discuss "feelings". I can assure you that there is nothing 'grating' matey, your delusional if you think i'm envying Spurs or your model, delusional!

Sorry but there is nothing in your post i agree with...or i believe to be true.

Don't worry about it, you are the one person everybody knows wouldn't agree with it.  Its taken as a given and thats why you thought and opinions tend to be polar opposite to nearly everyone else.

Alfredo - Funny to see the also rans still fighting it out for the CL spot's.

mrbojangles - Let's see if you can stay in in for a tad longer next season.

Shouldn't that be let's see if Spurs can win it next season and then gloat.. finished 2nd and the 'lap of honour' mentality for coming 2nd and winning nothing is comical!  :smile:

5 hours ago, carmine said:

The attitudes of other sets of supporters BB shows your envy at our model is quite palpable because were not throwing money at the sport, were attempting to achieve the highest levels through development within.  If we do win the league you'll never be able to feel the satisfaction we will and that clearly grates, much to my amusement i might add.

You are sooooo far off the mark it's laughable matey.

There is no way that my feelings of elation (not just mere satisfaction) in 2012 could be surpassed. Maybe equalled but never surpassed. Obviously you have forgot how the final day panned out or you wouldn't have made such a statement.

17 minutes ago, carmine said:

No you are just being so on the uptake as per usual........he gave you his thoughts months ago and you made a right Charlie of yourself responding to him

Is the mist rising a little now?

No it's not, but as you seem to know where to find it then point me in the right direction so that i can check if you are correct here for a change.

PS. Bob/I were questioning  Spurs fans opinion: not exactly interested in Arsenal's opinion; they're foreign owned anyway [Stan Kroenke (USA)].

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfredo - Funny to see the also rans still fighting it out for the CL spot's.

mrbojangles - Let's see if you can stay in in for a tad longer next season.

Shouldn't that be let's see if Spurs can win it next season and then gloat.. finished 2nd and the 'lap of honour' mentality for coming 2nd and winning nothing is comical!  :smile:

You have no idea how stupid you sound.

Oh, and how on earth could we possibly win the league playing all our home games at Wembley.....honestly!!!!!

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You are sooooo far off the mark it's laughable matey.

There is no way that my feelings of elation (not just mere satisfaction) in 2012 could be surpassed. Maybe equalled but never surpassed. Obviously you have forgot how the final day panned out or you wouldn't have made such a statement.

You really expect me to believe that had you won the league built around a homegrown team it wouldn't have been extra special?!!!

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Don't worry about it, you are the one person everybody knows wouldn't agree with it.  Its taken as a given and thats why you thought and opinions tend to be polar opposite to nearly everyone else.

Aw...what a way to debate..."you are the one person everybody knows wouldn't agree with it".

I also think you are off the mark  with "you thought and opinions tend to be polar opposite to nearly everyone else". Closer to the mark would be my thoughts and opinions tend to be polar opposite to you and Alrefrddo and one Liverpool fan (the one who always Likes your posts criticizing me, bless him).

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No it's not, but as you seem to know where to find it then point me in the right direction so that i can check if you are correct here for a change.

PS. Bob/I were questioning  Spurs fans opinion: not exactly interested in Arsenal's opinion; they're foreign owned anyway [Stan Kroenke (USA)].

For some the mist will never clear.....

1 minute ago, carmine said:

You really expect me to believe that had you won the league built around a homegrown team it wouldn't have been extra special?!!!

Why are you saying your team is homegrown now, cause it isn't you know. 

Bet there hasn't been a Division 1/Premier champions made up of home-grown players in donkeys and it will never happen again as EVERY club buys!

[got to go work now - I'LL BE BACK ;-) ]

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

I can tell you in absolute honesty, that the thought never entered my head, either then or now. We WON the Prem Carms, it was an emotional blast.

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I can tell you in absolute honesty, that the thought never entered my head, either then or now. We WON the Prem Carms, it was an emotional blast.

Oh that i've never doubted.

43 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Your owners, isn't what we are doing exactly the vision that your owner's have for your Academy, well so BJ keeps telling us, see from These Football times : 

The club’s phenomenal training facilities are not just a great place to learn how to play football, they are a statement of intent that City intend to accomplish their vision of development from within. 

It is City’s club vision to produce, to develop and to create, rather than simply acquire. 

The solid foundation of English youth in the academy ranks bodes extremely well for the future and portrays a club that aspires to do much more than simply haemorrhage cash on marquee signings. 

Edited by alfieconn

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Why are you saying your team is homegrown now, cause it isn't you know. 

Bet there hasn't been a Division 1/Premier champions made up of home-grown players in donkeys and it will never happen again as EVERY club buys!

[got to go work now - I'LL BE BACK ;-) ]

Not i wasn't saying that was i!  

Lets face it , we've had some average seasons for the last 20 years. I remember the FA cup win back in 1990 and the future looked promising. We've had lots of up and downs since then. Now lets focus on the future , now we are finally established in the top 4 , hopefully for good.

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That the way It read.

So just how many homegrown players In your first 11?

Probably a considerable number in the next two games for sure.

I will let you count them and report back as I know you enjoy counting up and colouring in.

Do you enjoy the paddling pool too? :biggrin:

Mind and keep your Thursday nights free though just in case!

Edited by RonniePickering22
Poor spelling in front of the children.

34 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Probably a considerable number in the next two games for sure.

I will let you count them and report back as I know you enjoy counting up and colouring in.

Do you enjoy the paddling pool too? :biggrin:

Mind and keep your Thursday nights free though just in case!

Whatever the number is, its a <deleted> sight more than city have, or likely to have.  Cant remember the last time they had a yoof come through the ranks and held down a 1 st team spot, probably 10 years min and maybe  it wad richards and it could be argued that he dont count cos didnt they buy him young!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Whatever the number is, its a <deleted> sight more than city have, or likely to have.  Cant remember the last time they had a yoof come through the ranks and held down a 1 st team spot, probably 10 years min and maybe  it wad richards and it could be argued that he dont count cos didnt they buy him young!!

Richards was most certainly the last English player to come through the rank's,  as for buying him young enough, they could buy a 22 yr old and play him in the Under23s and they would count that as coming through the Academy :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Richards was most certainly the last English player to come through the rank's,  as for buying him young enough, they could buy a 22 yr old and play him in the Under23s and they would count that as coming through the Academy :biggrin:

They prefer to buy them at 25 or 26 Alfie cos then they can brag about how much they spent.

19 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

They prefer to buy them at 25 or 26 Alfie cos then they can brag about how much they spent.

Nah their answer is that its just a short term policy same as spending large, trouble is it aint changing and dont look like it's ever gonna. Them and the chavs have  irresponcibly helped push transfers fees lo and wages through the roof, bit like dimwits with new money aint really got a firm foot in reality of the true value, never really having to earn it so its real value is lost on them  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, balo said:

Lets face it , we've had some average seasons for the last 20 years. I remember the FA cup win back in 1990 and the future looked promising. We've had lots of up and downs since then. Now lets focus on the future , now we are finally established in the top 4 , hopefully for good.

Well faced but you are a top 6 team not a top 4 bar the last 2 seasons.

Edited by Rc2702
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Well faced but you are a top 6 team not a top 4 bar the last 2 seasons.

Well that's not true as we made the QF's on our first shot at the CL.

But moving on we are one of the two best teams in the Premiership going forward. :smile: